The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
dkers77

Trade proposals?

Bare with me...I got this idea from some rambly jambly stuff in another thread and I did some checking in to teams that can afford Lucic

Oilers Lucic + 2019 1st to Nashville for 2019 1st

We'd be trading down 20+ spots in next year's draft but we'd be out of the Lucic deal. Nashville doesn't have a problem until Josi comes up after 2019-2020, and they'd be adding a high first pick to one of the best teams in the league.

6 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Bare with me...I got this idea from some rambly jambly stuff in another thread and I did some checking in to teams that can afford Lucic

Oilers Lucic + 2019 1st to Nashville for 2019 1st

We'd be trading down 20+ spots in next year's draft but we'd be out of the Lucic deal. Nashville doesn't have a problem until Josi comes up after 2019-2020, and they'd be adding a high first pick to one of the best teams in the league.

I don’t think we need to get rid of Lucic that badly do we? I’ll set one up for you to knock down. 

Burakovsky for Puljujarvi and Benning. We get a winger, they get a winger lol

18 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

I don’t think we need to get rid of Lucic that badly do we? I’ll set one up for you to knock down. 

Burakovsky for Puljujarvi and Benning. We get a winger, they get a winger lol

the value for us is that we don't continue to waste the cap in the McD window. And, we're still in the first round so we might get lucky. 

I don't know what the point is to trade a KHL winger for a KHL winger...I guess Benning would be gone?

5 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

the value for us is that we don't continue to waste the cap in the McD window. And, we're still in the first round so we might get lucky. 

I don't know what the point is to trade a KHL winger for a KHL winger...I guess Benning would be gone?

Our first could well be a top 5 pick though. With the lottery draft who knows? I hate his contract but I don’t think any of the 31 teams will bite either.

As for my trade proposal, I don’t see Puli really helping this team and I think his value will only plummet, throw in Benning and maybe Burakovsky surprises 

3 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Our first could well be a top 5 pick though. With the lottery draft who knows? I hate his contract but I don’t think any of the 31 teams will bite either.

As for my trade proposal, I don’t see Puli really helping this team and I think his value will only plummet, throw in Benning and maybe Burakovsky surprises 

Could be a top5, and we could pick a Yak or JP, and we might get a Tanner Pearson, Rickard Rackell, or Brock Nelson at #30. Look at the difference between Monahan and Nurse. Monahan was 6th and Nurse was right after him at #7 in the same draft. It's a crapshoot and we're not very good at it. The chance of us getting a difference maker at 30th isn't that much worse than at #3.

I'd take that chance to be out of the Lucic deal. We would have that player we pick late in the first, our early 2nd, and 6mil of cap space in the McD window

I don't think JP's value can go down much, so if we can trade him for another low value project it's worth the minimal risk. Burakovsky is at 3mil this year, and would require a 10% increased qualifying offer. I'd rather just let the JP deal run out and move on. Good luck to the kid.

3 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Could be a top5, and we could pick a Yak or JP, and we might get a Tanner Pearson, Rickard Rackell, or Brock Nelson at #30. Look at the difference between Monahan and Nurse. Monahan was 6th and Nurse was right after him at #7 in the same draft. It's a crapshoot and we're not very good at it. The chance of us getting a difference maker at 30th isn't that much worse than at #3.

I'd take that chance to be out of the Lucic deal. We would have that player we pick late in the first, our early 2nd, and 6mil of cap space in the McD window

I don't think JP's value can go down much, so if we can trade him for another low value project it's worth the minimal risk. Burakovsky is at 3mil this year, and would require a 10% increased qualifying offer. I'd rather just let the JP deal run out and move on. Good luck to the kid.

You make a very valid point with our draft success. So valid in fact that I’d be willing to trade that pick, 3rd or 30th for a known commodity. I’ll have to do some thinking and research but I’ll be back for another trade proposal for you to shoot down 

5 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

You make a very valid point with our draft success. So valid in fact that I’d be willing to trade that pick, 3rd or 30th for a known commodity. I’ll have to do some thinking and research but I’ll be back for another trade proposal for you to shoot down 

My main point is that we're going to have to be very creative to get out from under Lucic. We really need that cap.

Apparently the Canes are willing to move Hamilton? ...

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-january-6-2019/

If we could somehow do it and remain under the cap (shedding one of our bad contracts) ... Hamilton has a great toolbox.

