Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
IvantheBad

Peter Chiarelli

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Yuke said:

Child

 

16 hours ago, Posthugger said:

 

Proof!!

 

Edited by bronco73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its flabbergasting that management did not comsider Sekeras eventual return ...Now we have every clown scrambling around trying to find a way!... ..PC shouldve known, he was at the helm!?....BN and whoever is in charge should have known too!.... Now we cant even dump the 💩..stinking up the car ...Cant even open the windows for relief......:ph34r:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky
  • Like 1

                 img-168569-m.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Its flabbergasting that management did not comsider Sekeras eventual return ...Now we have every clown scrambling around trying to find a way!... ..PC shouldve known, he was at the helm!?....BN and whoever is in charge should have known too!.... Now we cant even dump the 💩..stinking up the car ...Cant even open the windows for relief......:ph34r:

If we put Manning or Benning on waivers for the purpose of sending them to the A, doesn’t that create enough room fo call up Sekera? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Messrules11 said:

If we put Manning or Benning on waivers for the purpose of sending them to the A, doesn’t that create enough room fo call up Sekera? 

We only get $1.025 mil of relief, don't think that alone would be enough.


fantyleaguecupbgnocchi_zpsd26307cf.png

 

Credits to UnrefinedCrude for the signature.  Big thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nocchi said:

We only get $1.025 mil of relief, don't think that alone would be enough.

Apparently if JP goes down (no waiver required) they could bring up another prospect to free up the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Its flabbergasting that management did not comsider Sekeras eventual return ...Now we have every clown scrambling around trying to find a way!... ..PC shouldve known, he was at the helm!?....BN and whoever is in charge should have known too!.... Now we cant even dump the 💩..stinking up the car ...Cant even open the windows for relief......:ph34r:

PC didn't care.  He knew he was hanging on by a thread.  I'm sure the top told him that if things don't change like NOW then he was going to be sent down the river.  He was willing to trade anything and everything, and sign or claim any joe schmoe willing to give him the time of day, just to show that he was "active".  

He screwed the team.  He KNEW he was screwing the team.  And it didn't matter one iota to him.

2 hours ago, Messrules11 said:

If we put Manning or Benning on waivers for the purpose of sending them to the A, doesn’t that create enough room fo call up Sekera? 

how old is Manning?   If a player is over 35 I believe, their hit still counts against the teams cap.


brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

PC didn't care.  He knew he was hanging on by a thread.  I'm sure the top told him that if things don't change like NOW then he was going to be sent down the river.  He was willing to trade anything and everything, and sign or claim any joe schmoe willing to give him the time of day, just to show that he was "active".  

He screwed the team.  He KNEW he was screwing the team.  And it didn't matter one iota to him.

how old is Manning?   If a player is over 35 I believe, their hit still counts against the teams cap.

He’s 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nocchi said:

We only get $1.025 mil of relief, don't think that alone would be enough.

According to Cap Friendly we have 4.2m in cap space, surely we can make this work in-house without making a trade 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

According to Cap Friendly we have 4.2m in cap space, surely we can make this work in-house without making a trade 

That 'room' only exists because we aren't using all of Sekera's LTIR space.  That number goes to zero upon his return. 

When he returns we are at $80.72 mil.  Waiving a Benning or Manning gets us to $79.70 mil.  Need an extra $200 grand shed by my calculations.  Which could be wrong, I really don't understand the 'daily' aspects of the cap very well.

Edited by nocchi

fantyleaguecupbgnocchi_zpsd26307cf.png

 

Credits to UnrefinedCrude for the signature.  Big thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, nocchi said:

That 'room' only exists because we aren't using all of Sekera's LTIR space.  That number goes to zero upon his return. 

When he returns we are at $80.72 mil.  Waiving a Benning or Manning gets us to $79.70 mil.  Need an extra $200 grand shed by my calculations.  Which could be wrong, I really don't understand the 'daily' aspects of the cap very well.

Not sure how it works either but if our interim GM has to make a trade for it to work it won’t be good. Should be able to make it work in-house someway 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, nocchi said:

 Need an extra $200 grand shed by my calculations.  Which could be wrong, I really don't understand the 'daily' aspects of the cap very well.

