The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
dkers77

Trade proposals?

To say this team is inconsistent is an understatement. It's clear they need a bit of a new look, or different chemistry.

Obviouisly all these proposals are not going to happen, if any of them...but this is a team I'd rather ice on a nightly basis.

Klefbom, Slepyshev/Caggulia, & Benning for Ceci & Dzingel (+ ?) - When Sekera is back. RD with skill for us, LD and departing RD for Ottawa. A roster forward whom I believe has a little more scoring touch for us. A roster forward for them. And I believe Davidson makes Benning expendable. 

4th - 2018 for Chad Johnson - an experienced backup for us, Buffalo gets a pick back - a 4th to replace their 5th they recently lost. 

Maroon for Sobotka - once Schwartz is back from IR. Same age, on track for same point total this year. Maroon goes home, and PC gets to right a wrong, when he traded Sobotka for peanuts in 2010. Not sure if Blues do this...but we're likely to lose Big Rig at some point anyway. This seems like a fair trade.

Lines:

Lucic - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Sobotka/Khaira - Draisaitl - Strome

Khaira/Sobotka - Nuge - Dzingel

Camm - Letestu - Kassian

Walker

Nurse - Larsson

Sekera - Ceci

Russell - Davidson

Bear

Talbot

Johnson

1 minute ago, GrooveyAsh said:

LD?

I wouldn't trade McD but LD is a possibility... Nuge and a dman, and that's any dman we've got/they want. I'd do that for sure 

Just now, Messrules11 said:

I wouldn't trade McD but LD is a possibility... Nuge and a dman, and that's any dman we've got/they want. I'd do that for sure 

Even Nurse? Dunno about that. As for Nuge, I don't get all the negativity I see about him on this board. He works hard, is committed to playing a defensively responsible game and now that the offense is coming along, I still see him getting grief. IMO, a player who is a liability defensively yet puts up points adds up to less team wins than vice versa.

18 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Too much

year and a half left on his contract and you cannot renegotiate until this July ( I think). Big risk trading for him 

B)

Maroon Caggs  Letestu Benning Jones Cammalleri Gryba for......

Mackinnon & Barry

7 players for 2; ....this should get us a nibble........:th_shrug:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

4 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

B)

Maroon Caggs  Letestu Benning Jones Cammalleri Gryba for......

Mackinnon & Barry

7 players for 2; ....this should get us a nibble........:th_shrug:

Lol. a nibble I think not

Letestu is willing to waive his "No Trade Clause" provided he's traded to Pittsburgh or St Louis.....He would like to go where they'd appreciate his gifts , and possibly win a Cup...?

1 minute ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Letestu is willing to waive his "No Trade Clause" provided he's traded to Pittsburgh or St Louis.....He would like to go where they'd appreciate his gifts , and possibly win a Cup...?

It's good for new posters to know you're level of insight.

19 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

I actually would take that deal.

I don't think you really mean that ole Fogie ...You'd miss me!....Who would  you have to chase around  to get your jollies off with everthing I say?...:th_shrug:

15 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

It's good for new posters to know you're level of insight.

Come on,  lighten up!....Where's your humour?...:rolleyes:

26 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

I don't think you really mean that ole Fogie ...You'd miss me!....Who would  you have to chase around  to get your jollies off with everthing I say?...:th_shrug:

Come on,  lighten up!....Where's your humour?...:rolleyes:

I'd miss yah. Definitely would not be as entertaining around here. Although I find StromMcD entertaining as well, but in a different way lol. 

Edited by Sharptooth1

7 hours ago, Sharptooth1 said:

Too much

I'm not sure that's too much. We get a guy that plays half the game, remember what Pronger did for this franchise? A legit Norris trophy candidate can do wonders for a team. That being said, my only concern would be getting him to resign long term. Sending Nuge and a dman would free up close to 10M a year, that's roughly what Karlsson will want on a new deal. Imagine having McD and Karlsson on the ice together and both locked up long term... That would be something else:)

3 hours ago, Messrules11 said:

I'm not sure that's too much. We get a guy that plays half the game, remember what Pronger did for this franchise? A legit Norris trophy candidate can do wonders for a team. That being said, my only concern would be getting him to resign long term. Sending Nuge and a dman would free up close to 10M a year, that's roughly what Karlsson will want on a new deal. Imagine having McD and Karlsson on the ice together and both locked up long term... That would be something else:)

Nuge and a dman is fine but you throw LD in the mix I think is too much. It would cripple us at centre

3 minutes ago, Sharptooth1 said:

Nuge and a dman is fine but you throw LD in the mix I think is too much. It would cripple us at centre

I'm not saying a 3 for 1, Ottawa could likely never afford it. Nuge and any dman or LD and say Benning or Russell, Jones or Bear... Anyways, I'm just kicking tires which is what this thread is about

Just now, Messrules11 said:

I'm not saying a 3 for 1, Ottawa could likely never afford it. Nuge and any dman or LD and say Benning or Russell, Jones or Bear... Anyways, I'm just kicking tires which is what this thread is about

Oh I thought you were speaking of the 3. Misunderstood. 

