The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
bronco73

Oilers Trade Deadline Talk

He's a big dude but I heard he was slow

Maroon a big player who can skate. Spent time with Getzlaf and Perry, though not real productive can play with skill. St. Louis raised.

Last year Maroon had 34 points. Only Eberle, Hall, RNH had more in Edm. Maroon played half time EV with Getzlaf. http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=1547&withagainst=true&season=2014-15&sit=5v5 

Edited by LovingdaOil

Big bodied banger who can win puck battles, goes to the front of the net, plays hard, isn't afraid to mix it up, plays 10-15 minutes a night and good for 30-40+ points a year. I like it. Don't love it, but we'll see how he does. 3 more years x $2m per. Hopefully it works out.

Edited by EternalFrost

Big bodied banger who can win puck battles, goes to the front of the net, plays hard, isn't afraid to mix it up, plays 10-15 minutes a night and good for 30-40+ points a year. I like it.

If he plays with McDavid and Ebs then I'm sure we will be hearing from Larionov...again

Big bodied banger who can win puck battles, goes to the front of the net, plays hard, isn't afraid to mix it up, plays 10-15 minutes a night and good for 30-40+ points a year. I like it.

If he plays with McDavid and Ebs then I'm sure we will be hearing from Larionov...again

He'll be a 4th liner who gets PP time to stand in front of the net. 3 goals on the PP this year, 7 points on the PP last year, 4 points the year before that. He'd have been 6th in PP scoring in Edmonton last year and tied for 3rd in PPG with Taylor Hall & Draisaitl this season.

Maroon is the type of player who considers the Ozone as his...he leaves when he feels like it and not before. He's the first face an opponent sees when they try leaning on our players. And he skates well enough to play hockey in this league. Same skills and style as Kassian- a good addition.

PC mentioned that some players will be sent down to the Condors for their playoff run. Nurse and Kaira already sent down..more to follow. Also, Pouliot expected to go onLTIR.

To complete that Edm-Ana deal: Patrick Maroon to the Oilers for prospect Martin Gernat and a fourth-round pick in 2016

PC mentioned that some players will be sent down to the Condors for their playoff run. Nurse and Kaira already sent down..more to follow. Also, Pouliot expected to go onLTIR.

The #Oilers have recalled forward Luke Gazdic & defenceman Nikita Nikitin from the AHL's Bakersfield @Condors.

Maroon is the type of player who considers the Ozone as his...he leaves when he feels like it and not before. He's the first face an opponent sees when they try leaning on our players. And he skates well enough to play hockey in this league. Same skills and style as Kassian- a good addition.

Fantastic addition.

And not at all like a Klown like Kassian.

Nurse or Oesterle?

Is maroon any good?

He's a big !...He can cycle the puck once our snappy little wingers get the puck into the O zone!.....Also, I hear he can face punch people!

Edited by bronco73
watch your language. LAST warning.

Maroon was a player I liked to hate on the Ducks... glad we got him, can't wait to see him more then the times the Ducks play the Oilers.

Edited by LovedaOil

Fantastic addition.

You are out of line. Kassian has done all that has been asked of him. And by all accounts he's been managing his life as well. He is very effective and has been a good Oiler to date.

And you wonder why players don't want to play here. It's because of fans like you.

• Like 2

Ducks fan here,  I think you'll like Maroon.  He's not fleet-a-foot pretty slow, but he can cycle the puck well, wins puck battles, sticks up for team mates, and has decent hands for a big man.  Sorry to see him go, but his skill set is a bit redundant on a deep Anaheim team.

Edited by Fowl
  • Like 1

Crispy...I heard that both Nurse and Oesterle were being being assigned to the Condors. If the rumours are true, Gernat (defence) is leaving the Condors for Anaheim.

Fantastic addition.

You are out of line. Kassian has done all that has been asked of him. And by all accounts he's been managing his life as well. He is very effective and has been a good Oiler to date.

And you wonder why players don't want to play here. It's because of fans like you.

agreed on all counts.  I didn't like Kassian before the Oilers acquired him, but was willing to give him a chance, he has done better then I thought he would. 

Yeah, Kassian is bringing his everything and seems to be honestly to turn his life around. There is no need and no righteousness in being disrespectful to him. The success of scrappy big guys  like Kassian is what we need more of, and that is where guys like Maroon comes in.

Gernat was great for the oil kings but has really plateaued here. Wish him the best, but I don't see an nhl future in him.

Seems like he was just a contract to send back

Edited by RenJob

From what I read and see he seems like a steady 30-point guy that goes to the net and likes to do wraparounds. 

He BECAME a 30-point guy playing with Anaheim's top guy. I'm not saying that Maroon is not able to reach that mark again, as he's only just over the 200-game mark, but let's see him for what he is - a bottom-6 physical player. Expect a bottom-6 physical game from him and let the points be gravy.

Fantastic addition.

+1

Crispy...I heard that both Nurse and Oesterle were being being assigned to the Condors. If the rumours are true, Gernat (defence) is leaving the Condors for Anaheim.

I believe they are being assigned so that they are eligible for the AHL playoffs. Basically a paper transaction.