The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
mrtea

Thoughts on PC's next moves?

15 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Hey guys - tell me -why do you think the Leafs would 'give away' Kadri? That's what crazy talk is. Ethan Bear?? LMAO - not a chance, that's their GM laughing as he hangs up on you. 

How about this one for size - chew on it - 4 years ago Boston wanted Darnell Nurse plus some draft picks for Douggie Hamilton. Now Hamilton is struggling this year in Carolina, and apparently not the 'best teammate' to have - but I think if we all knew what Nurse would turn into we'd all be wishing a do over for that. 

But don't worry - Leafs wouldn't do that trade either. They think (and I think too) they have an excellent chance to win the cup this year and/or next year. Bouchard would not help them in either season to that end. He's a few years away still before he's a top 4 dman and PP QB. But I'm sure he will be. 

Kadri is a pipe dream, we have NOTHING to offer the leafs for him. Not on the back end anyway, which is where they need help NOW (Ethan Bear LMAO - yeah right).

VO - Lucic? Please tell me why Toronto would do that trade? Man - that's a much much worse proposal for Toronto then the trading of Bouchard is for us. 

They aren't trading Kadri for anything less than a middle pairing (legit) RH dman (who's at the level NOW). 

As for my proposal - it's all about when do you want to win? Well, when guys? If you want to win 5 years from now then no way no how do you trade a Bouchard. If you want to win in the next couple of years................ who else you going to trade? 

OJF, I thought offering the leafs, what would be a high draft pick, would be able to offset trading Bouchard. In any case, I think everyone knows it’s a pipe dream to acquire Kadri, but one reason they would probably move on from him is that they have a lot of contracts coming up next year; and they are hurting for goalies this year. Marner and Matthews are gonna cash in. The don’t have the space. I could easily see Marner taking a discount but I don’t see why Matthews would. Dkers77 and I were having a discussion on another thread where I asked a hypothetical question about trading our first two draft picks, talbot, and Lucic to TOR for Kadri&Kapanen. Would you do it? I would. But I’m just a know-nothing armchair GM really just tossing out ideas and generating discussion about our Oil  

As for when we expect to win? The only one who has their foot on the gas to win now is Chiarelli. He has to win now because there won’t be a next year. That’s exactly the reason why you would NOT trade Bouchard. We may have a glut of Dmen on the NHL roster, but we also have a ton of bottom 6 forwards. I see a purge of those happening before the D getting traded. Benning/ Manning have one year left; Sekera will be bought out if he’s not making a significant contribution this year; Jones on ELC; Klefbom and Larsson are pretty secure here; Garrison and Petrovic are UFA at the end of the year; Russell has 2 yrs and $8M left. I don’t see that money being easily moved. 

Next year may be a whole bunch of ELCs on the NHL roster because we aren’t going to be able to afford much of anything else. All that to say is I would hold on to both Bouchard and our picks. If our 1st rounder is between 1-10, obviously we keep it. If not, maybe see what else is out there worth acquiring if anything. But hopefully all of this happens under another GMs watch. 

Just ideas, but I like your train of thought man. 

To  Toronto 

monty, 5th 2019

to Edmonton

timashov

to vgk 

4th 2019 4th 2020

to Edmonton 

pirri, carr

to clb

klef, Larsson, nurse, 1st 2020 2nd 2019

to Edmonton

panarin, Jones, werenski 

to nyi 

talbot, seks, spooner 3rd 2020

to Edmonton 

lehner, bellows, ebs

to pits 

lucic, Manning 

To edm

oleksiak, hallander bassard

To nj

rattie, Benning, Norell 

to edm

wood, Walsh 

To dal 

Brassard, Wells, starret, Gambardella 

to edm

nichushkin, point, Masherin, honka

To cal

russel

to edm

gawdin, lazar

Resign Koskinen 3 x 3.5per

lehner 3 x 2.5per

panarin 8x 8per

werenski 8x 5.75 per

pirri 3 x 900k per

car 3 x 800k per

Don’t qualify him and sign him after Petrovic 4 x 1.75 per

Puljujärvi 3 x 2 per

ebs 3 x 3.5 per

chaisson 2 x 900k per

Next years lines

panarin Mcdavid nich 

Wood drai Puljujarvi 

Pirri Nuge ebs

khaira/Carr Brodziak Chiasson /Kassian 

werenski jones

Jones Petrovic 

oleksiak honka

koskinen

Lehner

Edited by Oiler8409
Added

1 hour ago, Oiler8409 said:

ebs 3 x 3.5 per

If Ebs is taking a 40% paycut (which he isn't), he sure as heck ain't coming back to Edmonton for it

I know what PC’s next move should be...

