• Announcements

    • Admin9

      Real Time Chat Room   04/19/2017

      As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th.   After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
      Thanks A9
MessierII

Caleb Jones and Ethan Bear

35 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

Bear: 2G 2A +3

Jones: 1G 1A -1

Good games for both, but yeah Bear seemed to be a monster. I'm gonna watch the highlights when I'm not drunk lol.

Well, from those highlights we can see that both of them can really shoot it. That Jones goal was a master blaster, and Bear's first one was a snipe

Bear has 61 points in 57 games. I want to see if that can continue at the Bakersfield level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

Well, from those highlights we can see that both of them can really shoot it. That Jones goal was a master blaster, and Bear's first one was a snipe

Bear has 61 points in 57 games. I want to see if that can continue at the Bakersfield level.

I'm of course expecting a drop in Bear's production when he goes pro. He's producing at a 1.07ppg right now, I think he'll drop to 0.7-0.8 in BAK, and then down to 0.4-0.5 in the NHL. That would put his totals at 53-61 points in BAK and 33-41 in the NHL.

Edited by BL4NKF4CE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I'm of course expecting a drop in Bear's production when he goes pro. He's producing at a 1.07ppg right now, I think he'll drop to 0.7-0.8 in BAK, and then down to 0.4-0.5 in the NHL. That would put his totals at 53-61 points in BAK and 33-41 in the NHL.

Oh yeah, didn't mean that I hoped he'd be better than ppg at the next level. Can't really even expect your numbers. Too hard to generalize how guys that young will develop. 

They both look like a couple of keepers for now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is going to be hard for him to make the lineup now that our D is much deeper (oh gosh, it's finally valid to say that?) Maybe we trade someone if he shows solid promise once he's NHL ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 97oildrops said:

It is going to be hard for him to make the lineup now that our D is much deeper (oh gosh, it's finally valid to say that?) Maybe we trade someone if he shows solid promise once he's NHL ready.

Russell won't be here when Bear is ready. Bear will most likely take the 3RD spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These two really make the future look good.  Nice to have something in the cupboards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's Markus Niemelainen too. Filip Berglund has been doing well in Sweden too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bear and Jones are absolute keepers at this time, never know how they turn out but you don't trade away those guys.

 

Laggeson and Cairns decent aswell, between the current group we should get atleast 1-2 NHL players when we need cheap options down the road, just need a few more forwards like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ethan Bear named CHL player of the week. 7 points in 2 playoff games.

ace ventura pet detective gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Bear & Jones are naturals as a pair . So are Paigin & Mantha . Come to think of it so might Lagesson & Berglund . Is this by design ? Very interesting .

Edited by billpayor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.