Real Time Chat Room 04/19/2017As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th. After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
This Forum is the property of the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club. The views expressed in this Forum, and the views of the Forum Moderators do not in any way represent the views of Edmonton Oilers or its Directors or Employees.
The rules and guidelines are for the integrity of new and existing users. Please read the rules below carefully. By posting in this forum you agree to abide by these rules. While we will moderate the message board we would also ask that you, the users, help to maintain a high-quality, family friendly message board. Some items are subjective and at the discretion of the Staff. We ask you to carefully read and acknowledge the board rules listed below, and respect the feedback from the moderation team.
1. All new accounts are registered through NHL.com. If you register multiple accounts, all but one will be disabled. New members may start topics and reply to topics but they will need to be approved by the moderation team before being visible on the message board. Once the member has reached 5 approved posts they will no longer be under restriction.
2. Any attempt to register an obscene or unsuitable username will be permanently excluded from this forum.
3. Any attempt to impersonate of falsely claim to represent a person or organization will result in immediate exclusion from the forum.
4. Multiple accounts will automatically be disabled and the primary account banned. If you are found to be using more than one account (i.e. proxy accounts), you will be permanently banned. Any attempt to bypass a temporary suspension or ban will immediately result in your account being disabled permanently.
5. Registrations with incorrect email addresses will be deleted and any registrations that have not validated their email address will be automatically deleted in 7 days.
1. Creating A New Topic: Always search for an existing topic before creating a new one to ensure you are not making a duplicate. The search button is located on the top right corner of every forum page.
2. Language and Inappropriate Content: This is a family-oriented site provided and operated by the Edmonton Oilers and the National Hockey League. You agree not to post profanity, sexual innuendo and anything else similar in text, or as an image within the community. Any post considered to be in violation of these rules will be deleted without warning. Circumventing the filter by starring out words or letters is considered the same as using profanity.
3. Discrimination based on race, gender, religion, and/or sexual orientation: You agree not to post discriminatory material or use any verbal slur that targets someone, or a group of people, based upon gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, and cultural background. This behavior will not be tolerated
4. Respect Fellow Users: When you register, you agree to become part of our community. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow board members and any visitors. Criticism of ideas and opinions are welcome, but you may not slander or personally attack other members in any way. Criticism of another member's opinion or point of view is fine, but name calling is not acceptable.
5. Trolling/Trash Talking: Any topic or post viewed as trash talk by the staff may be removed without warning. Registering and posting on this board with the intention of demeaning, insulting and/or deliberate 'trolling' i.e. posting with the intent to incite or provoke an adverse response will result in warnings or bans applied at the moderation teams discretion.
**Do not respond to "trolls" (inflammatory posters simply looking to provoke other members) or "spammers" (posters selling or advertising something). Rather than responding to such a post, use the report button beneath that post and allow the moderator to handle the situation. All responses to trolls and spammers are subject to deletion. A hostile retaliation only gives the person the attention they are looking for and/or bumps the topic back up to the top of the page. Those who continue to respond to these posts will have a penalty applied as it only adds to the problem**
6. Thread Hi-Jacking: Taking a thread off-topic is offensive to the originator of the thread and the entire message board. Please keep all posts relevant to the topic at hand and take all off-topic comments and conversations to PM. Personal conversations of no relevance to the forum should be taken to email or pm. Failure to do so will result in posts/threads being removed and warnings applied.
7. Reporting Rule Violations: Please report infractions to a moderator by using the “report” button located to the bottom left of each post. Please do not respond to obvious trolls and spammers directly and take matters into your own hands. This makes you part of the problem and makes our job of keeping the peace more difficult than it needs to be.
8. Respect Privacy: Please respect the personal privacy of all league players, management, personnel and their families. Discussions or photos which are personal in nature are not allowed. The staff reserves the right to remove any offensive posts, topics or photos that are personal in nature to any player or member of the Oilers organization. Failure to do so may result in immediate termination of your account.
9. Pornography: You agree to nor post images or links containing sexually suggestive material. Posts containing such material will be deleted and your account banned, no exceptions.
10. Religion & Politics: Threads or posts that are political or religious in nature are not allowed. Unfortunately, past experience has shown that such threads/discussions tend to get out of hand and require excessive maintenance and monitoring by the the staff. Threads or posts that are political or religious in nature will be locked or removed without notice. We appreciate your understanding on this position.
11. Advertising: You agree not to advertise or promote any products or services via affiliate links either on the board, chat or through private messaging. This includes referrals/invites to join other message boards, communities, chat, blogs or any promotion to a website with intent to siphon traffic or make a profit. Advertising illegal game feeds that are not authorized by written consent of the NHL is against the rules
12. Respect Copyright Laws: Sharing news items is welcome but you must post a link, or give proper credit in standard news format to the author/source instead of reproducing the entire article. Advertising illegal game feeds that are not authorized by written consent of the NHL infringes copyright laws and is against the rules.
13. External Links: The Edmonton Oilers do not endorse and are not responsible for the content of external sites - links will open in new window. Members will be held responsible for posting links to external sites that contain offensive material. Any questionable or offensive links will be deleted.
14. Image Rules: You agree not to post images or links of images containing sexually suggestive material. Posts containing such material will be edited and may result in an immediate account suspension. You may post images you have taken at games or made yourself that are Oiler related. If images stretch the page, please edit your post and post a link to the picture instead. Please be respectful to fellow members and ask permission before copying and using images that you didn't post or create. The staff reserves the right to remove any image for any reason at our discretion.
15. Avatar/Signature: Avatars deemed unsuitable or inappropriate by the Admin team will be removed without notice. Any attempt to post an obscene or unsuitable avatar/Signature will result in it being removed and a penalty applied. Posting a link to personal blogs or other websites is not allowed in your signature.
Avatar Size: 120 (Length) X 120 (Height)
Signature Size: 500 (Length) X 125 (Height)
**When using a picture signature you are allowed 1 line of text below. If you only use text as a signature please ensure it does not exceed 3 lines**
16. Selling/Trading: No soliciting, selling tickets, or any other goods are allowed. Members doing so will have their accounts deactivated immediately.
17. Moderator/Admin Issues: Please do not make a thread or post about moderator or admin issues. Any complaints should be addressed via PM to the Admin and this also includes allowing the Admin time to respond. "Hey Mod" posts are not an effective way to communicate issues and will result in warning applied.
18. Chat Room: All forum rules also apply to the chat room. Logs can be reviewed and will be reviewed if rule violations are reported.
All postings are monitored and Forum Admin reserves the right to edit or remove posts/threads at any time, without citing a reason. Failure to abide by the guidelines set out above may result in you being permanently excluded from this Forum. If you disagree with the rules of the forum please inform Forum admin, who will remove your registration details.
The access and use of this forum featuring the above terms and conditions constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date on which you first use this forum.
You agree to use this forum only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this forum by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, likely to give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. We will fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.