What system do you have?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What system do you have?

• PLAYSTATION 3 FTW
    • XBOX 360 FTW
    • Wii FTW (you guys fail)
    • COMPUTER (for mainly gaming) FTW
    • OTHER FTW

Just a place to talk about video games. No specific system, no specific game. Acceptabe topics include:

1.What are you playing right now

2.whats your favorite game(s)

3.what games do you have

4.best system

5. Online ID

6.anything about video games

I'll start things off:

I have a PS3. I am currently playing MAG.

My top five fav. games are:

1. UNCHARTED 2: Among Theives

2. InFAMOUS

3. MAG

4. UNCHARTED: Drake's Fortune

5. The NHL series by EA Sports

My Online ID is hemer83 on PSN

Edited by hemer83

Just to clarify, you don't have to answer every question. Feel free to disscus any and all video games.

BTW UNCHARTED 2: Among thieves is the best game in history.

Edited by hemer83

Just to clarify, you don't have to answer every question. Feel free to disscus any and all video games.

BTW UNCHARTED 2: Among thieves is the best game in history.

Uncharted 3 is going to be the greatest game in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_3:_Drake%27s_Deception

It's going to be in 3D. 3.D. I am going to buy a 3D TV just so that I can see Drake's manly stubble jumping off the screen at me.

1.NHL 11

2.Pokemon, B****

3.NHL 11, COD,Pokemon

4.Gameboy Advance

5. Not sharing

who do you think you are, taylor hall or something

I know, right? Like anyone will actually spam the dude.

Anyway, I'm gonna grow out my fav. Video game-related quote from some dude on twitter;

Playing the computer is like fighting a girl: if you win, it's no big deal. If you loose, it's embarrassing.

Playstation is WINNING! go ps3!

Uncharted 3 is going to be the greatest game in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_3:_Drake%27s_Deception

It's going to be in 3D. 3.D. I am going to buy a 3D TV just so that I can see Drake's manly stubble jumping off the screen at me.

Yeah, is gonna be beast. Not gonna buy a whole new tv for it though. :th_dance:

U3 and infamous 2 coming out in the same week, + arkhan city, portal 2, socom 4, and mass effect 3 all within a few months! What a year for games! Oh I forgot; Battlefield: Bad company 3 and a new COD in the same day I think!!

Forgot duke nukham ;) 13 years in the making !!! Not getting most of those though. Just U3 and infamous

1.What are you playing right now: NHL EMH 07, NHL 11, Oblivion, Just finished LA Noire, Garrysmod

2.whats your favorite game(s): Diablo 1 and 2, NHL EA Series, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Battlefield(1942,2,BC2), Dragon Age Origins, Batman Arkham Asylum, GTA(any), Red Dead Redemption, basically everything from Rockstar, Resident Evil 3, 4, Outbreak Files 1 and 2

3.what games do you have : Too Many

4.best system : PC, assuming you have the money to keep it up to date, consoles just can't compare, Favorite system - Xbox 360

5. Online ID : Rekkin

6. Anticipating : NHL 12, Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Batman Arkham City

Also, Mass Effect > Uncharted, AINEC ;)

Yes, I've played both.

Wish MAG was better than it is.

Edited by Rekkin74

1.What are you playing right now: NHL EMH 07, NHL 11, Oblivion, Just finished LA Noire, Garrysmod

2.whats your favorite game(s): Diablo 1 and 2, NHL EA Series, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Battlefield(1942,2,BC2), Dragon Age Origins, Batman Arkham Asylum, GTA(any), Red Dead Redemption, basically everything from Rockstar, Resident Evil 3, 4, Outbreak Files 1 and 2

3.what games do you have : Too Many

4.best system : PC, assuming you have the money to keep it up to date, consoles just can't compare, Favorite system - Xbox 360

5. Online ID : Rekkin

6. Anticipating : NHL 12, Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3, Duke Nukem Forever, Battlefield 3, Gears of War 3, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Batman Arkham City

Also, Mass Effect > Uncharted, AINEC ;)

Yes, I've played both.

Wish MAG was better than it is.

