The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
limberoni

Penticton Tournament streamed or televised?

It better be!.... :lol:

If not, couldn't someone take this on as a business venture, to televise it?   I'm sure there would be demand.... Maybe we can all invest and buy shares?     :th_shrug:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

If not, couldn't someone take this on as a business venture, to televise it?   I'm sure there would be demand.... Maybe we can all invest and buy shares?     :th_shrug:

If anything, it would be shown on the Shaw channel. The same channel they show some CHL games.

If anything, it would be shown on the Shaw channel. The same channel they show some CHL games.

Except that the Shaw Channel doesn't have nhl rights, so they probably can't. If any, it'd be Sportsnet who actually has the rights.

oilpensfansig_zps7f1dc0d5.jpeg

Huge thank you to 94oildrops for the sig!

It's on Edmonton oilers.com

# 97 Connor McDavid. Lets GOilers

# 5 Drew Willy.           Go BOMBERS Go 

# 27 Mike Trout.         Lets Go Angels

# 12 Aaron Rodgers.    GO PACKERS GO

If not, couldn't someone take this on as a business venture, to televise it? I'm sure there would be demand.... Maybe we can all invest and buy shares? :th_shrug:

Except that the Shaw Channel doesn't have nhl rights, so they probably can't. If any, it'd be Sportsnet who actually has the rights.
So if Sportsnet has no interest in exercising their rights and broadcast the game, wouldnt they be forfeiting their "rights" then? Therefore other tv establishments can jump in there and capitalize on the potential profits?. Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

If not, couldn't someone take this on as a business venture, to televise it? I'm sure there would be demand.... Maybe we can all invest and buy shares? :th_shrug:

So if Sportsnet has no interest in exercising their rights and broadcast the game, wouldnt they be forfeiting their "rights" then? Therefore other tv establishments can jump in there and capitalize on the potential profits?.

No, because they are simply choosing not to air it. They still have the rights to the nhl, so they have the ability to air the game.

Rogers has control over the tv rights, so no one else can get the rights unless Rogers allows them to.

oilpensfansig_zps7f1dc0d5.jpeg

Huge thank you to 94oildrops for the sig!

Im starting to panic here, trying to make sure I can watch the game. ...I dont know much about apps, so how do I go about getting the "mobile app" which one seems to need?   Thx.

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

Really? You serious?  SWEEEET!!!    Looks like I have to wrestle my 13 yr old daughter's tablet away from her this evening!     :D    Thx! 

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

img-168569-m.jpg

Read Chase had a solid game with four points - Moroz (McDavids other linemate) zero points and should have fought Virtannen (Matty's opinion) and didn't. I read that if Moroz wants to be an Oiler - he better well do something. 

Read Chase had a solid game with four points - Moroz (McDavids other linemate) zero points and should have fought Virtannen (Matty's opinion) and didn't. I read that if Moroz wants to be an Oiler - he better well do something.

What u read was wrong. Both Moroz and Chase had an assist each. They both had decent games imo. Moroz did go after Virtanen a couple times and wanted to fight. Virtanen hid behind the linesmen/ref.

• Like 2

image.png

Great game from start to finish. Entertaining wow.

McD - "It was alright, I obviously could have played better personally.....". As he quietly gets first star of game.

Haha so modest, i saw one bad pass. Other then that he was excellent. Wins draws, takes/gives hits just fine, unreal control of puck and wow that speed. Easily could have had a 5 pt night.

LD - Looked good out there. Confident. Very impressive passing. Still looks a bit slow to me but looked like a man amongst boys at times.

Nurse - Solid. He's gonna make mistakes. But he's gonna make up for all of them and then some. Fun to watch.

Others I thought had good games (the whole team pretty much did) - Eetu looked good in net, comfortable. Rankin, Chase, Laleggia stood out to me. Betker looked massive. Sleppy, Winquist looked pretty good.

What a solid team effort. Betker lead the Oil with 4 shots while EVERY other Oiler had between 1-3. 35 shots total. Both our goalies played well, giving the edge to Eetu.

Knuckleheads- I see they are breeding a new batch of goons (ie: Virtanen, Stewart). Virtanen (7) and Shinkaruk (5) led the way with combined 12 of 32 shots for Van. Virtanen is a player to watch for sure. Gritty, offensive. Easily stood out the most for me on Van. Gaunce had an excellent game as well, as did Subban.

In the end I felt the Oil controlled the game pretty much start to finish and there never really was a threat. Our players came together quickly and took care of business. I almost felt sorry for Van's goalie Witt at the end. Almost. Outstanding Oil effort. Maybe we should just ice this team? Kidding.

Up next: Time to douse some flames(:

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

The game was well executed by the Oilers .

Nothing explosive with the exception of Virtanen and Rankin, one was running everyone everywhere and the other one was getting run by everyone everywhere.

Rankin doesnt back down , goes to the dirty spots .The Oilers starting Goalie looked good.

The Oilers did collectively defend McDavid in a Team way, the Veteran presence paid off.

With a 3 goal lead why no BOOMING  NHL level bodychecks on all the Nucks instead of just fencing out Virtanen , giving him more impact than he deseved credit for.

Draisaitl looks NHL heavy and ready , so does Slepyshev.

The Flames are next ....more cannon fodder .....nice.

and Nurse.

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

The game was well executed by the Oilers .

Nothing explosive with the exception of Virtanen and Rankin, one was running everyone everywhere and the other one was getting run by everyone everywhere.

Rankin doesnt back down , goes to the dirty spots .The Oilers starting Goalie looked good.

The Oilers did collectively defend McDavid in a Team way, the Veteran presence paid off.

With a 3 goal lead why no BOOMING  NHL level bodychecks on all the Nucks instead of just fencing out Virtanen , giving him more impact than he deseved credit for.

Draisaitl looks NHL heavy and ready , so does Slepyshev.

The Flames are next ....more cannon fodder .....nice.

good post

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

Know what was nice about that? Looked to me Like Nurse was trying to give him an out but Andersson didn't take it - in fact Andersson looked to be the aggressor (though don't know what happened leading up to that) but absolutely love seeing an Oiler lay a (clean) beat down on a Flame. I just wish I could've seen Burkie's reaction ;)

Know what was nice about that? Looked to me Like Nurse was trying to give him an out but Andersson didn't take it - in fact Andersson looked to be the aggressor (though don't know what happened leading up to that) but absolutely love seeing an Oiler lay a (clean) beat down on a Flame. I just wish I could've seen Burkie's reaction ;)

The Oilers should adopt Twisted Sisters "We're not gonna take it anymore" song....Play it during face punching and beatings.....

img-168569-m.jpg