They say the CPI can affect a teams cap position,   needs to be closely watched daily, or risk being heavily fine by you know who.....:ph34r:


                 img-168569-m.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2019 at 11:09 PM, Fogolin2 said:

Whoa!! Hey man

 

On 2/12/2019 at 11:15 PM, bronco73 said:

is this really you?????

GdFx.gif

 

On 2/13/2019 at 11:16 AM, 94oildrops said:

WHERE? IN THE WORLD? HAVE YOU BEEN? :blink:

Group hug! 

  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

x84fl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, oillio said:

 

 

Group hug! 

Dude I totally hope you're here to stay for a while. I'm curious to know what you think of this mess and how you think it can be fixed... 

In relation to the thread topic, I happen to have a friend who played hockey with a certain Oiler a few years back before he was an NHL player. For obvious reasons, I will with hold this player's name. My friend claims that according to this Oilers player and his father, they along with all the Oilers players really don't like this current management group and were quite angry with PC and his blunders... While this isn't exactly surprising, it sure as heck does not help the situation. It makes me think more people need to be removed from their office... PERMINANTLY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Over the last few months since Chiarelli's firing, I have read post after post after post arguing that this team (the team PC built) was playoff worthy.  Lots of confidence from many posters that a "run" was not only possible, but imminent.  That the team was only unduly hard hit by a single meaningful injury to Klefbom, and surprised by a late off season injury to Sekera .... the ONLY two factors keeping this squad from reaching its goal of making the playoffs.

I have also read post after post after post venomously attacking Chiarelli for destroying the Oilers.  Blaming him for everything.

What is it?  Did he adequately BUILD a playoff team that was unlucky to lose a couple players to injury  OR Did he FAIL as a GM and deserve to be fired mid season (a fate usually reserved for the worst of the worst GMs) for creating a lottery cellar dweller?

It can't be both ... only one OR the other.


"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DeutchOil said:

Over the last few months since Chiarelli's firing, I have read post after post after post arguing that this team (the team PC built) was playoff worthy.  Lots of confidence from many posters that a "run" was not only possible, but imminent.  That the team was only unduly hard hit by a single meaningful injury to Klefbom, and surprised by a late off season injury to Sekera .... the ONLY two factors keeping this squad from reaching its goal of making the playoffs.

I have also read post after post after post venomously attacking Chiarelli for destroying the Oilers.  Blaming him for everything.

What is it?  Did he adequately BUILD a playoff team that was unlucky to lose a couple players to injury  OR Did he FAIL as a GM and deserve to be fired mid season (a fate usually reserved for the worst of the worst GMs) for creating a lottery cellar dweller?

It can't be both ... only one OR the other.

I dont mind the team. I dont think PC did a bad job however I do think he crumbled under pressure and and made too many panic moves this season. On top of that, some of his bigger trades have been a let down, but not his fault.

The problem for many years has been the players playing on the ice. Its a result of the pressure of playing in Edmonton imo.

At the end of the day I think the team has gotten better under PC than previous years... Obviously winning the McDavid lottery was huge, but it is a better team than pre PC. Up until this season every move made sense, this season not so much.

The team was capable of making the playoffs this year. It was on the players for me. They didnt show up for too many games and look how close they got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, threetimes said:

I dont mind the team. I dont think PC did a bad job however I do think he crumbled under pressure and and made too many panic moves this season. On top of that, some of his bigger trades have been a let down, but not his fault.

The problem for many years has been the players playing on the ice. Its a result of the pressure of playing in Edmonton imo.

At the end of the day I think the team has gotten better under PC than previous years... Obviously winning the McDavid lottery was huge, but it is a better team than pre PC. Up until this season every move made sense, this season not so much.

The team was capable of making the playoffs this year. It was on the players for me. They didnt show up for too many games and look how close they got. 

Though I don't agree with you .... there is consistency in this response.  It's mostly fair.

Where I have problems is when posters/fans claim GOOD playoff worthy team building by management, BUT an absolute failure of Chiarelli in team building.