Anticipating- NHL 12, U3, infamous 2, the others are great but I'm not getting those

Games I have; mx vs atv, motorstorm 1, stuntman ignition, Spiderman 3 collectors edition, infamous, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, NHL 9, 10, 11, MAG, battlefield 1943, star wars: the force unleashed 1, 2, rockband 2, rockband: the beatles, rockband: classic rock trac pack,

Dude, uncharted Is the best, but I haven't played mass effect so I Camt judge.

I haven't found any flaws with MAG. aside from the lack of a single player campaign

Do you have a ps3 or just a xbox?

Edited by hemer83

PS3 - add me up if youd like. PmbnsangCallBoy

80% of playtime -> Call of Duty whichever the latest one is

20% goes to NHL whichever the latest is, also. lol

really stoked about ModernWarfare3 later on in the year, MP5 + Barret!!

on the other hand, it's a love/hate for NHL GM mode, since every god damn player thinks he can earn 6 million/per.. EA needs to put in a better AI. one who knows a certain "role" it plays on a team.. i got shitheads like an 82 overall RNH asking for 7m over 6 years.. while a 97 overall Hall settled for 6m over 4 years. wtf.. realistically, itd be around 3.5-4/year for RNH at that stage. also, they need to implement some kind of "loyalty system" or something like a "hometown discount" for players you drafted and took care of. i mean, crap dude, its a human attribute they need to put into, something like "if theres a great chance of winning a cup with this team, id sacrifice a couple million to keep winning" kinda thing.. end of rant lol

I haven't found any flaws with MAG.

i have.. for 60 dollars, they better make something that looks better than 1997's counter strike, ffs. lol

gameplay, on the right track.

graphics, i think they used MS DOS to design the damn thing.. on par with Minecraft imho

Edited by cebu.oil

Anticipating- NHL 12, U3, infamous 2, the others are great but I'm not getting those

Games I have; motorstorm 1, stuntman ignition, Spiderman 3 collectors edition, infamous, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, NHL 9, 10, 11, MAG, battlefield 1943, star wars: the force unleashed 1, 2, rockband 2, rockband: the beatles, rockband: classic rock trac pack,

I haven't found any flaws with MAG. aside from the lack of a single player campaign

You need to try Mass Effect. I got the first one for PC even though my PC couldn't handle it. I could only play 45 minutes at a time before my system would overheat, and I still played through the whole thing.

Great game. ME2 is awesome as well. Still not better than U2, though. Rekkin must be on crack or something.

Games I have; mx vs atv, motorstorm 1, stuntman ignition, Spiderman 3 collectors edition, infamous, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, NHL 9, 10, 11, MAG, battlefield 1943, star wars: the force unleashed 1, 2, rockband 2, rockband: the beatles, rockband: classic rock trac pack,

I have both, well 3 X360s(mine, my brothers, and we got one free), 2 PS3s(family and brothers), and a Wii which I haven't played since they re-released RE4 on it.

I just felt like MAG had the potential to be so much more than it was, haven't played it since its beta, so maybe they've put in some solid updates, I don't know.

You need to play Mass Effect, made right here in Edmonton too, so bonus points there, not that it needs them though. Pick up or rent ME2 on ps3 sometime, solid 60 IIRC hour campaign, you're going to miss out on ME1 which sucks because the story carries through, including choices you make, but even standalone ME2 is the best game ever made, the Mass Effect games single handedly revived RPGs for me, I had a hate on for them for quite a while until ME came out. Very solid DLC as well, haven't played the latest one yet though.

Mass Effect may be more my style of game, but I stand by Mass Effect > Uncharted, both great games though.

Heres the first NHL12 Screenshot for those who missed it:

227568_10150261388730996_333387460995_9387908_1574860_n.jpgA few things of note, finally we have goalie collisions again, and EA added the winter classic this year. Fleury's helmet gets knocked off during the collision, does that mean it's safe to assume skaters can loose their helmets again?

Edited by Rekkin74

I have both, well 3 X360s(mine, my brothers, and we got one free), 2 PS3s(family and brothers), and a Wii which I haven't played since they re-released RE4 on it.

I just felt like MAG had the potential to be so much more than it was, haven't played it since its beta, so maybe they've put in some solid updates, I don't know.

