Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
SuperDave17

Managing the Cap - 2018/2019 edition

Recommended Posts

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-new-seattle-nhl-team-to-join-oilers-division/c-302587282

Well here we go. We sent Bouch down so that we would not have to protect him but thought Seattle would be 2020 not 2021 so that may affect things.

Rules are all there, if anyone has any good projections based on our roster as to whom we will have to protect and NOT have to protect would be good to have some insight.

From what I can see if Bouch plays next year in 2019 and the following year in 2020, that would be 2 years as a pro but unsure about the amount of games played if that depends or not. He may be exempt?

Spooner, Brodz and Kass will be UFA

Cags, Zykov, Benning, Nurse will be RFA

Nuge, Russell, Lars and Sekera will be in the final years of their contracts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WindsorOiler said:

https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/blog-new-seattle-nhl-team-to-join-oilers-division/c-302587282

Well here we go. We sent Bouch down so that we would not have to protect him but thought Seattle would be 2020 not 2021 so that may affect things.

Rules are all there, if anyone has any good projections based on our roster as to whom we will have to protect and NOT have to protect would be good to have some insight.

From what I can see if Bouch plays next year in 2019 and the following year in 2020, that would be 2 years as a pro but unsure about the amount of games played if that depends or not. He may be exempt?

Spooner, Brodz and Kass will be UFA

Cags, Zykov, Benning, Nurse will be RFA

Nuge, Russell, Lars and Sekera will be in the final years of their contracts

It's pretty far out to be projecting, but as of right now we only have 4 players under contract for that first season. Leon, McD, Klef, and Lucic.

Looch has a NMC so he's one of our protected, unless he waives. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

It's pretty far out to be projecting, but as of right now we only have 4 players under contract for that first season. Leon, McD, Klef, and Lucic.

Looch has a NMC so he's one of our protected, unless he waives. 

 

So far after some digging, can look ahead a little bit

We won't need to protect Bouch, sending him down was the right move. 2nd year pro after 2020 season.

Sek and Russell do not have to be protected. Pending UFA's the next year and their NMC/modified NMC works in our favor

Sending Bouch down also means it might be preferable to go the 7-3-1 route, more players can be protected

One disadvantage Luc will have to be protected (unless he waives his NMC but doubt it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 420since1974 said:

I expect that Lucic will be bought out before Seattle makes their choices.

There's no savings to buy him out, we can save some if it's a compliance buyout. But it will cost us for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 420since1974 said:

I expect that Lucic will be bought out before Seattle makes their choices.

6 mil is pocket change these days. Ride it out and ask him to waive if the chance arrives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×