• Announcements

• Admin9

Real Time Chat Room   04/19/2017

As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th.   After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
      Thanks A9
MessierII

Caleb Jones and Ethan Bear

35 posts in this topic

These guys are both having dynamite seasons in the WHL this year. Looking like gem picks that's for sure. Hopefully they both continue this trajectory.

They both look like they can make a push for the big leagues sometime in the next 5-7 years.

..ooops...☺

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

They both look like they can make a push for the big leagues sometime in the next 5-7 years.

My bet is 2-3 years.

I want Ethan Bear on the Oiler's roster just because of that last name!  :D It would also be far sweeter if he turns out to be a great player. We need more good defense men. 

Jones signed today. 3 years

How come Jones gets a contract and Bear hasn't? ...Bear even seems like the better prospect, better stats too!?....

How come Jones gets a contract and Bear hasn't? ...Bear even seems like the better prospect, better stats too!?....

They're close. Bear scores more on the pp and is a right shot but Jones 5 on 5 numbers are very good which usually translates to pro better. Jones was also drafted out of the USHL so he can be sent to the AHL instead of junior before he turns 20 if the team wants.

Maybe we should trade Bear to the Flyers so they can pair him with Ghost?

Ghost-Bear

Ethan bear +10, 9 points in 9 games of the playoffs. PC is probably extremely happy to have this guy in our system. Only a couple years away from being a potential top 4 D, and if his junior experience translates to success in the NHL, looks like we have our PP quarterback.

Holy smokes is Ethan Bear lighting it up in the playoffs. 15 points in 13 games. Anybody know how long it would be before he is NHL ready.

Holy smokes is Ethan Bear lighting it up in the playoffs. 15 points in 13 games. Anybody know how long it would be before he is NHL ready.

Not till at least another year I imagine. I'd be fine with that because I would hate to see him wasted like so many other players we've drafted.

Bear scores 2 in this pack. His release looks wicked, and he's very good at getting the shots through.

The commentary will make you appreciate Jack Michaels.

I'm not sure how they got Dr Dre to do their interlude music, but it would upgrade our highlite packs...if we ever have any

http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/article/t-birds-win-western-conference-championship

Yes he does look very good!! I hope he can make the transition seamlessly to the pro level!

Caleb Jones looking good!  Was a beast against Canada

Agreed, JT.  Playing Russia today, he showed a lot of poise and confidence, along with good sense out there.  Looking forward to seeing him continue that development.

Bear putting up great numbers this season in Seattle. Looks like he's played almost every game so his health is good. All good news!

Caleb Jones is almost a ppg player too. Has missed a few games, so hopefully nothing serious.

Long way to go for both these young guys, but looking good so far. Exciting stuff!