RapierShot

GDT: OILERS VS TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS; SUN DEC 10 @ 5 PM; SN

Yet another eastern team on the schedule - this time, we take on The Centre of the Universe!   This is viewed as a battle of the Numero Unos - Matthews vs McDavid.......Coke vs Pepsi...and the media hype continues.

The Leafs are doing well with a 19-10-1 (39 pts) record, while the Oilers have clawed their way to a 12-15-2 (26 pts) record, after a thorough spanking of the Habs on Saturday.  The Leafs are scoring lots and the Oilers are playing their backup netminder - not a great situation here.  The team just needs to work on puck possession and good zone play...and about 6 hail marys.

Let's get 'er done Oilers!!!!! 

well at least the Leafs are in the same kind of boat as us for this game.   They played yesterday too, in Pittsburgh, so there should be no energy advantage.   These back to backs only bug me when the other team gets to be fresh

21 minutes ago, daffy_duck said:

well at least the Leafs are in the same kind of boat as us for this game.   They played yesterday too, in Pittsburgh, so there should be no energy advantage.   These back to backs only bug me when the other team gets to be fresh

Yes sir, the Leafs had a big game last night, hopefully they are a bit drained;). Matthews may not be 100% so TSN (which I rarely watch on purpose) tells me so.

Imagine winning back to back games on a weekend. One can only dream...

Impressive outing last night, carry it forward please!:)

I have no idea what to think about this game, or any game at this point...Look forward to watching them play though. 2 young exciting teams.

6 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

The game's better if Matthews and McD play....keeps the game interesting. 

We also don't have a starting goaltender or two top defenders.... careful what you wish for haha 

Need to string a few together.  We have the horses to do it.  Just need the confidence.

Go Get 'Em .... this season is going to be pulled back from the brink!!!! I feel it.

21 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

Need to string a few together.  We have the horses to do it.  Just need the confidence.

Go Get 'Em .... this season is going to be pulled back from the brink!!!! I feel it.

Yup... I think we are only like 4 points off the pace from this same point in our season last year.  This team can do it.

If we're going to turn things around, there isn't a better time than right now. I hope McDavid feels he has something to prove, that would be something to see. I would love to see McDavid light it up tonight, kick start the team to a winning spree that puts us back in a play off spot. Then we get our 1st string goalie and 2 top defenders back and hopefully PC pulls a trade that actually really improves the team.

But I'll settle for a win even if we have to scrape by. 

McDavid could of had 5 or 6 points last night, he looks like he’s back in form from all his sickness. JJ on Draisaitl’s line finally, everybody looked good. LB played a heck of a game too, the Leafs are also coming off of a back to back so there’s no excuses tonight. Lets goooooo

44 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Yup... I think we are only like 4 points off the pace from this same point in our season last year.  This team can do it.

Gonna be tough.  Last year there weren't as many teams between us and the playoff bar.  With 32 points at this point last year, there was only one team ahead of us keeping us from the last Wild Card position, and they had the same number of points.  This year its 5 teams.

But still within the realms of the possible without hoping for the massively improbable.  But gotta start right now.  Build confidence.  Strings Wins.  Hope that returning players can step right in at last year's levels.

49 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Oil after 29 gp:

15/16- 12-15-2 =26pts

16/17- 14-11-4 =32pts

17/18- 12-15-2 =26pts

:th_scared:

53 minutes ago, mrtea said:

But I'll settle for a win even if we have to scrape by. 

Me too......like the puck bouncing off Gryba's noggin (behind the forehead) and into the net!...:ph34r:

1 hour ago, bronco73 said:

Not to keep bringing up an "alleged" incident but....Yes Broncs , they can do it!...provided that two guys have "apologized" to each other, have healed and moved on....Only time will tell....B)

6 - 3 for the good guys! McD and PLRV with two goals each...McD 4 pts.....That looks about right!..:rolleyes:

Kazz needs to have a little chat with Kadri,  perhaps before the puck drops...And if he refuses to abide?, maybe  rough him up a little bit!...Time to lay down the law!....B)

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky