The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
bronco73

Remembering

I posted this to my FB, but I am posting it here.  Please everybody remember how important Friday the 11'th is.

Everything we have, EVERYTHING... we owe to the men and women who put their lives on the line for us. That 1 minute of silence on that 1 day of the year means so much to them. We owe them so much more.

714e076c81bfd7fac2cd665b23dcb1f3.jpg

Edited by bronco73
  • Like 1

Thanks for this Bronco

Having grown up a military brat, there is no day in the year I believe in more than this. It take so little from us to show our past and present military personal how much they mean to us. So if there are any military people on these boards all I can say is "THANK YOU".

Thanks Bronco.

My wife and I saw Hacksaw Ridge last night. It moved us so much that tomorrow we are going to show are appreciation by going to the Remembrance Day activities as well as shake veterans hands. We're going to say, "thank  you".

4 hours ago, Telly-Belly said:

Thanks Bronco.

My wife and I saw Hacksaw Ridge last night. It moved us so much that tomorrow we are going to show are appreciation by going to the Remembrance Day activities as well as shake veterans hands. We're going to say, "thank  you".

I do this very thing every time I see a vet in public. 

• Like 2

Proud Canadian bike ride this morning. Timed it so I'd arrive at Battalion Park right at 11. Sun peeking through, mountain view, a thousand or so folks, lots of kids, silence, and taps. Really moving. couldn't have worked out any better

Tough to ride up a steep hill while you're choking them back

I showed my kids a bunch of pictures of massive cemeteries and a history lesson before we had a moment of silence.  We can't let the newer generations just think it's a day off like all the other ones.  Too many people forget what freedom cost.

18 hours ago, oilers8 said:

I showed my kids a bunch of pictures of massive cemeteries and a history lesson before we had a moment of silence.  We can't let the newer generations just think it's a day off like all the other ones.  Too many people forget what freedom cost.

This is one of the things I am most proud of with my son.  Any time we see a vet or anybody from the military, he stops them and shakes their hand while thanking them for their service.  He watched me do that as he grew up, and it stuck with him as well.  It's something that the people of this country need to be doing every chance they get.