You need to play Mass Effect, made right here in Edmonton too, so bonus points there, not that it needs them though. Pick up or rent ME2 on ps3 sometime, solid 60 IIRC hour campaign, you're going to miss out on ME1 which sucks because the story carries through, including choices you make, but even standalone ME2 is the best game ever made, the Mass Effect games single handedly revived RPGs for me, I had a hate on for them for quite a while until ME came out. Very solid DLC as well, haven't played the latest one yet though.

Mass Effect may be more my style of game, but I stand by Mass Effect > Uncharted, both great games though.

Heres the first NHL12 Screenshot for those who missed it:

227568_10150261388730996_333387460995_9387908_1574860_n.jpgA few things of note, finally we have goalie collisions again, and EA added the winter classic this year. Fleury's helmet gets knocked off during the collision, does that mean it's safe to assume skaters can loose their helmets again?

Can't get ME games, my crazy parents font let me play anything rated m. Too bad. Anyway, can't wait for U3 and infamous 2. Very similar game series if you think about it. Especially the parcour. Love climbing games. BTW, you have tooany game systems.

I had a ps2, then got a ps3. I had a wii, but sold it and gave away my ps2. Before ps2, I had a xbox, but sold it.

I'll look u up on PSN p

Can't get ME games, my crazy parents font let me play anything rated m. Too bad. Anyway, can't wait for U3 and infamous 2. Very similar game series if you think about it. Especially the parcour. Love climbing games. BTW, you have tooany game systems.

I had a ps2, then got a ps3. I had a wii, but sold it and gave away my ps2. Before ps2, I had a xbox, but sold it.

I'll look u up on PSN p

Too bad, ME is great, apart from the typical shooter-esque violence, I don't recall too bad language in ME, but there are romance options but it's not like you see anything other than a bra, so it's not too bad. I really liked infamous when I played it. Yes, I have way too many game systems, also have a nes, snes, n64, ps1 and ps2, way too many systems.

Sucks your parents wont let you play m rated games, there are a lot of great m games out there.

Brink has a pretty cool parcourish element to it, not a bad game either, might be rated m though, I don't recall.

my PSN tag is either Rekkin, Rekkin74, or Axxion91, not sure, haven't been on my PSN account since MAG or Killzone 2, whichever one came out later. I've gone through multiple PSN accounts, they keep getting deleted, I need to buy my own PS3. I wonder if gamestop still has them on sale...

Edited by Rekkin74

I voted for everything but the wii. I have ps3, xbox360, n64, retro duo, computer.

currently playing: NFS:MW (360), red dead redemption: undead nightmare (ps3, zelda (nes), final fantasy II (snes)

also enjoyed: fallout 3 and new vegas, borderlands(ps3), mass effect 2 and crack down 2 (360)

I either want to order a playseat or get a seat from a car and build a thing for a wheel setup (g27) to really get in gran turismo 5. I haven't been playing it much until I get a good setup.

Too bad, ME is great, apart from the typical shooter-esque violence, I don't recall too bad language in ME, but there are romance options but it's not like you see anything other than a bra, so it's not too bad. I really liked infamous when I played it. Yes, I have way too many game systems, also have a nes, snes, n64, ps1 and ps2, way too many systems.

Sucks your parents wont let you play m rated games, there are a lot of great m games out there.

Brink has a pretty cool parcourish element to it, not a bad game either, might be rated m though, I don't recall.

my PSN tag is either Rekkin, Rekkin74, or Axxion91, not sure, haven't been on my PSN account since MAG or Killzone 2, whichever one came out later. I've gone through multiple PSN accounts, they keep getting deleted, I need to buy my own PS3. I wonder if gamestop still has them on sale...

Brink is t. Maybe I'll try it. I searched rekkin and it's an active account. And wallmart has ps3 for 299.

You don't get it. I share my Xbox with my roommate.(It is his)"Not Sharing" is his Gamertag.

And the games I am waiting for:

NHL 12

Pokemon Ruby,Sapphire remakes.

Battlefield 3

Call of duty MW3.

Edited by YagerBomb-NanaIwantmyTurkey

You don't get it. I share my Xbox with my roommate.(It is his)"Not Sharing" is his Gamertag.

