RapierShot

GDT: OILERS VS TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS; SUN DEC 10 @ 5 PM; SN

Recommended Posts

Much better 2nd period. How many posts do we have to hit. Mclhenney however you spell it is having one heck of a game so far. Little help from the posts but wow!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Not having JP out there is pure stupidity on that one

They deserve the loss

What are you talking about. The Oilers deserve this win. We are not making the goalie look good tonight, he is standing on his head and I have counted 3 posts, maybe even a 4th! Unbelievable, eventually this luck has to change, my goodness. McD with those breakaways though, you have to finish. Unbelievable. Team deserves better 100%

This is how goalies wins you games and it's been all good fortune for Toronto all season. Anderson now the other one. Please let's get this win.

Edited by WindsorOiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sharptooth1 said:

Maybe because they are soft and crumble. Just kidding 

that woke me up lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

What are you talking about. The Oilers deserve this win. We are not making the goalie look good tonight, he is standing on his head and I have counted 3 posts, maybe even a 4th! Unbelievable, eventually this luck has to change, my goodness. McD with those breakaways though, you have to finish. Unbelievable. Team deserves better 100%

Nope.  Utter stupidity!!

You have the best shot on the team on the bench.  Also a great opportunity to let your rookie really build momentum

That was an opportunity flushed down the toilet

That one PP could have lead to SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more

Not to mention the current PP is aweful

 

Pure waste of management

Edited by johnnyterrible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lots of standing around on that 5 on 3;  could have had a couple too, but pretty much a plodding pplay imho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Completely clueless. 

yes not too swift.  esp when they are just standing around;  let JP take a swing at it;  our pplay is so lousy ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Nope.  Utter stupidity!!

You have the best shot on the team on the bench.  Also a great opportunity to let your rookie really build momentum

That was an opportunity flushed down the toilet

That one PP could have lead to SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much more

Not to mention the current PP is aweful

 

Pure waste of management

I agree on this - a 5 on 3 and he`s not out there. And we pretty much killed it ourselves passing around the perimeter. Lets see how we come out in the third but I`m not holding my breath on this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5-on-3...you don't need a Dman out there...put out a shooter.  Especially as our Dmen can't find the net anyway!

That was a total screw up...they had a commercial timeout to figure things & rest the players....then that's the best we can do?

Woodcroft should be drug tested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

I agree on this - a 5 on 3 and he`s not out there. And we pretty much killed it ourselves passing around the perimeter. Lets see how we come out in the third but I`m not holding my breath on this one. 

Yep and some still say TM is not the problem. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

I agree on this - a 5 on 3 and he`s not out there. And we pretty much killed it ourselves passing around the perimeter. Lets see how we come out in the third but I`m not holding my breath on this one. 

You pick your spots for your rooks

A 5 0n 3 where he could unleash and be a factor is one of them

I laugh watching Laine and Sergachev, then this crap

Hate to say it, but now I'm cheering for the loss. That stuff is inexcusable!!  Especially when that PP is beyond atrocious and you keep forcing the square peg in the round hole

 In my heart I believe that opportunity alone could have catapulted JP's development a half season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mind boggling how this perimeter passing is accepted time after time. Should have been 15 shots instead of 4. I'm not sure how many times i yelled shoot, shoot, shoot in those two minutes, but sad, sad, sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

TM elected to go with experience.  You need experience to stand at attention in a semi-circle that well.

He also elected to put Woodcroft's experience in charge of the special teams.  Seems ALL that experience is what makes us as good as we are ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.