• Announcements

• Admin9

Real Time Chat Room   04/19/2017

As most of you know Invision announced they were retiring chat April 30th.   After speaking with our webmaster the Oilers Organization has decided to cover the cost to have a new chat application added to the forums. Hope to have this up and running within a week for you all.
      Thanks A9
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Sharks @ Oilers: GM 5 - 8:30 PM (MT) Thur April 20.17

592 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

You're bang on with Spurgeon....Who can we trade for him?    Russell & Prospect?....:th_shrug: 

There you go now you KNOW it's a terrible idea if Mr take Letestu off the PP endorses it.

2 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Actually, Spurgeon is not that bad.  In 2015-16, he had 13 pts in 136 PP minutes.  

And, I'm not a big fan of Barrie. 

Im not a big fan of Shattenkirk or Trouba as well....names that have been thrown around. :th_shrug:.

I'm not looking to promote any particular players (Spurgeon came to mind as the type of Dman I had in mind) or propose any specific trades, etc.  PC is much better at that stuff than I am.

Klefbom looks good on our defence and he's got a lot more potential - expect big things from him.  Hopefully, that will include QB'ing a power play.

34 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Happy - Hemer Letestu deserves to be on the pp for now(as long as we're winning) ....Is that good? :th_shrug:

That video, Is that you favorite song?....B) 

That will suffice. I will let you off the hook here, just cuz you are you. 🤔

All this talk of trades for a PP D. Anyone not notice Nurse out there? Klef is doing well and don;t forget I believe we have Benson in the minors. So looks like we are doing pretty well in house. Nurse and Klef just keep improving and stay healthy!

The only thing we lack is a true #1 Dman that can do it all. We know how rare those are. No reason we can't have two or three #2 or #3 D and get the job done by committee. Being responsible defensively is always #1.

I hope it's not too late to comment on the game , for this is my first opportunity . I'm at a loss for words . I got to say I was scared they weren't going to pull it off after the sharks gained that 3-1 lead . They just  seemed to stop skating mid way through the first period , sharks were winning puck battles and there wasn't a whole lot of open ice and not a whole lot of urgency .  I was thinking "OH GOD",  it's game 4 all over again . But it was different they had this composure about them . I was wondering if they were just pacing themselves  . Then Letestu's PP goal and then with 10 minutes left in the third , they flicked a switch and started skating . That's' all it took . The sharks were tanked . They were rope-a- doped . Was Desharnais amazing or what ? The Klef-Bomb . Holy crap !! OT , Sharkies didn't stand a chance , Oilers dominate , they had to win , even though Jones was holding them in it  .  Then the littlest fish for the Oil won it , how fitting . . 

Boy I sure was happy to be wrong about him. What a script.... UNBELIEVABLE !!

Better not change that line up . If they just SKATE like that for 60 minutes , it's all over in 6 games . Just do it OILERS , do it in 6 . Don't waste any more time with those Sharks . It's time to hunt some F----ing  Duck , 

PS . Cool song Happy .

Edited by billpayor

3 hours ago, WindsorOiler said:

All this talk of trades for a PP D. Anyone not notice Nurse out there? Klef is doing well and don;t forget I believe we have Benson in the minors. So looks like we are doing pretty well in house. Nurse and Klef just keep improving and stay healthy!

The only thing we lack is a true #1 Dman that can do it all. We know how rare those are. No reason we can't have two or three #2 or #3 D and get the job done by committee. Being responsible defensively is always #1.

Klef right now is our hope at becoming the #1.  I find he plays really well but takes a few steps back at times.  His biggest weakness is his physical play.  I'm gonna be brutally honest and say right now I see Klef as the guy who can be a #1  but if he doesn't become more physical..he will never be anything more.You can't be a true #1 imo if you don't incorporate the ability to lean on people.  He has the size.  It's very rare that a guy can be a #1 like Karlsson or OEL without being physical.  Can Klef be that type?  Time will tell.

As for Larsson, I see him as a player who could push that envelope as he already has it together in the defense and physical department.but his offense needs work.  The guy has never really been given the gate in the NHL.  I just hope we don't pigeon hole him into a role without giving him the opportunity.

Nurse.  Well that is a tough one.  He really has shown he can jump into the play...but his defensive game still leaves way too much to be desired

Edited by johnnyterrible

8 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Klef right now is our hope at becoming the #1.  I find he plays really well but takes a few steps back at times.  His biggest weakness is his physical play.  I'm gonna be brutally honest and say right now I see Klef as the guy who can be a #1  but if he doesn't become more physical..he will never be anything more.You can't be a true #1 imo if you don't incorporate the ability to lean on people.  He has the size.  It's very rare that a guy can be a #1 like Karlsson or OEL without being physical.  Can Klef be that type?  Time will tell.

As for Larsson, I see him as a player who could push that envelope as he already has it together in the defense and physical department.but his offense needs work.  The guy has never really been given the gate in the NHL.  I just hope we don't pigeon hole him into a role without giving him the opportunity.

Nurse.  Well that is a tough one.  He really has shown he can jump into the play...but his defensive game still leaves way too much to be desired

Nurse has a ways to go defensively.  I honestly wonder if you dont play him forward.

49 minutes ago, suparmon said:

Nurse has a ways to go defensively.  I honestly wonder if you dont play him forward.

:th_facepalm2:

1 hour ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

:th_facepalm2:

It worked for Burns.  Nurse would be a beast up front.

1 minute ago, suparmon said:

It worked for Burns.  Nurse would be a beast up front.

Burns is a defenceman and has been one in all his most productive seasons.

I swear every year someone on here wants to convert a D to a forward. Its a bad idea. Like 5 players in league history have done it successfully. I dont get why so many posters on here want to do crap like this. Its an awful idea and it almost always is.

1 minute ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

I swear every year someone on here wants to convert a D to a forward. Its a bad idea. Like 5 players in league history have done it successfully. I dont get why so many posters on here want to do crap like this. Its an awful idea and it almost always is.

You need an open mind.  Nurse would be great up front.  Can always move him back if it doesnt work.

He struggles defensively quite often.

25 minutes ago, Hemer83_2.0 said:

Gotta agree.  Nurse is still developing.  He has gotten better every year so far, and has far from plateaued.  Currently, he is the stabilizing influence on his pairing .... and this is huge in his growth.  Game 5 Nurse was all that stood between Benning and a Gong Show night (I like Benning, but he is playing like a rookie .... oh wait, he is one, and Nurse is being trusted to fix Benning's jitters ... says a lot about what the coaching staff thinks about converting him to forward). My mind is permanently closed on this one ..... 

Edited by DeutchOil

1 hour ago, suparmon said:

You need an open mind.  Nurse would be great up front.  Can always move him back if it doesnt work.

Edited by johnnyterrible

59 minutes ago, suparmon said:

Sounds like a fan from another team

42 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Sounds like a fan from another team

Why cause I think Nurse would be a good forward.

Psshhhh please...

On 4/21/2017 at 11:24 PM, suparmon said:

Why cause I think Nurse would be a good forward.

Psshhhh please...

While we're at it let's put McDavid and Drai on D

Move Nurse and Klefbom up

Hell let's put Talbot at center, let RNH try out goalie

Edited by Anonymoose84