And the games I am waiting for:

NHL 12

Pokemon Ruby,Sapphire remakes.

Battlefield 3

Call of duty MW3.

Ok then....

Best username ever: I saw a guy in a first person shooter with the username im_hiding_here. It was on PSN of course.

First NHL 12 article and video:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1170039p1.html

Key Points

-Upgraded Physics engine

-Glass Breaking Hits

-Hits into Bench

-Helmets can get Knocked Loose/Off

-Jockeying in front of the Net for Position

-Smarter Goalies

-Goalie Collisions

-New/Better Goalie Desperation Saves

-Goalie Fights( :th_dance: )

-Upped Presentation featuring NHL Gamecenter Visual Action Tracker

-Release Date: September 13, 2011

Edited by Rekkin74

First NHL 12 article and video:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1170039p1.html

Key Points

-Upgraded Physics engine

-Glass Breaking Hits

-Hits into Bench

-Helmets can get Knocked Loose/Off

-Jockeying in front of the Net for Position

-Smarter Goalies

-Goalie Collisions

-New/Better Goalie Desperation Saves

-Goalie Fights( :th_dance: )

-Upped Presentation featuring NHL Gamecenter Visual Action Tracker

-Release Date: September 13, 2011

wonder what their huge announcement is

wonder what their huge announcement is

My guess is cover athlete, please, anyone but the Sedins or Kesler. Regardless though, my cover will probably feature Eberle.

Edited by Rekkin74

My guess is cover athlete, please, anyone but the Sedins or Kesler. Regardless though, my cover will probably feature Eberle.

Where do you get custom covers?

I wait for someone to make a template, then I make my own.

Oh. So you just print it out then? Thought you were trying to say you could order the game witha custom cover. Theyvshould put Richards from Philly on it. Hall and Ebs will get their turn, don't you worry ;)

Oh. So you just print it out then? Thought you were trying to say you could order the game witha custom cover. Theyvshould put Richards from Philly on it. Hall and Ebs will get their turn, don't you worry ;)

Oh, yeah I just make them on photoshop and print them out. If there's a Canuck on the cover, then for me Ebs year will be this year. :lol:

EDIT: Examples of my last two covers:

nhl11360modano.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nhl11ps3hall.th.jpg]

Edited by Rekkin74

Oh, yeah I just make them on photoshop and print them out. If there's a Canuck on the cover, then for me Ebs year will be this year. :lol:

Better not a friggin' casuck on the effin cover. Ea is better than that! 2k can go right ahead and use the Vancouver team phot if they want though.

Better not a friggin' casuck on the effin cover. Ea is better than that! 2k can go right ahead and use the Vancouver team phot if they want though.

I dealt with a Flame in '09, I'm not dealing with a Canuck on '11. I've heard in the past that they don't want to put a Canuck on because they don't want to be accused of favoritism(EAs NHL team being based in Burnaby BC) or whatever, but I don't know how true that is.

Kind of insignificant, but I hope they finally have a good intro again, a la NHL 99, loved the intro in that one.

Loved NHL 99, to this day probably my favorite NHL game.

Edited by Rekkin74

Some more NHL 12 Screens including the GameCenter Visual Action Tracker and some changes to the Be-A-Pro's in game coaches feedback system.

NHL 12 Screens

On GameCenter tracker:

New to NHL 12 is the Action Tracker. During gameplay the Action Tracker will keep track of everything that occurs on the ice. From what area of the net you shooting at most, to where on the ice is your face-off percentage highest – no detail is overlooked. The Action Tracker also automatically saves these events through instant replay, allowing you to go back watch the event anytime during the game.

On Be A Pro changes:

In Be a Pro Revamped, you will have to earn your ice time. You will start off with limited ice time, working your way up the bench until you earn your coaches trust to be put in game changing situations. Start by completing simple tasks such as blocking a shot, or winning a faceoff and your coach will start relying on you more. You will also be able to simulate to your next shift, which makes the experience more seamless and engaging.

On the Gamecenter VAT I noticed the 'Sim Speed' option, I wonder if that is the new Simulate Game screen, kind of gives an NHL EHM feel IMO, which to me is a good thing

Edited by Rekkin74