• Announcements

• Admin9

Real Time Chat Room   04/19/2017

As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th.   After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
      Thanks A9
RapierShot

GDT: OILERS @ SHARKS: ROUND 1 - GAME 4: APRIL 18 @ 8 PM (SN)

413 posts in this topic

Can the Oilers steal another game in the Tank?  Leading the series 2-1 going into tonight's game, the Oilers gotta be feeling good about their play.  Cam already has 2 shutouts in this series, and the defence and forwards are playing good/smart hockey in our end.  Not many points produced in this series, but the important stats are the Wins.

Lineup info will be available later (News).....

GO OILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The oil aren't gonna steal anything. They will however punch  a fish in the nose, announce  they're taking it and walk out the front door with a big W . 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Big_Fuzzy_Dice said:

The oil aren't gonna steal anything. They will however punch  a fish in the nose, announce  they're taking it and walk out the front door with a big W . 

lol....:D

LGO! We go up 3-1, we're in control. Especially coming back home after this. Gonig to be close, going to be physical. Gotta stay out of the penalty box. Or if we go , make it worth while. 

Excited and nervous again today. Going to be the toughest Sharks team we've sen yet. Joe's had a couple more days to recover, They played well last game and still lost so they'll bring another level tonight. They're going to be desparate because they know what a loss could mean. We can't be complacent. Gotta match their desperation

Other than my nerves, the hockey in the last game was kinda boring. I'm hoping for a bit flash and finish tonight, but I'll take a win any way it comes

Oil win 4-3 in OT

The Oilers are their worst enemy in that they can win it all if they listen to their coach and follow through with the intensity that they have played with.

I expect the Oilers to come out with goals. I also expect SJ to be easily frustrated. They may begin to take dumb penalties that will blow-up in their faces.

Oilers 4-2 (one empty net)

1 person likes this

Sharks are getting desperate from the sounds of it, with all the stories about them not letting us start the morning skate on time and not giving us nets. Bush league stuff, they're out of ideas and theyre scared. Run em out of the building.

2 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

Sharks are getting desperate from the sounds of it, with all the stories about them not letting us start the morning skate on time and not giving us nets. Bush league stuff, they're out of ideas and theyre scared. Run em out of the building.

Even their interviews reveal a team that is out of options. They just don't know what to do with the new look Oilers.

1 minute ago, Telly-Belly said:

Even their interviews reveal a team that is out of options. They just don't know what to do with the new look Oilers.

2 people like this

I'm expecting the Sharks to bring their Dmen into the Ozone a lot tonight, hoping to create more pressure and possession in our end.  That means there should be chances for odd man breakouts and that their Defence wears out sooner.   We have to skate hard, finish checks and win the puck battles (gee no cliches there!). 

St. Talbot will take care of the rest.

Oilers by 2!

1 hour ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

Sounds alot like the "72" Summit Series when the games switch to Moscow; where the phone would ring in the Canadian players motel rooms throughout the night...Their western food and Molson beer confiscated..... Like Phil said...."This isnt just a game - It' is war!"....:ph34r:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

37 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

I'm expecting the Sharks to bring their Dmen into the Ozone a lot tonight, hoping to create more pressure and possession in our end.  That means there should be chances for odd man breakouts and that their Defence wears out sooner.   We have to skate hard, finish checks and win the puck battles (gee no cliches there!). 

St. Talbot will take care of the rest.

Oilers by 2!

If SJ does bring their defense in, I expect a high scoring game. Jones can be beaten.

I figure the Sharks are going to throw everything they have at the Oilers. Mayhaps even two kitchen sinks as well. If the Oil get an early goal it could be a kick in the junk. Their fans aren't too happy (I scooted over to their forums just to see) so if they can take them out of it early, I have no doubts they can walk away with the W.

Freakin' nervous over here...

Sharks quick start even quicker tonite;  both barrels, kitchen sink, firstborn .... all in one explosive first period.  I am recording the game and am really looking forward to all of it, but esp that first period.  It will be one for the ages ... 

And no prediction for tonite, other than Sharknado first period and if Oil can withstand the oncoming onslaught and Talbot is first star, they can win once again and take that stranglehold back to Edmonton.

Most important game this team has had since 2006.  They can't let the Sharks walk all over them.  Weather the storm, and they can take a stranglehold

Games like this make the rookies and kids "grow up fast"....great experience and character test....go get 'em!

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, RapierShot said:

Games like this make the rookies and kids "grow up fast"....great experience and character test....go get 'em!

well said

Just Made a fresh tea, Putting my McDavid jersey on. Ready for the game!

Go Oilers, Play a tough smart game, kick some butt.

Oilers win 4-2

2 minutes ago, mrtea said:

Just Made a fresh tea, Putting my McDavid jersey on. Ready for the game!

Go Oilers, Play a tough smart game, kick some butt.

Oilers win 4-2

Getting my popcorn and looking for some sushi.