12 hours ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

By the way , Letestu doesn't have a no trade clause . The only players on the roster with NMC are Lucic , Sekera , Russell & Talbot . FYI .

Edited by billpayor

Depends on what C we're deciding to keep between LD and Nuge. Let's go over the top with this lol.
If we keep Nuge then:

LD, Benning, 3rd
For
Mackinnon, Barrie
Plus
Buyout of either Russell or Sekera to afford the extra salary.

If we keep LD then:

Nuge, Benning
For
Seth Jones
This would be the most cost effective.

:th_banana::th_dance::th_banana:

Before anyone talks smack, I know these are both HIGHLY unlikely and EXTREMELY unreasonable, but a guy can dream :P.

44 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

Depends on what C we're deciding to keep between LD and Nuge. Let's go over the top with this lol.
If we keep Nuge then:

LD, Benning, 3rd
For
Mackinnon, Barrie
Plus
Buyout of either Russell or Sekera to afford the extra salary.

If we keep LD then:

Nuge, Benning
For
Seth Jones
This would be the most cost effective.

:th_banana::th_dance::th_banana:

Before anyone talks smack, I know these are both HIGHLY unlikely and EXTREMELY unreasonable, but a guy can dream :P.

Chiarelli needs to save face and bail out his coach at the same time . It's time for him to pull off something HIGHLY unlikely and EXTREMELY unreasonable . As long as it works out to be a reasonably good hockey trade for the teams involved , I'm all for it .

Edited by billpayor

1 hour ago, billpayor said:

By the way , Letestu doesn't have a no trade clause . The only players on the roster with NMC are Lucic , Sekera , Russell & Talbot . FYI .

Oh.:unsure:...been given wrong information then....:blush:.. 

1 hour ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

If we keep Nuge then:

LD, Benning, 3rd
For
Mackinnon, Barrie

I think this trade is doable..:rolleyes:....PC needs to bang on this door until Sakic gets sick and tired of him, opens the door and signs on the dotted line....

LD for Mackinnon straight across sounds reasonable to me....:th_shrug:

How about Mark Fayne (RD) for Petr Mrazek (G)?

Fayne will be a UFA, and no team is likely to offer him anywhere close to the $3.625M that he is currently receiving.

Mrazek will be a RFA without arbitration rights, but no team is going to qualify him at the required $4.15M.

Why Edmonton makes this trade:

The Oilers spend a little of their current Cap Space to add a better backup goaltender to Talbot for the balance of this season.

Brossoit appears to require additional development/experience in the AHL, and I think that he'd clear waivers without any problem..

I know that Edmonton only has $7.1M in Cap Space, and that their Carryover Bonus Overages and Potential Performance Bonuses total $8.55M.

But, I don't anticipate any player (except McDavid) to receive anything close to their maximum bonuses this season, so there should still be around $4M to play with.

Why Detroit does this deal:

The Wings can gain $1.275M in Cap Space; if they bury Fayne in the AHL just like the Oilers are currently doing.

I'm guessing that Detroit is confident that Jared Coreau can step into their NHL backup role for the balance of this season.

34 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

Fayne will be a UFA, and no team is likely to offer him anywhere close to the $3.625M that he is currently receiving.

Mrazek will be a RFA without arbitration rights, but no team is going to qualify him at the required $4.15M.

The Oilers spend a little of their current Cap Space to add a better backup goaltender to Talbot for the balance of this season.

Brossoit appears to require additional development/experience in the AHL, and I think that he'd clear waivers without any problem..

I know that Edmonton only has $7.1M in Cap Space, and that their Carryover Bonus Overages and Potential Performance Bonuses total $8.55M.

But, I don't anticipate any player (except McDavid) to receive anything close to their maximum bonuses this season, so there should still be around $4M to play with.

The Wings can gain $1.275M in Cap Space; if they bury Fayne in the AHL just like the Oilers are currently doing.

I'm guessing that Detroit is confident that Jared Coreau can step into their NHL backup role for the balance of this season.

That would be like getting a back up goaltender for nothing . Very nice .

53 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

If that would work. PC better get on the phone. That's great! as Tony the Tiger would say