The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
IvantheBad

Peter Chiarelli

5 hours ago, oilersfaninca said:

But the fact remains we won 3 solid games and scored plenty of goals.  They weren't driving the play as you said, but they had positive energy which every team needs.  Unlike Poo, who does is not a positive energy guy.  The return of Rusell at the same time certainly helped as well.

Who knows, maybe Shelpy does a mean Eddie Murphy impersonation in the locker room and that gets the team loosened up before games?  Chemistry is a funny thing.  TM should know better than to mess with it when it's going good.

Or we played three teams that decided to try and run and gun with us and found out that is not the way to beat the Oilers.  We have shown repeatedly this year that when teams play a trapping type defensive system against us we do not have the ability to score more than 2 goals and we lose more of those than we win.

48 minutes ago, IGibb said:

Or we played three teams that decided to try and run and gun with us and found out that is not the way to beat the Oilers.  We have shown repeatedly this year that when teams play a trapping type defensive system against us we do not have the ability to score more than 2 goals and we lose more of those than we win.

Possibly, but I just don't see how playing "Mr. Energy Drain" would help our chances against the trap teams.

2 hours ago, OilFury said:

So far Monster has played well, and Enroth a guy i wanted instead of him has been waived, well played Chia?

Ha I was going to say the same thing. I was hoping for enroth who was statistically the best goalie available but I guess the stats don't mean everything.

Sha na Naaaaa na

Sha na Naaaa na

Hey Hey....eyyy

let a guy dream .... it's all he has as an Oiler fan.

"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

FYI

On Oilers Now, Burke added more about the Reinhart trade: “The fact is lots of people liked Griffin Reinhart and the push for that trade came from inside the organization, not from Peter Chiarelli. He was hammered to do that trade by people that work for the Oilers.”

On 1/26/2019 at 10:29 AM, Yuke said:

FYI

On Oilers Now, Burke added more about the Reinhart trade: “The fact is lots of people liked Griffin Reinhart and the push for that trade came from inside the organization, not from Peter Chiarelli. He was hammered to do that trade by people that work for the Oilers.”

yup and if you think these ex Oilers and former management only had their hands in this one deal i have a bridge for sale. are people that blind they cannot see the former Management is still here?  First Tambo as GM then PC.... both lame duck GM's. who was beating down the door for these men...WHO? 

Yes Men...Perfect for this former Ex Oiler shadow management.

16 minutes ago, Posthugger said:

yup and if you think these ex Oilers and former management only had their hands in this one deal i have a bridge for sale. are people that blind they cannot see the former Management is still here?  First Tambo as GM then PC.... both lame duck GM's. who was beating down the door for these men...WHO? 

More whining, all you do is whine. Why don’t you add some actual insight as to who the new guy should be 

1 hour ago, Posthugger said:

Hahaha. PC a lame duck. You can post some good stuff but then you add stuff like this and lose all respectable ground you made.

3 hours ago, Posthugger said:

What? Sure some trades were probably a little bit influenced by other people in the organization. What sports  franchise doesn’t have a little bit of that. However make no mistake this half NHL and half AHL team was built by PC. 

22 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

What? Sure some trades were probably a little bit influenced by other people in the organization. What sports  franchise doesn’t have a little bit of that. However make no mistake this half NHL and half AHL team was built by PC. 

And MacTavish before him, and Tambellini before him.

Seems like a tough job

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

3 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

And MacTavish before him, and Tambellini before him.

Seems like a tough job

Are you saying that PC didn’t build this team? 

10 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

He definitely left his mark.

x84fl.jpg

2 hours ago, Yuke said:

Hahaha. PC a lame duck. You can post some good stuff but then you add stuff like this and lose all respectable ground you made.

What is a lame duck....Burke stated the Reinhart deal was in house and not PC. I would call that lame duck.

Many of us here heard it was Bob green and Mac T who orchestrated the deal and we were all called conspiracy theorists.....pot kettle Black.

This was one of the first deals how many other moves were influenced in light of this breaking news?

