The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Dikbag

UFA Proposals

Unless they offer a contract the team that holds the players rights can't or don't match, I don't see a point. 

I kind of get raising a price, like what Calgary did. When the team will match no matter what.

Edited by toley

3 hours ago, Blackhawk216 said:

Last two seasons (in a better team with very good players around him)....Laine 164 games, 120 pts, -16.

RNH (with more defensive responsibility)..... 144 games, 117 pts, -3.

Just saying. 😎

Nuge has been paid 38mil, Laine less than 3mil

Just sayin

fogmetal2_zpsb2d99c8a.png

3 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

Laine is gonna get between 8 and 11mil.

Just sayin

Paid Nuge 20+mil to not be a center and be a passenger winger to the best player on the planet

1 minute ago, Fogolin2 said:

Paid Nuge 20+mil to not be a center and be a passenger winger to the best player on the planet

He's played even strength C a lot more often than not since McDavid was drafted...

3 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

He's played even strength C a lot more often than not since McDavid was drafted...

career year stats as the 3rd best player on the team. For 20+mil dollars.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/moving-nugent-hopkins-mcdavids-wing-huge-success/

thrilled to be a passenger

Edited by Fogolin2

16 hours ago, Telly-Belly said:

Nug has more than double the years experience on Laine (7 to 3). Comparing them is a little unfair.

Just sayin ;)

The Jets aren't exactly pounding on Laine's door to sign him though are they?   Has to be a reason for that don't you think?

1 minute ago, billpayor said:

Is it Nuge , or is it Leon that's the most thrilled ?

Nuge will never scare 50 goals, no matter who he plays with

1 hour ago, Blackhawk216 said:

The Jets aren't exactly pounding on Laine's door to sign him though are they?   Has to be a reason for that don't you think?

LOL. Good one.

1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

Nuge will never scare 50 goals, no matter who he plays with

Leon must have been thrilled . They should park Nuge on McDavid's wing and let Leon be the full time second line center . Trade places and see how things go .

1 hour ago, Blackhawk216 said:

What's with all these young entitled hockey players ?  It's become an epidemic . 

Edited by billpayor

9 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Leon must have been thrilled . They should park Nuge on McDavid's wing and let Leon be the full time second line center . Trade places and see how things go .

26 of Nuge's 69 points came on the PP. How many of those do you think McD had a hand in? 

Why do you think Nuge put up career numbers last year? Late bloomer in his 8th season?

3 minutes ago, billpayor said:

What's with all these young entitled hockey players ?  It's become an epidemic . 

He didn't score a tonne last year, and that seems to have exposed the rest of his game. Very weird dynamic going on in everything I've read about it.

12 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

26 of Nuge's 69 points came on the PP. How many of those do you think McD had a hand in? 

Why do you think Nuge put up career numbers last year? Late bloomer in his 8th season?

He didn't score a tonne last year, and that seems to have exposed the rest of his game. Very weird dynamic going on in everything I've read about it.

Maybe you could find out how many of Leon's goals McDavid had a hand in ? 

I wonder how Leon put up career numbers last year ?

I also wonder how long it would take for Leon to get a big pout on if he was not playing with Connor ?

And you got to wonder about those Finn's . OH those FINN"S .

Edited by billpayor

20 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Maybe you could find out how many of Leon's goals McDavid had a hand in ? 

I wonder how Leon put up career numbers last year ?

I also wonder how long it would take for Leon to get a big pout on if he was not playing with Connor ?

And you got to wonder about those Finn's . OH those FINN"S .

The stats in the article I linked say that, by far, most of Leon's points were  affected by McD. Why are you so fired up about this? 

Nuge put career points because he's on the PP with McD and Leon and, at even strength, he's not matched up against the top level opposition. He's a good 2nd tier player. 

Would Leon pout? I wouldn't assume that.

What are you saying about Finns?

1 hour ago, billpayor said:

Personally I think the Toronto GM (can't recall his name) has a lot to answer for when he capitulated to Nylander, who is probably the weakest of "these young entitled hockey players" but who won the battle so to speak v his GM.

Now the much bigger problem of Marner lies in front of the same GM to solve.    As the saying goes, you made your bed, now go lie in it.

Connor and Leon are looking absolute bargains now at a total annual outlay of 21m for the next several seasons.   We have a base there for success that is financially manageable  with two of the top NHL scorers, (plus a GM who has a clue) and once we unload some of the deadwood in the next one/two years, surely we will be play off if not even Stanley Cup contenders. 

Edited by Blackhawk216

3 hours ago, Blackhawk216 said:

Personally I think the Toronto GM (can't recall his name) has a lot to answer for when he capitulated to Nylander, who is probably the weakest of "these young entitled hockey players" but who won the battle so to speak v his GM.

Now the much bigger problem of Marner lies in front of the same GM to solve.    As the saying goes, you made your bed, now go lie in it.

Connor and Leon are looking absolute bargains now at a total annual outlay of 21m for the next several seasons.   We have a base there for success that is financially manageable  with two of the top NHL scorers, (plus a GM who has a clue) and once we unload some of the deadwood in the next one/two years, surely we will be play off if not even Stanley Cup contenders. 

speaking of Toronto and Dubas, and weird stuff in general

H3eNLunE_bigger.jpg

Reports are accurate the Marner camp has had discussions with Zurich. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go there to train in early Sept. Dubas and Ferris met last week. Positive talks, but no progress.

7 hours ago, Blackhawk216 said:

The minute Dubas signed Tavares, a co-worker ran into my office to tell me. My immediate reaction was big mistake! He's got all those kids to sign...Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Gardiner, etc...My second reaction was this wont end well for Kadri. A legitmate 2nd line 30 goal scoring center is going to get his mins cut...

I swear these were my inititial reactions to the news just shared by my friend...at the time. 

I must say Dubas has suprised me somewhat in what hes been able to do since...Bringing in Barrie, and signing Kapanen/Johnsson to reasonable contracts, etc. But he brought the whole Nylander/Marner fiasco on himself...

Needless to say, I wouldnt have signed Tavares...and signed the stars I drafted and developed to that point, on likely better contracts at the time...

And thats not revisionist. I actually said it at the time. 

48 minutes ago, dkers77 said:

The minute Dubas signed Tavares, a co-worker ran into my office to tell me. My immediate reaction was big mistake! He's got all those kids to sign...Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Gardiner, etc...My second reaction was this wont end well for Kadri. A legitmate 2nd line 30 goal scoring center is going to get his mins cut...

I swear these were my inititial reactions to the news just shared by my friend...at the time. 

I must say Dubas has suprised me somewhat in what hes been able to do since...Bringing in Barrie, and signing Kapanen/Johnsson to reasonable contracts, etc. But he brought the whole Nylander/Marner fiasco on himself...

Needless to say, I wouldnt have signed Tavares...and signed the stars I drafted and developed to that point, on likely better contracts at the time...

And thats not revisionist. I actually said it at the time. 

I actually thought that Tavares was a good addition, but I've never thought of him as a top 20 player in the league so I was BLOWN AWAY by the money he got. I suspected it would throw the whole thing in to chaos but I didn't know how. It's become a disaster.

27 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Sounds like Brassard is going to be an Oiler.

1.5m or less please and thanks?

I doubt Holland would sign him for more than that. Hopefully 1M with performance bonuses.

18 minutes ago, BL4NKF4CE said:

I doubt Holland would sign him for more than that. Hopefully 1M with performance bonuses.

It's Edmonton, but we can hope that we're his only option.