But even his new home wants to get rid of him as soon as he's arrived, and a mere months after I was openly wondering what the deal is with teams treating him like a hot potato? There's this red flag itch about him that I can't get rid of, even as I love the idea of somebody with his skillset coming on here.

2 minutes ago, SuperDave17 said:

Apparently the Canes are willing to move Hamilton? ...

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-january-6-2019/

If we could somehow do it and remain under the cap (shedding one of our bad contracts) ... Hamilton has a great toolbox.

But even his new home wants to get rid of him as soon as he's arrived, and a mere months after I was openly wondering what the deal is with teams treating him like a hot potato? There's this red flag itch about him that I can't get rid of, even as I love the idea of somebody with his skillset coming on here.

I just don't think we have a piece that we can spare that wouldn't be creating another hole. Our 1st, but that doesn't fit Hamilton under the cap

Jimmy Vesey?

Chris Nichols of Nichols on Hockey: Darren Dreger was on TSN 1260 and was asked about the decline of New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist.

Lundqvist made it clear to the Rangers that he was committed to helping through the rebuild and wanting to be a part of their solution.

“It’s going to be interesting to watch what Jeff Gorton does moving forward here. We’ve heard the names who are out there – the likes of Zuccarello, Hayes is another one. I think that you could probably put half-a-dozen, maybe as many as 10 players on a trade list, and Gorton would consider moving those pieces.”

Paul Gackle of The Mercury News: (mailbag) There should be a legitimate concern for the San Jose Sharks about the play of goaltender Martin Jones. The Sharks are dead last in save percentage and Jones is 28th in save percentage at 0.897 among goalie with at least 20 appearances.

If their goaltending doesn’t improve they could call up an AHL goalie – likely Josef Korenar over Antoine Bibeau.

The more likely option would be try packaging Aaron Dell in a deal for a veteran goalie before the trade deadline.

3 hours ago, kalcoach said:

Nurse, Klefbom and Talbot

for

Pietrangelo, Allen and Nolan

Second deal

JP, Benson and

Allen is awful. Has been for years.

I get that Piet is better than either of our guys, but he's the same $$ as Nurse and Klef now, and I'd guess Piet is looking for a raise

22 hours ago, Messrules11 said:

Could be a Nuge...one of our better picks, and still could have been better

Most goals scored from 2011 NHL Draft: (Pick) 1. Landeskog- 2 - 168 2. Kucherov- 58- 167 3. Saad- 43- 137 4. Scheifele- 7- 135 5. Nug-Hopkins 1- 133

On 1/7/2019 at 10:18 PM, Fogolin2 said:

My main point is that we're going to have to be very creative to get out from under Lucic. We really need that cap.

It’s not going to happen. There isn’t one GM in the league that will touch that contract. He has to be bought out or he plays. We could press box him every game until he decides to waive his clauses but even then no one wants him. So we buy him out, sucks but the bright spot is the cap rises every year so it’s a trade-off there. 

Simmonds? No thanks, he’s already 30 and trending down

Hamilton? No thanks, appears to be a cancer in the room and that can be worse than bad on ice play.

Pieterangelo? Ha, dream on

The Rangers? Lots of possibilities there. They want to get younger and we need guys now so as not to waste the McDavid years. Hayes looks like a good option, he’s 26, hovers around 50pts and he’s a big center. Needs a new contract next year and that’s a problem. Vesey? He’s really a top 9 guy and we have enough of those guys. Kreider I still like but he will cost a big return, Nuge at least. 

Trading our first overall pick:

need to dump salary first, get rid of Rieder, Spooner, Manning, Benning, Petrovic, Kassian. Rangers are said to be interested in Kassian. Petro and Rieder can walk so that leaves Spooner  Manning and Benning  Won’t be easy to trade them but hope for picks coming back.

Finally we have room to trade our 1st round pick because this franchise is too inept to draft well. I look for a winger with this pick, who fits the bill I still don’t know.

Goalies? I dunno but these two guys aren’t leading us anywhere. 

Defence: I have Klefbom, Larsson, Nurse and Bouchard as keepers. Russell stays only cuz his contract can’t be moved. That’s 5. We have Jones, Bear and maybe we keep Gravel too. Still need a true top 2 guy but it won’t happen so hope for a top 4 in free agency.

Still muddy I know. Need a goalie a elite winger, a top 6 winger and atleast a top 4 D... not impossible... unless your Chiarelli 

What would it take to pry Kadri out of Toronto? The Leafs are headed into cap hell and there is no way they keep that entire roster together.

Either of these guys would be an upgrade for our wing. Gotta be in on them, but depending on price...

