The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OilerPensfan97

GDT Oilers vs. Sharks

Will the Oilers mail it in?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Oilers mail it in?

• Yes
    • No

I actually do not think effort is necessarily the Oilers biggest problem most games, but you need the grit and size to do the heavy lifting at times to open the ice for the finesse guys to be successful and the problem is the Oilers do not have grit or size to complement their finesse.

Men against boys is probably the most accurate description.

I said yes. The way they played against the Flames, I could see them getting smoked.

BTW, the first part of the GDT was my own spin of the Penguins "it's a great day for hockey" slogan.

These players can't afford to mail it in if they want to be employed in the NHL next season .

Watch the Oilers beat the sharks tonight . Scrivens will be amazing .

The Sharks have a real tendency to not show up for non playoff teams.

The Sharks fought like heck to overtake the Quacks only to go on a 2 game losing streak.

As a Sharks fan this game has me really nervous.

Who gave the GDT a 1 star rating :mad:?

too many?

I voted no. they won't mail it in, but they will get smoked, hard, anyway.

even if another insane goaltending performance makes the score close, all the play will be on the Oilers' side of the red line.

The Sharks fought like heck to overtake the Quacks only to go on a 2 game losing streak.

They also have a tendency to not show up against playoff teams in the playoffs.

Sorry couldn't resist.

you haven't seen much of Edmonton's play in the last 6 or so years, have you? Really there is no need to be nervous ;)

We'll show up, but with the Sharks mad from yesterday, and with the 59 save SO fresh, they take this one.

Hard to say. Following the losses to Buffalo and Calgary, we could feel "inspired".

Or whine like ninnies while laying faeces on the ice in our own zone. You know, the "norm".

I'd like to think pride will take over and we'll bounce back. More likely though, we get smoked like a Smithfield ham. 

I think they put in a good effort after the last game.  But as has been said earlier, boys vs men.  Still hoping to see a bounce back performance from the gang.

I could not even give my seats for tonight's game away for free, let alone sell it.. so my seats are going empty tonight . How sad is that :(

@hillcat: pride didn't take over in the Flames game to get more than one goal, so why should it tonight

I know I shouldn't care so much, but I do. Add to that this "wonderful" spring we're having, and I'm feeling quite down truth be told

It's one hour before gametime and exactly two members reading this topic right now, and that includes me..  :th_shock:

I could not even give my seats for tonight's game away for free, let alone sell it.. so my seats are going empty tonight . How sad is that :(

@hillcat: pride didn't take over in the Flames game to get more than one goal, so why should it tonight

I know I shouldn't care so much, but I do. Add to that this "wonderful" spring we're having, and I'm feeling quite down truth be told

It's one hour before gametime and exactly two members reading this topic right now, and that includes me..  :th_shock:

If they lose everyone in there dogs will show up to wine. If they win it will be the people that use the forms often showing up. I"m here cause I'm a fan, I'll never change teams. GO Oilers GO

6-0 oilers we as fan need to believe in them cause if we can't think how hard it has to be for them to.

Going with Hall first goal.

Oilers are gonna get tooled tonight, and I'm still gonna watch it. The most entertaining thing about this evening will be listening to the callers vent on the post game show. :)

@NextYearForOilers: bla bla.

Are you a PAYING fan? As in been a season seat holder for 10 years? I'm gonna guess not

Easy to "not whine"then

Pft

Why aren't they indicating who scored in the games in progress on nhl.com??

@NextYearForOilers: bla bla.

Are you a PAYING fan? As in been a season seat holder for 10 years? I'm gonna guess not

Easy to "not whine"then

Pft

I wasn't try to come off attacking you buddy. No sorry I'm not 10 years seat holder but I do go to games when I can. I mean if I offended you then I guess I hit a swore spot.

Ugh! I'm pissed off at nhl.com right now :mad:! I'm having the same issue! I have to go to Espn to look at scores.