Where I have problems with your logic, is that it seems to argue the team WAS playoff worthy, but then PC wrecked it with panic moves .... it infers there was no reason to make moves, though both the fired coach AND the hired coach BOTH insisted changes were necessary.


"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeutchOil said:

Though I don't agree with you .... there is consistency in this response.  It's mostly fair.

Where I have problems is when posters/fans claim GOOD playoff worthy team building by management, BUT an absolute failure of Chiarelli in team building.

Where I have problems with your logic, is that it seems to argue the team WAS playoff worthy, but then PC wrecked it with panic moves .... it infers there was no reason to make moves, though both the fired coach AND the hired coach BOTH insisted changes were necessary.

Here's another point to consider and what scares me - PC wasn't just the GM - he was the PoHO. Hockey ops isn't just the Oilers, it's the Oil Kings and the Condors. That's three teams he was worried about. This is why I'm very nervous about BN hiring a GM - he should be hiring a PoHO, and that PoHO should be a GM but have a vision and hire his GM based on that vision. We're screwed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

Over the last few months since Chiarelli's firing, I have read post after post after post arguing that this team (the team PC built) was playoff worthy.  Lots of confidence from many posters that a "run" was not only possible, but imminent.  That the team was only unduly hard hit by a single meaningful injury to Klefbom, and surprised by a late off season injury to Sekera .... the ONLY two factors keeping this squad from reaching its goal of making the playoffs.

I have also read post after post after post venomously attacking Chiarelli for destroying the Oilers.  Blaming him for everything.

What is it?  Did he adequately BUILD a playoff team that was unlucky to lose a couple players to injury  OR Did he FAIL as a GM and deserve to be fired mid season (a fate usually reserved for the worst of the worst GMs) for creating a lottery cellar dweller?

It can't be both ... only one OR the other.

My vote on Chiarelli is a fail for the most part. He didn't recognize our biggest holes on the team, or at the very least he did nothing substantial to fix the problems. He did improve our AHL assets but the problem is he seemed to try similar players for the NHL instead of true impact players. He seemed to devalue all the Oiler players or assets because he seemed to lose every trade except for when he brought in Maroon. Maybe he just wasn't a good negotiator, I don't know but I'm glad he is gone. He wasted a couple of valuable years off of McDavid's window of opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OilyJetFan said:

Here's another point to consider and what scares me - PC wasn't just the GM - he was the PoHO. Hockey ops isn't just the Oilers, it's the Oil Kings and the Condors. That's three teams he was worried about. This is why I'm very nervous about BN hiring a GM - he should be hiring a PoHO, and that PoHO should be a GM but have a vision and hire his GM based on that vision. We're screwed

There are at least TWO very loud voices arguing that this team was a healthy Klefbom away from being a Stanley Cup contender ... and that would make Peter Chiarelli a genius, as Klefbom's 4 million a year, locked up long term, makes him a tier ONE defender in the NHL.


"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

Though I don't agree with you .... there is consistency in this response.  It's mostly fair.

Where I have problems is when posters/fans claim GOOD playoff worthy team building by management, BUT an absolute failure of Chiarelli in team building.

Where I have problems with your logic, is that it seems to argue the team WAS playoff worthy, but then PC wrecked it with panic moves .... it infers there was no reason to make moves, though both the fired coach AND the hired coach BOTH insisted changes were necessary.

I didnt say his moves this year wrecked the team. I understood his moves until this year. the team was already failing when he made moves this year.

I said the players are responsible... it was on them to show up for more games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, threetimes said:

I didnt say his moves this year wrecked the team. I understood his moves until this year. the team was already failing when he made moves this year.

I said the players are responsible... it was on them to show up for more games.

Isn't it a real convenient coincidence that for 12 of 13 years, the "players are responsible" because they don't "show up for more games"? 

At what point do we start looking at the mechanism that constantly puts this type of player on the OIlers roster, and tells the fans they have found the right players?

Nicholson is right about ONE thing ..... clearly there is something wrong with the water in Edmonton.  It makes players lazy, and fans delusional .......


"I'm not a patient man".........."Talk is cheap."Craig MacTavish inauguration 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...