• Announcements

• Admin9

Real Time Chat Room   04/19/2017

As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th.   After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
      Thanks A9
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Sharks @ Oilers: GM 5 - 8:30 PM (MT) Thur April 20.17

592 posts in this topic

Related image

Image result for Edmonton Oiler logo

Image result for Animated Shark GIFImage result for Shark GIFImage result for Animated Shark GIF

Related image                                                                      Related image

Image result for Shark GIF        Related image                                                                        Image result for Shark GIF

No automatic alt text available.

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

:th_hockey20player:The winning formula for game five......

LINE COMBINATIONS

Milan LucicConnor McDavidAnton Slepyshev

Leon DraisaitlRyan Nugent-HopkinsZack Kassian

Benoit PouliotMark LetestuJordan Eberle

Patrick MaroonMatt HendricksJujhar  Khaira

DEFENSIVE PAIRINGS

Oscar KlefbomAdam Larsson

Andrej SekeraKris Russell

Darnell NurseEric Gryba

Cam Talbot

Laurent  Brossoit

#1 PP UNIT

Jordan EberleLeon DraisaitlMilan Lucic

Oscar KlefbomConnor McDavid

#2 PP UNIT

Anton SlepyshevMark LetestuPatrick Maroon

Andrej SekeraRyan Nugent-Hopkins

Related image

"I will now take some questions, No need to shove each other...I will do my best to offer my rational behind these line combinations" 

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

Last 2 months:  "Sleppyshev just needs to be given an opportunity with McDavid..I'm tell ya!!  How can you people be so blind?  It's a winning formula"

Yesterday(after Sleppy's coming out party):  "McDavid is costing Sleppy points!  McDavid doesn't pass to him..arrrrghhhh"

Today: "Sleppyshev needs McDavid and Lucic.  How can you people be so blind?"

True story

Edited by johnnyterrible

12 minutes ago, billpayor said:

C2G Did you come up with those line combo's or are they for real ?

Do you really need to ask? It's C2G. He doesn't do facts. 

1 minute ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

Do you really need to ask? It's C2G. He doesn't do facts. 

He did some fine work and it truly is an interesting blend even if it is pure fabrication .

Just now, billpayor said:

He did some fine work and it truly is an interesting blend even if it is pure fabrication .

Actually it's all pretty awful and none of it makes any sense. 

Just now, Hemer83_2.0 said:

After that 7-0 drubbing nothing makes sense anymore . It will be interesting what TM comes up with though .

We're tied in the series with the Sharks....it's now a best-of-3 series....so the coaches have to go with the best %s available.  Good to see that Drai didn't get suspension and - apart from egos - no serious injuries from the last game.  Full house and good support on the sidelines.as needed.

Look for a game-2 type of lineup and plan.

Thanks for the GDT, C2G.

48 minutes ago, billpayor said:

I came up with them....You Like?..:huh:

34 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Well.thanks!...After watching the players closely....this is what I came up with..:rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

It doesn't make sense to you because it doesn't involve stats!....I put these lines together based on their skills and abilities , and by my observations....:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Thanks for the GDT, C2G.

NP....my pleasure Rapier....

I'm not done with the GDT main page...I plan on blowing up those sharks out of the water!...😆

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

It doesn't make sense to you because it doesn't involve stats!....I put these lines together based on their skills and abilities , and by my observations....:rolleyes:

No actually it doesn't make sense because you have terrible players on the first line, great players in the bottom 6, and combos that are proven not to work. A 2 year old pulling names out of a hat could do better. I don't need to look at the numbers to evaluate combos this bad. You somehow put together lines that fail the eye test. 

Edited by Hemer83_2.0

40 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

No actually it doesn't make sense because you have terrible players on the first line, great players in the bottom 6, and combos that are proven not to work. A 2 year old pulling names out of a hat could do better. I don't need to look at the numbers to evaluate combos this bad. You somehow put together lines that fail the eye test. 

You two bicker like siblings . 

The Flames are gone meaning we're Western Canada's last hope for a deep run. Let's be sure that we play a game that will haunt the Sharks for quite sometime.

