The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
oillio

2015 rookie camp and tournament

I'd hope the first time cassels harasses/shadows/tikkenens McDavid, nurse assaults him with a punch to to the face. Shows Connor that he now has team mates that will stand up for him and back him up no matter what.

I'd hope the first time cassels harasses/shadows/tikkenens McDavid, nurse assaults him with a punch to to the face. Shows Connor that he now has team mates that will stand up for him and back him up no matter what.

Nurse has that fire in his eye, that mean streak.  I have no doubt whatsoever that he will have no problem with laying somebody out if they mess with any of his team mates.

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

:th_hockey20player:

Oilers Announce Roster for 2015 Rookie Camp and Young Stars Classic

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=778358&navid=DL|EDM|home

These are the players I will be watching and keeping an eye on ....

Connor McDavid (F)

Ethan Bear (D)

Darnell Nurse (D)

Anton Slepyshev (F)

Ben Betker (D)

Leon Draisaitl (F)

Mitch Moroz (F)

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

Well the young guns should be lacing up and practising together today I reckon. Hope to see some footage and line combos and rosters by the end of the day.

For those going, pls pls pls keep us posted, ie) which players stand out to you (our team and opponents)?, who doesn't stand out, how's the popcorn? etc...

And enjoy the show!

image.png

Connor McDavid (F)

Ethan Bear (D)

Darnell Nurse (D)

Anton Slepyshev (F)

Ben Betker (D)

Leon Draisaitl (F)

Mitch Moroz (F)

I hope Moroz shows out and gets the call to play with hall and McDavid.

I went over enemy lines and glanced at a particular flames forum. I wanted to see their lineup for rookie camp.

Wow. A lot of anger/jealousy/frustration over there. A lot of McD haters of course lol and some pretty funny posts. They talk of him more so then their own team haha. Their team has some decent prospects indeed. Let the games begin.

I love it. The McD factor alone will certainly heat up the BoA this yr.

Now I have to go take a bath. I feel dirty.

image.png

I went over enemy lines and glanced at a particular flames forum. I wanted to see their lineup for rookie camp.

Wow. A lot of anger/jealousy/frustration over there. A lot of McD haters of course lol and some pretty funny posts. They talk of him more so then their own team haha. Their team has some decent prospects indeed. Let the games begin.

I love it. The McD factor alone will certainly heat up the BoA this yr.

Now I have to go take a bath. I feel dirty.

lol...You probably are!    :D

It must eat at them eh? Always playing second fiddle to Edmunchuk in almost... everything!  

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

Eating away indeed. The overall focus and consensus seems to be that we Oil fans overate McD, they believe he is good but expect around 60-70 pts tops, if we don't ruin him like we have so many others (and there are points to be made here admittedly). I'll leave it at that and save my thoughts for more related flames threads.

One thing...What I did notice though, they seem to be forgetting or ignoring our other offseason moves. Ie), complete revamp of management (Team needed this more than McD!!), Trades/prospects/acquisitions etc. All focus is on McD.

image.png

Hope so. I read they had to do a lottery for the seats as there was way too many people wanting seats than they could sit

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

Okay...Can I get an accurate response please.....

Is todays rookie game on SHAW? or Live Streaming? I have SHAW Direct but no computer at home.

Thx

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

Okay...Can I get an accurate response please.....

Is todays rookie game on SHAW? or Live Streaming? I have SHAW Direct but no computer at home.

Thx

Only streaming, as far as I can tell. I checked my Shaw Cable guide this morning, and nothing on the Shaw channel or any other channel.

Edmontonoilers.com is streaming it!!!

Can't wait to see our McD. We all should be pumped and don't let anyone fool you, this kid is as good as it gets. He's already skated with NHL players they know how to judge and he has left everyone of same opinion we got. He is SUPERSTAR.

Haters who cares. They only mad cuz he's good, it's what ppl do.

McJesus time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 97 Connor McDavid. Lets GOilers

# 5 Drew Willy.           Go BOMBERS Go 

# 27 Mike Trout.         Lets Go Angels

# 12 Aaron Rodgers.    GO PACKERS GO

Connor McDavid (F)

Ethan Bear (D)

Darnell Nurse (D)

Anton Slepyshev (F)

Ben Betker (D)

Leon Draisaitl (F)

Mitch Moroz (F)

Game 1 at 10:30 AT, Game 2 at 10:30 AT, and Game 3 at 2:30 AT (weekday). Horrible times! Probably going to miss most of this since I can't PVR it.

oilpensfansig_zps7f1dc0d5.jpeg

Huge thank you to 94oildrops for the sig!

According to an article over at NHL site, McD is expected to play all three Penticton games.

I intend to watch them all, on my new smart tv, listening with my new sound bar, while relaxing on my new sectional couch. HeHeHe.

Time to sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

Edit: Just watched pregame interview with McD. Man the media is brutal. Stupid questions. It's like they've ran out of things to ask him. Ridiculous.

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

According to an article over at NHL site, McD is expected to play all three Penticton games.

I intend to watch them all, on my new smart tv, listening with my new sound bar, while relaxing on my new sectional couch. HeHeHe.

I wish I had similar stuff...me I have to get up to turn the channel. Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

I wish I had similar stuff...me I have to get up to turn the channel.

Just sit like a foot away(:

image.png

Edit: Just watched pregame interview with McD. Man the media is brutal. Stupid questions. It's like they've ran out of things to ask him. Ridiculous.

I read McDavid is playing 2 out of 3 games. Winnipeg is said to be the best team so maybe McDavid sits against Calgary

I know this is just a rookie tournament but Draisaitl vs Bennet round one has to go to Draisaitl. That no look back hand tape to tape pass was something special.

Yes LD had a great game. Love watching him play, he kinda moves in slow motion sometimes. Draws guys to him and then works his magically backhand and finds the open man, and finds his tape!

Jets next, look forward to it.

Edit: why no McD? (Forgive my ignorance, I've been away all day and the OMB was first place I came). It seems everyone is ghost busting rather then discuss our current team happenings?

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

Yes LD had a great game. Love watching him play, he kinda moves in slow motion sometimes. Draws guys to him and then works his magically backhand and finds the open man, and finds his tape!

Jets next, look forward to it.

Edit: why no McD? (Forgive my ignorance, I've been away all day and the OMB was first place I came). It seems everyone is ghost busting rather then discuss our current team happenings?

From what I understand, the coaches only had 2 games in mind for McD so I think this was all planned from before the tourney

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

McDavid headed back to Edmonton to take part in the UofA / Oilers game tonight. Seems they're trying to cover all the bases with him. Can't wait for the season to start....enough sideshows!

The Future Ain't What It Used To Be