GTFO!

Edited by Bro-lo_el_cunado
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

I know what PC’s next move should be...

GTFO!

LOL - great minds I was just about to post something similar. Heck,I'll volunteer to help him pack and load up his moving van. I'd even pay for the gas so long as it was a one way trip out of town!

On 1/2/2019 at 12:06 AM, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Tell me how?...In my eyes , Bear played alot better when he was called up last year than what Jones has provided thus far ...The only reason Bear isnt here right now is the injury he suffered early in the season. Quite frankly,  this has affected his progress....But in due time itll show he's better ...Bear won WHL defensemen of the year, what has Jones won?.....:th_shrug:

Where is Sleppy now?

Liked Bear also. Not playing well enough to get called up. Shows some promise then takes a step back. Over and over and over this happens.

PC please do not make any more moves unless you trade or fire yourself.

I don't think PC makes any moves without the consent of those who shall not be named. The GMs and coaches that come in are just the fall guys for when the ones truely running the show consistently make mistakes. Think of how USA and Russia install puppet governments in their attempts to nation build and it falls apart and turns into a bigger mess than before they went in. Yeah, welcome to the Edmonton Oilers.

17 minutes ago, Radicaster89 said:

I don't think PC makes any moves without the consent of those who shall not be named. The GMs and coaches that come in are just the fall guys for when the ones truely running the show consistently make mistakes. Think of how USA and Russia install puppet governments in their attempts to nation build and it falls apart and turns into a bigger mess than before they went in. Yeah, welcome to the Edmonton Oilers.

Puppet goverments hmmmmm Trudeau?

On 1/5/2019 at 10:33 PM, Fogolin2 said:

If Ebs is taking a 40% paycut (which he isn't), he sure as heck ain't coming back to Edmonton for it

Ebs isn't worth 3.5 on my team but agree he gets 5 if he keeps scoring which he likely will

1 hour ago, pjrocksmb said:

Ebs isn't worth 3.5 on my team but agree he gets 5 if he keeps scoring which he likely will

most good teams have a 20 goal guy that the home fans think should play more physical. We treat ours in a different way.

Well here it is,  the most brilliant trade of the decade! This is of course if Chia is fired. Okay, if the Oil don't make the playoffs trade Drai for for 5 1st round picks to the worst team in the NHL besides the Oilers. Trade RNH for a #1 RHD under 23 years old. If that does not suffice I really want a happy meal!

Bobrovski could be available soon.  A number 1 that can play a ton.  Have to wonder if a trade couldn't be made there involving one of our goalies +, and move the other goalie for help in front, and then call up Montoya.  Montoya was no worse than our two goalies are playing right now.

3 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Bobrovski could be available soon.  A number 1 that can play a ton.  Have to wonder if a trade couldn't be made there involving one of our goalies +, and move the other goalie for help in front, and then call up Montoya.  Montoya was no worse than our two goalies are playing right now.

Think they should call up WindsorOiler, it's not saying much but he can play better than our two goalies are playing right now...

Talbs usually plays well the second half of the season, well officially it is now the second half. Make or break that he plays well and gets some help.

55 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

UFA  Bob is going to cost a tonne

14 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

UFA  Bob is going to cost a tonne

Wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Problems follow problems!

Edited by El Cid

They need to trade for car- ferland, Necas, rask, nj- wood, Walsh, dal- point, nich, mascherin, clb- werenski, panarin, stl- maroon, Parayko, ari- Crouse, pit- oleksiak, nyi- bellows, lehner, t.o.- timashov, Detroit- glendening, Vegas- Reeves, pirri

next years lines 

panarin mcd ferland

Woods drai nich

maroon rask Puljujärvi 

crouse glendening Reeves 

Chiasson 

werenski Larsson 

jones Parayko 

oleksiak bear

gravel

Koskinen 

lehner

Those line ups have scoring throughout and can play tough gritty games

2 hours ago, VirginiaOiler said:

I couldn’t decide which thread to post this in. I thought it was a great article that summed up our frustration with PC, but also offered an opportunity for us to lie down on the couch and get analyzed:

http://edmontonoildrops.ca/opinion/counterfactual-thinking-alternate-realities-and-the-oilers/

Good read, thx.