How many teams were lined up for PC services.... just the Oilers....oh 

17 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

I'm saying that 3 guys have built 12 teams. 11 of them didn't work.

7 minutes ago, oillio said:

Whoa!! Hey man

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

12 minutes ago, oillio said:

is this really you?????

GdFx.gif

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

11 hours ago, Posthugger said:

What is a lame duck....Burke stated the Reinhart deal was in house and not PC. I would call that lame duck.

Many of us here heard it was Bob green and Mac T who orchestrated the deal and we were all called conspiracy theorists.....pot kettle Black.

This was one of the first deals how many other moves were influenced in light of this breaking news?

How many teams were lined up for PC services.... just the Oilers....oh 

There is speculation that others influenced/pulled the trigger on Reinhart.

There is also speculation that Chia did have full autonomy.

I can tell you over the years I have been given info that infact Chia did have full control.

Did he work with/listen/appease his other co workers?  I'm sure.  Reinhart infact was one of those moments.   He definately was influenced into speeding up the rebuild...but ultimately he had the full ability to say no...and his job was not going to be in any jeopardy of repercussions, especially that early into his tenure.

Just look at the Manning/Petrovic moves.  All those bad trades and contracts after all these years and he was still allowed to do more damage.

The OBC stuff is so over exaggerated imo.  You can see definitive evidence that Chia was the one calling the shots

11 hours ago, johnnyterrible said:

I can tell you over the years I have been given info that infact Chia did have full control.

Did he work with/listen/appease his other co workers?  I'm sure.  Reinhart infact was one of those moments.   He definately was influenced into speeding up the rebuild...but ultimately he had the full ability to say no...and his job was not going to be in any jeopardy of repercussions, especially that early into his tenure.

Just look at the Manning/Petrovic moves.  All those bad trades and contracts after all these years and he was still allowed to do more damage.

The OBC stuff is so over exaggerated imo.  You can see definitive evidence that Chia was the one calling the shots

Well Tambo and PC  are both at fault and fired ......funny the Old Boys Club are still kicking it here.  

On 2/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, johnnyterrible said:

I believe that makes you, Mess and myself as the ones believing the OMB control is over exaggerated.  

For us three to agree at the same time is, well, surprising.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yuke said:

I believe that makes you, Mess and myself as the ones believing the OMB control is over exaggerated.  

Add me to the list

Only one person would be dumb enough to acquire Spooner and Manning and signing Koss and that's PC. It reeks of desperation. Nickelson trying to spread around the blame but not buying it.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Yuke said:

I've never bought into that urban legend either. Obviously they are there to advise but the GM makes the final decisions

14 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

Add me to the list

Only one person would be dumb enough to acquire Spooner and Manning and signing Koss and that's PC. It reeks of desperation. Nickelson trying to spread around the blame but not buying it.

The mess Chiarelli left might make it difficult to get a quality GM to take the job on. We had a golden opportunity to build a team with McDavid as the engine and look what Chia-pet has left us with. I'd love to give him a shot to the head, showing him how impressed I am. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mrtea said:

I've never bought into that urban legend either. Obviously they are there to advise but the GM makes the final decisions

The mess Chiarelli left might make it difficult to get a quality GM to take the job on. We had a golden opportunity to build a team with McDavid as the engine and look what Chia-pet has left us with. I'd love to give him a shot to the head, showing him how impressed I am. 

I dunno I think it leaves a tremendous opportunity for someone to take over. The Oilers are at a low and no where to go but up, so if someone with some moxie were to rebuild this mess they could become heroes in Oil  Country. Probably have a statue erected maybe beside Gretz's (lol)

2 hours ago, mrtea said:

Already outlined on the previous page or two what can be done cap wise.

Get rid of the bottom type NHL players on our squad, we have cap to sign very good players. Whether they come here or not is the question. As outlined, it can be done and we can be a very good team.

10 hours ago, Yuke said:

Do you want us to go fund you a smelly  candle and a cheap bottle of wine?

Just now, Posthugger said:

Do you want us to go fund you a smelly  candle and a cheap bottle of wine?

Child

10 hours ago, Yuke said:

and me ;)