• Announcements

• Admin9

Real Time Chat Room   04/19/2017

As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th.   After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
      Thanks A9
Hemer83_2.0

Lander to the KHL

38 posts in this topic

makes sense. No future in North America, why take AHL money when you're dominating that level and could get more?

I will miss you Anton. All the best in hockey and life I personally thought you were awesome. 

Not surprising.  He needs to make money while he still is young enough to have the opportunity.  In the KHL he could even make a name for himself again. ... Certainly more than he could in the AHL.

Good for him! and where does the Yak end up? Casualties of past  Oiler management.

Do we still get to maintain his rights if he tries to come back to the NHL at a later date?

15 minutes ago, Eirhead said:

Do we still get to maintain his rights if he tries to come back to the NHL at a later date?

I read yes similar to Philip Larsen but I think this might warrant further investigation.  His contract is up at the end of the year I believe. I by no means know all the ins and outs of RFA-UFA status but he's getting close to being 26 which I thought was the UFA age. 

I personally think the Oilers are making a mistake letting him go, there is no one even remotely close to his production that we can call up and frankly JJ and Caggs or even Sheplyshev and Iiro haven't shown to be that much more serviceable. The Oilers let down another developed draft pick, so utterly wasteful.

4 minutes ago, oilerfan2011 said:

I read yes similar to Philip Larsen but I think this might warrant further investigation.  His contract is up at the end of the year I believe. I by no means know all the ins and outs of RFA-UFA status but he's getting close to being 26 which I thought was the UFA age. 

I personally think the Oilers are making a mistake letting him go, there is no one even remotely close to his production that we can call up and frankly JJ and Caggs or even Sheplyshev and Iiro haven't shown to be that much more serviceable. The Oilers let down another developed draft pick, so utterly wasteful.

I am not sure I will jump to the conclusion that the Oilers have a choice to "Let him go" ...... they don't own him.  And the KHL is an entirely different league in a very different country. ..... They may own his NA hockey playing rights, but I don't believe that they can even force him to play, if he doesn't want to ..... just that he isn't allowed to play for anyone else in North America, and if he chooses to not play ... the Oilers are not obligated to pay him anymore, and unless he has already taken money for games he hasn't yet played, he wouldn't be legally liable to the contract. ... only to the moneys he has taken for services not rendered.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

I am not sure I will jump to the conclusion that the Oilers have a choice to "Let him go" ...... they don't own him.  And the KHL is an entirely different league in a very different country. ..... They may own his NA hockey playing rights, but I don't believe that they can even force him to play, if he doesn't want to ..... just that he isn't allowed to play for anyone else in North America, and if he chooses to not play ... the Oilers are not obligated to pay him anymore, and unless he has already taken money for games he hasn't yet played, he wouldn't be legally liable to the contract. ... only to the moneys he has taken for services not rendered.

Agree, but more likely than not they will terminate the contract this summer to give the oilers an extra roster spot to play with IMO

Hope he does well in the K.  He just couldn't translate his game to the NHL

His game smarts are NHL, his foot speed is AHL

1 hour ago, Yuke said:

His game smarts are NHL, his foot speed is AHL

Yep - that pretty much sums it up there Yuke - agreed!

He can honestly say that he got his shot to play....it didn't work out but there's lots of hockey in him.  All the best, Anton!

Do the Oilers even let him play out the year here knowing that he's signed elsewhere next year. Wouldn't they be better off giving that playing time to one of our own prospects. 

10 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

Not surprising.  He needs to make money while he still is young enough to have the opportunity.  In the KHL he could even make a name for himself again. ... Certainly more than he could in the AHL.

This. He has been here for a long time and we signed Caggiula who took his spot.  He's a good player but just never did seem to be able to score enough to stick in the NHL. I wish him luck because he never complained and I really like his game.  To be honest I'd like to see him up here now because I like his defensive game and faceoffs.  He's a pretty good possesion player too.  Man, if only he could have scored 10 goals a year he'd have been a perfect third line centre.  He's been a good Oiler and I hope he does very well. 

25 minutes ago, oilerfan2011 said:

Do the Oilers even let him play out the year here knowing that he's signed elsewhere next year. Wouldn't they be better off giving that playing time to one of our own prospects. 

He'll help with the playoff run in Bakersfield. That's good experience and him playing with JP is a good thing IMO. Lander is a true pro and I would expect him to be nothing but professional.  Sure he's gone after that but he helps the rest of the guys get that experience and lets him win on a good note.  He's one of the classiest guys around so I would never be worried about him that way. It's just too bad he never could crack the NHL lineup consistently. 

14 hours ago, oilerfan2011 said:

How about The Oilers show a little loyalty and let Lander play out his contract.

5 minutes ago, LAkid said:

How about The Oilers show a little loyalty and let Lander play out his contract.

Loyalty to a player who just signed with a different team in another country? Here's lots of reason to let him play but this isn't one. 

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

Loyalty to a player who just signed with a different team in another country? Here's lots of reason to let him play but this isn't one. 

There is no reason to let your English grammar let you down when you attack me. Lander can sign where ever he wants to. He is a UFA, and earned the right. 

Edited by LAkid

1 minute ago, LAkid said:

There is no reason to let your English grammar let you down when you attack me.

I try not to do the grammar thing, sorry about that. That post wasn't an attack btw. It was a debate. 

1 minute ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

I try not to do the grammar thing, sorry about that. That post wasn't an attack btw. It was a debate. 

You have no problem caller other posters illiterate!  Lander is a free agent at the end of the year and can sign wherever He sees fit. Show us a contract that Lander signed.

3 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

You just did "the grammar thing" in another thread ..... less than 15 minutes ago.  I am confused ......

Just now, LAkid said:

You have no problem caller other posters illiterate!  Lander is a free agent at the end of the year and can sign wherever He sees fit. Show us a contract that Lander signed.

I already apologized for that. I shouldn't have done that. Let it go. 

1 minute ago, DeutchOil said:

You just did "the grammar thing" in another thread ..... less than 15 minutes ago.  I am confused ......

It has not been successful lately. Getting too into the arguments on this board. Need to take a break probably. At a certain point I get frustrated and say stuff I shouldnt. 

11 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

It has not been successful lately. Getting too into the arguments on this board. Need to take a break probably. At a certain point I get frustrated and say stuff I shouldnt. 

Fair enough ..... and understood.  It happens ...... thanks for clarifying.

Posted (edited)

On 3/24/2017 at 2:34 PM, Hemer83_2.0 said:

No Worries, Iam the biggest *  on the board!

Edited by hillcat

On 2017-03-23 at 1:47 PM, LAkid said:

Good for him! and where does the Yak end up? Casualties of past  Oiler management.

Yakupov is just thriving under new management. -.-

53 minutes ago, LAkid said:

This confuses me.