• Announcements

• Admin9

Real Time Chat Room   04/19/2017

As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th.   After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
      Thanks A9
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ConnorFutureGM

Expansion: Oilers Protected List

214 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2017 at 9:36 AM, oilerfan2011 said:

Now that Anton is outta here, is JJ the main target for LV to pickup. I'm not certain LV will pluck a defensemen off us I think their strategy will be to build the best possible NHL defense first along with goaltending. 

Who is JJ?

How does this look protected - thoughts?

Forwards - Lucic, Maroon, Eberle, Hopkins, Kassian, Pitlick, Slepyshev

Defense - Larsson, Klefbom, Nurse

Goal - Talbot

1 / 2 year not available - Caggs, McDavid, Draisatl, Kharia, Benning, Broissant

Might lose Sekera or Pak

58 minutes ago, pillotte said:

Goal - Talbot

Might lose Sekera or Pak

Nurse is exempt, brossoit is not, and Sekera has a nmc so he has to be on the list.

3 hours ago, RenJob said:

Nurse is exempt, brossoit is not, and Sekera has a nmc so he has to be on the list.

Yep - tells ya what fans know (no offense there Pillotte). Don't worry about it (Pillotte) you have no say anyway we'll protect who we need to protect and Vegas will take someone. 

5 hours ago, pillotte said:

Goal - Talbot

Might lose Sekera or Pak

Sekera has a no move and has to be protected. Nurse is exempt. Pitlick is a pending UFA and doesn't need to be protected. 

8 hours ago, MessierII said:

Sekera has a no move and has to be protected. Nurse is exempt. Pitlick is a pending UFA and doesn't need to be protected. 

Also I believe we need to protect Drai. Hes a 3rd year player technically. Thank MacT for that.

18 hours ago, Sunder said:

Who is JJ?

Jujhar Khaira .

11 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

Yep - tells ya what fans know (no offense there Pillotte). Don't worry about it (Pillotte) you have no say anyway we'll protect who we need to protect and Vegas will take someone. 

Hi no offense taken. Listening to the post game last night they were talking about the defense and the protected list. They said we would only possibly lose Russell on D as Nurse is exempt (Thank goodness). 

14 hours ago, MessierII said:

Pitlick is a pending UFA and doesn't need to be protected. 

Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean Vegas can't take him because he is a UFA that is not correct. He doesn't have to sign with them but he can be taken because his contract doesn't expire until after the draft..

4 hours ago, pillotte said:

Hi no offense taken. Listening to the post game last night they were talking about the defense and the protected list. They said we would only possibly lose Russell on D as Nurse is exempt (Thank goodness). 

Can't even lose Rusell, as he's on a one year deal as well so is a UFA. Though techincally you're right - as Vegas can talk to him before anyone else so potentially they could sign him, Pitlick, and still take a player off our unprotected list. One thing I'll bet on though - Letestu will be protected. Davidson was traded because we knew that chances were very high that we'd lose him for nothing. I'm still hoping that Pouliot has a strong playoff and they take him off our hands. Reinhart may be a possibility too as I believe he is not exempt and we won't protect him. 

22 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

Can't even lose Rusell, as he's on a one year deal as well so is a UFA. Though techincally you're right - as Vegas can talk to him before anyone else so potentially they could sign him, Pitlick, and still take a player off our unprotected list. One thing I'll bet on though - Letestu will be protected. Davidson was traded because we knew that chances were very high that we'd lose him for nothing. I'm still hoping that Pouliot has a strong playoff and they take him off our hands. Reinhart may be a possibility too as I believe he is not exempt and we won't protect him. 

Yay if that's the case with both Russell and Gryba we may not lose any D. Didn't realise that Draisitl was a 3rd year so have to replace Slepychev with Draisitl. And maybe Pitlick with Letestu as Pitlick is a UFA too.

On 31/03/2017 at 2:44 PM, IGibb said:

Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean Vegas can't take him because he is a UFA that is not correct. He doesn't have to sign with them but he can be taken because his contract doesn't expire until after the draft..

Sure but if your Vegas why would you draft a fringe nhler in hopes he might sign with you. I don't protect any pending UFA's nobodies going to sign with Vegas over their established teams. Vegas also won't waste a pick on a player they dont have control over.

On 31/03/2017 at 8:43 AM, Hemer83_2.0 said:

Also I believe we need to protect Drai. Hes a 3rd year player technically. Thank MacT for that.

That is correct

Heard some hockey analysts chatter about the expansion draft.  Here's the gist of what was said:

Vegas picks 30 players from the teams' lists.  Theory is that they will pick a few goalies as they are expected to be good trading pieces going into next season.  There are a number of good back-up goalies out there, and a number of teams expected to be looking for goalies (think Calgary, Dallas, etc).  So it kind of makes sense.

Looking forward to seeing the draft played out - could be some real drama!