The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sharptooth1

2018-2019 Prediction Pool

I was wondering what some of your thoughts are on the upcoming seasons predictions thread. I was thinking of changing it up a little. 

10 game sets instead of 7. The remaining 2 games will be used as a tie breaker where you have to choose in each game the total goals scored(this is only for the final 2 games).

7 PTS for the exactor

4 PTS for the right points

2 PTS for closest to if the above 2 are not achieved.

my thoughts are that the ten game sets will be better for those of us that are busy. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Edit: Im hoping that when everyone submits their prediction they can do it for me like this as it will make putting it all together much easier. Type your name and then your prediction(see example below) This way I can copy and paste as it will make it less likely for a mistake to happen. But with me you never know, I can mix things up very easily lol.

example: 

Sharptooth 7-2-1 = 15 PTS  

Sharpie

Hey and Bronco please pin me lol  

Edited by Sharptooth1

4 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Sharpie is off his rocker ladies and gents!!! 7 wins!?

JT- 5-4-1

You remind me of Mr. perfect you did that prediction so good. That was just an example. My prediction will have more wins then that lol. I haven’t even looked at the schedule yet. 

Edited by Sharptooth1

I can tell everybody one thing, I can’t wait for this flipping season to start. I’m going through some serious withdrawals. 

What took you so long Broncs. Lol. I probably annoyed you last year asking for it to get pinned you didn’t want to waste any time this year. 

Edited by Sharptooth1

l

40 minutes ago, Sharptooth1 said:

I was wondering what some of your thoughts are on the upcoming seasons predictions thread. I was thinking of changing it up a little. 

10 game sets instead of 7. The remaining 2 games will be used as a tie breaker where you have to choose in each game the total goals scored(this is only for the final 2 games).

7 PTS for the exactor

2 PTS for closest to if the above 2 are not achieved.

my thoughts are that the ten game sets will be better for those of us that are busy. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Edit: Im hoping that when everyone submits their prediction they can do it for me like this as it will make putting it all together much easier. Type your name and then your prediction(see example below) This way I can copy and paste as it will make it less likely for a mistake to happen. But with me you never know, I can mix things up very easily lol.

example: 

Sharptooth 7-2-1 = 15 PTS  

Sharpie

Hey and Bronco please pin me lol  

or you could do 5 game sets with the final two games as your tie breaker as well?  either 8 10 game sets or 16 5 game sets, works out the same in the end.  I just think it might keep people on the ball with making their predictions.  With 10 game sets there could be long enough time between predictions where some people may forget to come to the thread and make their next predictions?  That being said,  either way works for me, it'll be a blast (especially if the Oil are winning lol)

1 minute ago, bronco73 said:

l

or you could do 5 game sets with the final two games as your tie breaker as well?  either 8 10 game sets or 16 5 game sets, works out the same in the end.  I just think it might keep people on the ball with making their predictions.  With 10 game sets there could be long enough time between predictions where some people may forget to come to the thread and make their next predictions?  That being said,  either way works for me, it'll be a blast (especially if the Oil are winning lol)

I actually like that idea of 16-5 game sets myself. You are an absolute genius!

Just now, Sharptooth1 said:

I actually like that idea of 16-5 game sets myself. You are an absolute genius!

well not to toot my own horn, but I did get 65% on a math quiz once in grade school ;)

Just now, bronco73 said:

well not to toot my own horn, but I did get 65% on a math quiz once in grade school ;)

Now that’s what I call impressive. 

31 minutes ago, johnnyterrible said:

Sharpie is off his rocker ladies and gents!!! 7 wins!?

JT- 5-4-1

So JT you forgot to put the equal sign and amount of PTS, so I take back my Mr. Perfect comment. Under Broncos new idea your prediction would be

JT 2.5-2-.5 = 5.5 PTS 

see Bronco I’m no slouch at math either  

does that work for you JT?

Edited by Sharptooth1

1 hour ago, Sharptooth1 said:

You remind me of Mr. perfect you did that prediction so good. That was just an example. My prediction will have more wins then that lol. I haven’t even looked at the schedule yet. 

Wow! OMG! I love Mr. perfect.  What a great reference!!   To this day I cannot  spit out a piece of gum in a civilized manner without doing this...

giphy.gif

Haha funny stuff!

I predict Tigers over Canes! Oilers make playoffs! Happy goes full season without a time-out from the mods! :th_banana:

I'm ok with whatever amount of games per set Sharpie. 10 seems long. 5 seems short. 7 makes sense to me. :P

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

40 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Haha funny stuff!

