SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
OILERS MESSAGE BOARD

Photo
- - - - -

Cameron Critchlow invited to Oilers development camp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 SuperDave17

SuperDave17

1st Line Center

• Chat Mod
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

Check these out:

http://thechronicleh...evelopment-camp

http://thehockeywrit...eron-critchlow/

Are Tambi and Stu seeing something here? My concern here is he has all the proportions of another smurf.

#2 oillio

oillio

Palindrome

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,642 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

interesting...
nice find
x84fl.jpg

#3 MessierII

MessierII

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Seems like a character guy with some offensive punch. Looks like he has a flare for the dramatic too with his clutch goals. Could be a good third liner in a few years. Interesting pickup.

#4 daffy_duck

daffy_duck

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

If we sign him it's mostly to add depth to the farm but he's got enough drive to maybe push for an NHL spot one day.

Edited by daffy_duck, 22 May 2012 - 10:24 PM.

#5 Posthugger

Posthugger

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Check these out:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/98824-edmonton-invites-critchlow-to-development-camp

http://thehockeywriters.com/the-next-undrafted-gem-cameron-critchlow/

Are Tambi and Stu seeing something here? My concern here is he has all the proportions of another smurf.

We all agree the Oilers line up could use size however this kid sounds like a hard worker with stand up leadership skills.... look at richards,brown..... there are average sized players who can play this game well....I think these type of players are exactly the type we need along with some bigger bodies. sometimes big doesnt bring heart,grit and game....JFJ,Pouliot.

#6 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Starting Goaltender

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:24 AM

I guess this is a no lose move but this guy would have to be lights out to get a contract. The Oilers are going to be pressed at the 50 contract limit soon this off season.

#7 daffy_duck

daffy_duck

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

I guess this is a no lose move but this guy would have to be lights out to get a contract. The Oilers are going to be pressed at the 50 contract limit soon this off season.

We have a handful of UFA and RFA contracts that we could trade or let walk though:
Barker
Omark
Chorney
Peckham
Plante

We don't have to dump all of those but losing a few gives us room. Critchlow will likely replace someone in the minors so that could be one less contract there. Marincin could likely just kick out either Plante or Chorney right away.

#8 JordanGalhanth

JordanGalhanth

1st Line Center

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Out of all those FA's, I imagine that only Peckham and Omark will be back...and that in itself is a longshot.

Edited by JordanGalhanth, 25 May 2012 - 04:57 PM.

"What are we battling for the in Battle of Alberta? The right to make accusations of tanking..."

#9 OldManFan

OldManFan

3rd Line Agitator

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Out of all those FA's, I imagine that only Peckham and Omark will be back...and that in itself is a longshot.

I think Barker will return,thats all out of the group,Peckham is NHL ready now ,just a victim of a rush of incomeing d-man talent.Omark has the skills,but again a victim of a logjam,Barker though is to much to give up on,I hope this is his year,because with a new coach comeing in we will surely see some fast changes.free agency sure is tough to deal with ,you just have to hope you have tried your best to fit guys in.

#10 daffy_duck

daffy_duck

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

I think Barker will return,thats all out of the group,Peckham is NHL ready now ,just a victim of a rush of incomeing d-man talent.Omark has the skills,but again a victim of a logjam,Barker though is to much to give up on,I hope this is his year,because with a new coach comeing in we will surely see some fast changes.free agency sure is tough to deal with ,you just have to hope you have tried your best to fit guys in.

I can see giving Barker another chance but me personally, I would keep Peckham over Barker. Peckham is younger than Barker and he hits more and blocks more shots. Peckham seems suited to his role as a gritty third pairing guy. He just has to clean up his game like Petry did. Barker seems like a top pairing style of player but isn't consistent enough to crack the top 4. I would rather we just polish Peckham's game and have him fill Sutton's role eventually than go for a homerun with Barker. I do want a young Dman with top pairing potential on he the D this year, but a newer fresher option.