The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
gorky701

TV Game Flow

It's such a shame that the excitement of games is dulled so much because of so many ads.  Profit seems to have taken away so much from a good game and the product resulting is so much less.  I have been a fan since the beginning and I just wonder how any new fans react to the diminished presentation.  This coupled with the unconscionably late hours during the playoffs is rapidly making me think that perhaps my time would be better spent elsewhere.  I know it's a business, I'm an economist, but it's really just a game.  A game was made to be enjoyed, not endured for much of the time. The difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude.  This sentiment should be followed by fans, owners, TV broadcasters and everybody included in this adventure we love called the Edmonton Oilers.  

Welcome to pro sports in 2017. And, as a matter of fact, amateur sports in 2017. Even my brother's crappy atom AA team has 15 team sponsors, individual jersey sponsors, and a title sponsor for each period of play. This is never going away. Its only going to get worse.