I predict Tigers over Canes! Oilers make playoffs! Happy goes full season without a time-out from the mods! :th_banana:

I'm ok with whatever amount of games per set Sharpie. 10 seems long. 5 seems short. 7 makes sense to me. :P

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

Going to the Tigers/Canes game. You really do drink the koolaid if you think the Tigers stand a chance lol. 

On 8/26/2018 at 9:52 PM, Sharptooth1 said:

I can tell everybody one thing, I can’t wait for this flipping season to start. I’m going through some serious withdrawals. 

Amen to this. 

I’m going to go with 4-4-2

52 minutes ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Amen to this. 

Hey bro. Hope you had a good summer. Nice to see you back. 

53 minutes ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Amen to this. 

Also not sure how many games we are going to do. I will let everyone know in the next few weeks 

3 hours ago, Sharptooth1 said:

Hey bro. Hope you had a good summer. Nice to see you back. 

Also not sure how many games we are going to do. I will let everyone know in the next few weeks 

I did thank you. Hope you did as well. It feels nice being back :)

Ok. I am excited to get this going again!

1 minute ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

I did thank you. Hope you did as well. It feels nice being back :)

Ok. I am excited to get this going again!

Yah summer was great other then all the smoke. 

I can’t wait and I know this next month or so is gonna drag on. 

I like the 5 game set myself - as like Bronco said you leave it too long people could forget or put predictions in early if they are unable to go online (with injuries and what not). 

Thanks for setting this up again Sharpie - hopefully I'll have more to look forward to then this thread :)

6 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

I like the 5 game set myself - as like Bronco said you leave it too long people could forget or put predictions in early if they are unable to go online (with injuries and what not). 

Thanks for setting this up again Sharpie - hopefully I'll have more to look forward to then this thread :)

? I think I’m going to go with the 5 game sets this year. Sorry HH, it’d Be nice to try something a little different. I will decide by Friday of this week, so if anybody else has any suggestions before Friday would be great.  And yes I hope there is plenty more to look forward to this season. I think there will be as it cannot get much worse then last season. 

2 hours ago, Sharptooth1 said:

? I think I’m going to go with the 5 game sets this year. Sorry HH, it’d Be nice to try something a little different. I will decide by Friday of this week, so if anybody else has any suggestions before Friday would be great.  And yes I hope there is plenty more to look forward to this season. I think there will be as it cannot get much worse then last season. 

No sweat Sharpie, I like new things too!

With 5 game sets we might see a few more ties but that should just make more competitive.

The burning question: Will the 18/19 Oilers look like the 16/17 Oilers or more like the 17/18 Oilers? Stay tuned folks....

Happy Happy if you would like to take the prediction pool back over as you are the creator, it’s all good with me. 

1 minute ago, HappyHappy said:

No sweat Sharpie, I like new things too!

With 5 game sets we might see a few more ties but that should just make more competitive.

The burning question: Will the 18/19 Oilers look like the 16/17 Oilers or more like the 17/18 Oilers? Stay tuned folks....

See above

2 minutes ago, Sharptooth1 said:

Happy Happy if you would like to take the prediction pool back over as you are the creator, it’s all good with me. 

See above

No sir, you do a fine job, better then me! This is your baby now.?

5 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

No sir, you do a fine job, better then me! This is your baby now.?

I doubt that but am more then happy to carry on. 

5 games makes it easier to guess the correct outcome. Personally, I would like 8 game sets with the last two being 9 games. 

25 minutes ago, Yuke said:

5 games makes it easier to guess the correct outcome. Personally, I would like 8 game sets with the last two being 9 games. 

Lol we’re all over the map. Thank you for your input. I was thinking that of the 5 game set as well. There will be a lot of the same predickies. I will consider this as well. Anyone else want to chime in?

43 minutes ago, Yuke said:

If I recall last year we had VERY few people actually guess a correct outcome.  At least with 5 games we have a better chance to get it right and accumulate some points lol!

20 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

If I recall last year we had VERY few people actually guess a correct outcome.  At least with 5 games we have a better chance to get it right and accumulate some points lol!

That’s a good point. It might create more interest because of the close race it would be. Your a genius sometimes. Not often though lol. 

Thought we would go with this recommendation this year and switch it up some. When you put in your prediction can we do it like this and only one set at a time, with some exceptions(holidays etc.) Please type your name, prediction and point total.

Example: Sharptooth 2-2-1 = 5 pts

5 game sets instead of 7. The remaining 2 games will be used as a tie breaker where you have to choose in each game the total goals scored(this is only for the final 2 games).

7 PTS for the exactor

2 PTS for closest to if the above 2 are not achieved

Can't wait for the season to start!!