RapierShot

GDT: OILERS VS TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS; SUN DEC 10 @ 5 PM; SN

Much better 2nd period. How many posts do we have to hit. Mclhenney however you spell it is having one heck of a game so far. Little help from the posts but wow!!

2 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Not having JP out there is pure stupidity on that one

They deserve the loss

What are you talking about. The Oilers deserve this win. We are not making the goalie look good tonight, he is standing on his head and I have counted 3 posts, maybe even a 4th! Unbelievable, eventually this luck has to change, my goodness. McD with those breakaways though, you have to finish. Unbelievable. Team deserves better 100%

This is how goalies wins you games and it's been all good fortune for Toronto all season. Anderson now the other one. Please let's get this win.

Edited by WindsorOiler

1 hour ago, Sharptooth1 said:

Maybe because they are soft and crumble. Just kidding 

that woke me up lol

38 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

What are you talking about. The Oilers deserve this win. We are not making the goalie look good tonight, he is standing on his head and I have counted 3 posts, maybe even a 4th! Unbelievable, eventually this luck has to change, my goodness. McD with those breakaways though, you have to finish. Unbelievable. Team deserves better 100%

Nope.  Utter stupidity!!

You have the best shot on the team on the bench.  Also a great opportunity to let your rookie really build momentum

That was an opportunity flushed down the toilet

That one PP could have lead to SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more

Not to mention the current PP is aweful

Pure waste of management

Edited by johnnyterrible

lots of standing around on that 5 on 3;  could have had a couple too, but pretty much a plodding pplay imho

2 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Completely clueless. 

yes not too swift.  esp when they are just standing around;  let JP take a swing at it;  our pplay is so lousy ...

4 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Nope.  Utter stupidity!!

You have the best shot on the team on the bench.  Also a great opportunity to let your rookie really build momentum

That was an opportunity flushed down the toilet

That one PP could have lead to SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more

Not to mention the current PP is aweful

Pure waste of management

I agree on this - a 5 on 3 and he`s not out there. And we pretty much killed it ourselves passing around the perimeter. Lets see how we come out in the third but I`m not holding my breath on this one. 

5-on-3...you don't need a Dman out there...put out a shooter.  Especially as our Dmen can't find the net anyway!

That was a total screw up...they had a commercial timeout to figure things & rest the players....then that's the best we can do?

Woodcroft should be drug tested!

2 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

I agree on this - a 5 on 3 and he`s not out there. And we pretty much killed it ourselves passing around the perimeter. Lets see how we come out in the third but I`m not holding my breath on this one. 

Yep and some still say TM is not the problem. :wacko:

36 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

You pick your spots for your rooks

A 5 0n 3 where he could unleash and be a factor is one of them

I laugh watching Laine and Sergachev, then this crap

Hate to say it, but now I'm cheering for the loss. That stuff is inexcusable!!  Especially when that PP is beyond atrocious and you keep forcing the square peg in the round hole

In my heart I believe that opportunity alone could have catapulted JP's development a half season

Mind boggling how this perimeter passing is accepted time after time. Should have been 15 shots instead of 4. I'm not sure how many times i yelled shoot, shoot, shoot in those two minutes, but sad, sad, sad.

6 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

TM elected to go with experience.  You need experience to stand at attention in a semi-circle that well.

He also elected to put Woodcroft's experience in charge of the special teams.  Seems ALL that experience is what makes us as good as we are ...