29 minutes ago, Oiler8409 said:

They need to trade for car- ferland, Necas, rask, nj- wood, Walsh, dal- point, nich, mascherin, clb- werenski, panarin, stl- maroon, Parayko, ari- Crouse, pit- oleksiak, nyi- bellows, lehner, t.o.- timashov, Detroit- glendening, Vegas- Reeves, pirri

next years lines 

panarin mcd ferland

Woods drai nich

maroon rask Puljujärvi 

crouse glendening Reeves 

Chiasson 

werenski Larsson 

jones Parayko 

oleksiak bear

gravel

Koskinen 

lehner

Those line ups have scoring throughout and can play tough gritty games

Haha you certainly have an imagination when it comes to trades. So basically you want to construct a completely new roster.:lol:

3 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Haha you certainly have an imagination when it comes to trades. So basically you want to construct a completely new roster.:lol:

If only it was that easy.

to be done before trade deadline:

Rent pc a really nice room in florida for a week, as a going away present.

new gm - trade for only picks, prospects or solid 3/4 line players with 1-2 yr left, and a solid backup goalie, players that you know if you like there play, you can probably resign on a decent contract

get what you can for if anything at all  -

spooner - oil is not strong enough def. to let him only think offense, and it shows that when he thinks a  2 way game he's just lost

reider - if you don't trade him slot him in the bottom line and pk only, hes fast as hell but has never shown great finish, hes just not top 6

brodziak - how the hell did he get a 2 yr contract

rattie - only cause he deserves a chance to play, and hitch pulls him too quickly, maybe some old trust issues

manning - good luck dumping that cotract

petrovic - could be solid 6/7 d but a little to rich of a contract for that

benning - yeah Im not explaining this one, its been covered once or twice

Talbot - his rapid decline scars me, and either means a nagging injury that has never been dealt with or a goalie coach that is screwing his play, d hasn't changed that much since he arrived

post trade deadline

top 6 for the remainder of the season,

mc d, drai, rnh, chais, pulj, looch.  pulj time to put up or shut up, show that your gonna take a step, and looch every shift he doesn't crash the net and cause a disturbance, smack him with a towel when he gets back to the bench, hes always played better when he's pissed off.

bottom 6 its a tryout for next season, and no giving out 3 yr + contracts

kosk plays remainder of games and we'll no if he's worth bringing back next year

Draft time-

even if oil make the playoffs they are likely one and done, get to the draft and use any stockpiled picks to fix the support core preferably with an nhl one, to many guys on this team are playing either above where they should be, or in  a position that they're not suited for, and  we all know the oils draft record so no use using extra picks

It could happen we just need a new General manager that knows his players do have value and sticks to it and doesn’t cave like giving hall for Larsson. I get what we needed I just feel that was to steep of a price but live and learn and not cave when the other gym says no.

to pits

lucic,Manning 

to edm

bassard, oleksiak 

then trade bassard for something else like 

to car

rnh, bassard 2 3rds

to edm

ferland, rask, necas

and so on

it can be done but or management needs to change

PC has requested to those above him the permission to make a blockbuster trade...Also , he would like to do the trade autonomously and independently....He further stated, his critics and oiler fans can judge him by this blockbuster trade, if there's any concern... .As of yet, no response from upper management to his request....:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

PC has requested to those above him the permission to make a blockbuster trade...Also , he would like to do the trade autonomously and independently....He further stated, his critics and oiler fans can judge him by this blockbuster trade, if there's any concern... .As of yet, no response from upper management to his request....:ph34r:

It has been reported and verified The Orr camp is in town now strongly supporting Peter Chialleri's decision in this bold move  to stop any concerns about any possiblities of his depature as General Manager of hockey operations. Once again in recognition of Wild Wood sports and the surrounding businesses please shop locally and keep shopping at Dik&Cider Sporting goods and remember Don't be a Yuke shop local!

Also a reminder to  local shoppers all Ryan Nugent Hopkins and Connor Mcdavid Sweaters will be on sale 50% off beginning @ 9:00 am Tommorrow.

well....here we freaking go!

ryan_rishaug-649x100_bigger.jpgRyan RishaugVerified account @TSNRyanRishaug
FollowingFollowing @TSNRyanRishaug
More

Oilers organization is on a full court press to find help at forward. Scouts and staff deployed en masse. Cap situation could make it tough, but first round pick, a goaltender, maybe a young developing forward likely all in play.