One new look i would deploy is putting Kassian on Mcdavids line. I dont recall those two together at all during the season. If they were, it wasnt for many minutes. For the most part Kassian has been flying in the series.  ZK is a terrific skater and should be able to keep up with a Mcdavid breakout. Why not give them a look together ?

11 hours ago, billpayor said:

They are pretty scary (in a bad way) to me.

10 hours ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

I agree. SJ would be laughing if we went into the game with these lines.

Moving LD from C and RW now to LW is ridicoulos and makes absolutely no sense.

And Ebs on the third looks completely lost...

7 minutes ago, Telly-Belly said:

They are pretty scary (in a bad way) to me.

I agree. SJ would be laughing if we went into the game with these lines.

If you guys are too stubborn atleast  implement 2/3 s of these lines....we still might have a chance!....So I propose keeping McD & Slep together (Insert whomever);   keep LD n Kazz, Pou n Ebs, Hendo n JJ....Big Game Today!....Don't say you weren't warned.... B)

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

2 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

If you guys are too stubborn atleast  implement 2/3 s of these lines....we still might have a chance!....So I propose keeping McD & Slep together (Insert whomever);   keep LD n Kazz, Pou n Ebs, Hendo n JJ.... B)

Nope still awful

5 minutes ago, SidHalley said:

Moving LD from C and RW now to LW is ridicoulos and makes absolutely no sense.

And Ebs on the third looks completely lost...

Just try it and watch the magic happen...:th_shrug: 

3 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

Nope still awful

I bet you any money even your bowl of stats would support this....double check it!...:th_shrug:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

7 hours ago, 3rdtierfan said:

One new look i would deploy is putting Kassian on Mcdavids line. I dont recall those two together at all during the season. If they were, it wasnt for many minutes. For the most part Kassian has been flying in the series.  ZK is a terrific skater and should be able to keep up with a Mcdavid breakout. Why not give them a look together ?

Not a chance. The reason why Zack has been successful is because he's been playing against the 'lesser' sharks (thresher lol) and not the Great (white) Sharks. Put him with McDavid then who becomes Zack Kassian against the thresher sharks? We don't have the depth to do that.

12 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

If you guys are too stubborn atleast  implement 2/3 s of these lines....we still might have a chance!....So I propose keeping McD & Slep together (Insert whomever);   keep LD n Kazz, Pou n Ebs, Hendo n JJ....Big Game Today!....Don't say you weren't warned.... B)

Actually, I don't mind your first line. But why would you want Hendricks and Khaira in there? They are slow during the regular season - they'd be chewed up and spit out in the playoffs. Also, I don't like Ebs down on the third line and Maroon below Pouliot.

I do agree Maroon needs to be demoted, he's not doing much. In fact, it's a toss up to me as to who has been the most disappointing Oiler in the playoffs, Maroon or Draisaitl. In the end Maroon gets my vote because when Leon played center in game three he looked more like himself and was the driving force behind the winning goal scored unassisted by Kassian. LD got the puck deep and forechecked hard forcing working in tandem with Kassian (who was blocking the clear out on the half boards) forcing the turnover and the game winner. Maroon has done pretty much squat except squander 4 or 5 chances that McDavid has set him up on. 

The other issue I have is Lucic. He was good his first two games but looked a bit lost in game 3 and was terrible in game 4. We need to get him going. Lucic was motivated to sign here because he wanted to play with McDavid - so lets let him play. 

Personally, I don't think Slepy is in the same stratosphere as McDavid. He's a gamer but he clearly doesn't belong on his line. If I were coach, this would be my lineup:

Lucic / McDavid / Eberle

Draisaitl / RNH / Slepy

Cagiulla / Letestu / Kassian

Maroon / DD / Hendricks

Basically Hendricks takes over for Pouliot who has been useless and IMO is a better penalty killer. Though with Hendricks you take a big risk as he can be too agressive and take unnecessary penalties so that's the risk but if I were going to change things, that's how I'd do it. Defense stays the same