RapierShot

GDT: OILERS VS MONTREAL CANADIENS: SATURDAY DEC 9 @ 5PM: SN

29 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Really Hap??? He should have just shot it. I'll laugh all I want - it was laughable. At least he stayed on his feet and didn't tumble into the boards. Here's a news flash - he isn't Denis Savard lol. Don't make me put a montage together. I love the guy but he makes some really bad decisions at times

6-2 road victory. Do what ya gotta do. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

6-2 road victory. Do what ya gotta do. :rolleyes:

Hap you take what I say wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously sometimes. Kassian is who he is. I'm not complaining though for some very strange reason you think i am. I am however stating a fact. He's a shooter, when he tries to deke he makes me laugh. Have you not watch him at all this year? Do you really want me to put a Kassian Montage together?? I'm very happy we won - and Kassian should have shot. What's your point my friend?

3 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

I still can't find any release originating from the Oilers that verifies this for the games in question.  A tweet from a news source equivalent to "Wildwood Sports" is all I've found.   All of the other Oiler injuries this year are well documented.  That's all I'm saying.  I can't find it.

Quite a few sources reported it at the time. Here’s the first one that popped up when I searched

2 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

yep.  Not sure why anyone is thinking Walker, with his stats and lack of experience, was anything but a circus move by a desperate GM wanting to deflect attention.  There is literally nothing about him that makes him better, or different than Caggiula or Malone, and no reason to argue that there is any evidence to the contrary .... except the Oiler fans haven't seen him.

Jeebus Deutch clam down. It wasn't desperation. He's fricking FREE....cost nothing. The team is playing like quantum singularity.....take the ZERO COST play and see if it works. Not a gamble if you didn't bet anything. It's called value, and it can't be a bad deal BECAUSE IT WAS FREE

4 hours ago, billpayor said:

I like it so far . Nice to see Khaira up with Leon & Strome .Walker has to be a fit with Letestu & Kass . That's the way I thought it should look . I'm happy and they're up 2-0 .

:th_wave:

Bold prediction. Way to stick your neck out

Rewatch the shift.  He made TWO terrible passes in the same shift, right as Montreal were working to gain Momentum.  Did it hurt us? No.  Not tonight it didn't.  He made another one of those bad passes in his last shift, that a Montreal player bobbled, or it would have gone for another odd man rush.   You missed it while you were ranting at me.

I haven't given up on this season yet.  I know I am in the minority.  But until this team falls 10 points out of the playoffs (and I have said it repeatedly), I won't say this season is over.  That makes stupid mistakes by a pet project a bit more relevant to me.  You and PC might be on the same page in giving up on this year, but TM isn't saying he has, and that makes every dumb roster move PC makes meaningful.  And giving up on your farm players in favour of someone else's cast offs sure doesn't send any motivational message to the guys you have.

excuse me?  When did I say I was giving up on this year? 

IF somebody else's cast off is a better option than your own farm players (and I'm not saying he is, again it's WAY too early to tell, I'm just playing devils advocate here) would that not mean he has NOT given up on the season, would it also not mean it is worth the try? 

No worries.  I'm just not in a mind set of giving the Oilers management the benefit of the doubt right now.  They haven't earned it this year.  They may yet earn it back.

You are absolutely correct here, and I've said the same.  No GM should ever sit back and think "good enough", like ours appeared to have

4 hours ago, DeutchOil said:

A player like Khaira has to play every shift like its his last.  He has done that since he was press boxed a month ago.  Still not sure why he was taken out of the lineup a couple of weeks ago.  Some say he was sick, but there was never any Oilers press release of his sickness.  Glad he is playing with Drai.  Drai needs line mates that produce.

Link directly from the injury update thread when it occurred.

https://oilersnation.com/2017/11/16/jujhar-khaira-wont-play-tonight-because-of-an-upper-body-injury/

4 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

Hap you take what I say wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to seriously sometimes. Kassian is who he is. I'm not complaining though for some very strange reason you think i am. I am however stating a fact. He's a shooter, when he tries to deke he makes me laugh. Have you not watch him at all this year? Do you really want me to put a Kassian Montage together?? I'm very happy we won - and Kassian should have shot. What's your point my friend?

You're right, I suppose I do. What can I say, sensitive times haha. I guess sometimes it seems like you're picking apart the team but nothing wrong with that and understandable. Kass is like Smitty to me, he often goes for the unsuspecting obvious play;) (I miss Ryan's wrap-around that worked 1 out of every 50 attempts hehe) lol, but he works his butt off for the most part. I don't really have a point. We won (in convincing fashion to boot;)), I rejoice. 

On to Toronto, will it be one step forward or two steps back.:th_shrug: Gulp..

Edited by HappyHappy

LB played pretty good tonight, which is a major plus. Hopefully Ellis can do well against Toronto this evening. I'm going on the assumption that the backup will play the second game of a back to back :P.

6 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

You're right, I suppose I do. What can I say, sensitive times haha. I guess sometimes it seems like you're picking apart the team but nothing wrong with that and understandable. Kass is like Smitty to me, he often goes for the unsuspecting obvious play;) (I miss Ryan's wrap-around that worked 1 out of every 50 attempts hehe) lol, but he works his butt off for the most part. I don't really have a point. We won (in convincing fashion to boot;)), I rejoice. 

On to Toronto, will it be one step forward or two steps back.:th_shrug: Gulp..

Agreed 100% - I wish all our boys showed the same work ethic as Kass does - I really did mean no disrespect to him. I'm laughing with him, not at him. I think the best play he made all night was when he was killing that penalty and made a nice pickoff in Montreal's end and (potentially) had another breakaway. However, the Oilers were in the midst of changing their PKer's and he knew that so he softly dumped it in the corner and changed himself. Outstanding - most players, especially those wanting to score for themselves, would have tried to do something there, most likely turned the puck over, and then Montreal would have had numbers coming back on a rush. That was winning hockey right there. Huge sign for me. I predicted 1 - 5 - 1 in this 7 game stretch - guess who's going to be happier than you if we go 5 - 1  - 1 ;) 

35 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Agreed 100% - I wish all our boys showed the same work ethic as Kass does - I really did mean no disrespect to him. I'm laughing with him, not at him. I think the best play he made all night was when he was killing that penalty and made a nice pickoff in Montreal's end and (potentially) had another breakaway. However, the Oilers were in the midst of changing their PKer's and he knew that so he softly dumped it in the corner and changed himself. Outstanding - most players, especially those wanting to score for themselves, would have tried to do something there, most likely turned the puck over, and then Montreal would have had numbers coming back on a rush. That was winning hockey right there. Huge sign for me. I predicted 1 - 5 - 1 in this 7 game stretch - guess who's going to be happier than you if we go 5 - 1  - 1 ;) 

Me?