TSN: Pierre LeBrun: Micheal Ferland is available, but it doesn’t mean that the Carolina Hurricanes will trade him. He’s a pending UFA and the Hurricanes don’t want to lose him for nothing. They will likely sign him or trade him before the deadline. The two sides haven’t spoken in over a month.

Bruins could be interested in Schenn 

TSN: Pierre LeBrun notes that the St. Louis Blues will likely be sellers at the trade deadline and that the Boston Bruins could be interested in forward Brayden Schenn.

Edited by Fogolin2

11 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Boone Jenner out of  Columbus for 

Tobias Reider & Matt Benning . 

And............?

1 hour ago, billpayor said:

Boone Jenner out of  Columbus for 

Tobias Reider & Matt Benning . 

Everyone here yowls about how awful Benning is. Why does Colimbus do this deal?

1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

Everyone here yowls about how awful Benning is. Why does Colimbus do this deal?

I saw Benning make a good play yesterday.....does that count?

1 hour ago, mrtea said:

I saw Benning make a good play yesterday.....does that count?

hahahaaa..it's like every time Yak scored a goal, I'd wake up the next day hoping he'd been traded at that peak of his value

4 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

hahahaaa..it's like every time Yak scored a goal, I'd wake up the next day hoping he'd been traded at that peak of his value

I'd bring him back on a PTO next year.

14 hours ago, Yuke said:

I'd bring him back on a PTO next year.

I doubt he's interested. If he was, he'd be in the NHL

46 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

I doubt he's interested. If he was, he'd be in the NHL

I would be surprised if anyone guaranteed NHL only

4 hours ago, Yuke said:

I would be surprised if anyone guaranteed NHL only

I just think the NHL is too hard for him, and he doesn't want to do the work. 

He had the talent and the tools to be at least an effective NHLer. I think it didn't happen because he didn't want to work to excel. Kind of like what I think we're seeing with JP...awesome player when he's the biggest and best but when he gets to a level where everyone is that good, it can go a little sideways.

As Mike Tyson said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

17 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

I just think the NHL is too hard for him, and he doesn't want to do the work. 

He had the talent and the tools to be at least an effective NHLer. I think it didn't happen because he didn't want to work to excel. Kind of like what I think we're seeing with JP...awesome player when he's the biggest and best but when he gets to a level where everyone is that good, it can go a little sideways.

As Mike Tyson said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face"

Lately I'm seeing a much different side to Puljujarvi. His biggest complaint against him has been he didn't know where to go without the puck. Recently I've made a point of watching him and I've been seeing a kid chip the puck off the boards to set up a scoring play, chase down the puck carrier and then strip the puck setting up a scoring chance. He's been digging and forechecking without the puck just like we wanted him to. Now that he turning things around in his game, why don't I hear anyone acknowledge his efforts.

This is not the Puljujarvi people have been complaining about, this is a kid who is starting to finally get and I'm not ready cut ties with him just yet. There is a pile of players that I will endorse leaving the Oilers before we get to Puljujarvi. 

3 minutes ago, mrtea said:

Lately I'm seeing a much different side to Puljujarvi. His biggest complaint against him has been he didn't know where to go without the puck. Recently I've made a point of watching him and I've been seeing a kid chip the puck off the boards to set up a scoring play, chase down the puck carrier and then strip the puck setting up a scoring chance. He's been digging and forechecking without the puck just like we wanted him to. Now that he turning things around in his game, why don't I hear anyone acknowledge his efforts.

This is not the Puljujarvi people have been complaining about, this is a kid who is starting to finally get and I'm not ready cut ties with him just yet. There is a pile of players that I will endorse leaving the Oilers before we get to Puljujarvi. 

I'm not watching specifically until he grabs my attention. I haven't noticed him much lately so he must be improving, or getting less minutes

I like those all proposals...just always when we trade someone out...we are getting weaker, but player who we trade out of Oilers in next season step up to other level.
Maybe we just need to stop thinking about trading someone,but start to think how to make every asset what we have better to make Oilers better.
If half of the team is on suitcases for trade...it's not easy for players,not easy for teammates (for McDavid,Draisaitl,Nurse,Russel,Larson,etc.).
Everyone is stressed out,everyone step down of they potential.
So sad that February 25th is so far...after all moves will be done and Oilers will be team,not just trade post.

and then they will start to play and win...

Are You guys dumping wife and husbands/family after some bad moment?
then why we are dumping our players,our team after some bad games?