The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sharptooth1

2018-2019 Prediction Pool

Trying to stay positive  - playoffs AND PC gets fired (hey the Raptors fired their coach of the year before he won the thing lol).

So... 4 - 0 - 1 for 9 points (we need them).

Well, it seems fitting that our resident Flames reporter gets the win after that debacle against the Yotes. I won't congratulate you, but well done 420.

Next set...

Sabres

@Canucks

Flames

Hurricanes

Wings

So far, picks for the next set

Bronco 2-2-1

Ellis 4-1-0

Fog2 3-1-1

ElCid 1-4-0

Yuke 4-1-0

BroLo 0-5-0

Virginia 3-1-1

C2G 5-0-0

OJF 4-0-1

Oiler8 3-2-0

• Thanks 1

When a situation is incomprehensible you may need to think outside the box, so here are my conclusions to the enigma that are the Edmonton Oilers?

Why does DK stick with the Red Wine Summit; Because these are his childhood idols, and by employing them, they have no choice but to meet or take his calls.

Why did the Oilers hire Bob Nicholson; Because the city had given them a new arena and they needed someone to create a burger for them. Plus, his latest forensic audit exposed a suite attendant skimming tips, and a parking attendant taking loose change from peoples cars.

Why did the Red Wine Summit hire Peter Chiarelli; Because they knew that for every bottle of "Yellow Tail" they gave him, he would give them a "Montrachet", or that if they gave him one bottle, he would offer two or three in return.

Why do the Oilers refuse to surround their generational talent Connor McDavid with anything resembling an NHL roster; This one kind stumps me, but maybe it's because a rose in a field of flowers somehow just get's lost, but a rose in a field of dirt really stands out!

3 minutes ago, thekiltedzombie said:

Oops, sorry put it in the wrong thread...now I feel like such an Oiler!

LOL don’t worry, absolute failure is acceptable, and encouraged.  Be careful or you will get a promotion.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:03 AM, OilyJetFan said:

Trying to stay positive  - playoffs AND PC gets fired (hey the Raptors fired their coach of the year before he won the thing lol).

So... 4 - 0 - 1 for 9 points (we need them).

I'm sticking with my prediciton, don't get me wrong, but I should've said 0 - 4 - 1 for ONE point. I had no idea Connor McDavid was sick! Now I know why we lost to Arizona. 

Almost forgot.

3-2-0 = 6pts.

Congrats 420 on last set, well done!

Edited by HappyHappy
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

. I had no idea Connor McDavid was sick! Now I know why we lost to Arizona. 

So, they're slapping him like a rented mule to go out and perform, even though hes sick!?.....It'd be interesting to see the team play without him, could be good comedy...:ph34r:

Game List 46-50

vs Sabres WIN

@ Canucks 

vs Flames

vs Hurricanes

vs Wings

C2G 5-0-0 = 10pts

OJF 4-0-1 = 9pts

Ellis/Yuke/Sharpie 4-1-0 = 8pts

Foggy/VO 3-1-1 = 7pts

O8/Happy 3-2-0 = 6pts

bronco 2-2-1 = 5pts

420 2-3-0 = 4pts

ElCid 1-4-0 = 2pts

BroLo 0-5-0 = 0pts OUT

Thought I'd do a lil thread maintenance here (with some help from Fogs above) while Sharpie is away and I have some time, hope all is well with him. Also, I put him down for 4-1-0 bc I think that's what he would have predicted. He'll be back soon enough I'm sure and he can change it if he likes, afaic he gets a one game free late pass for putting this all together for us.:)

• Thanks 1

LEADER BOARD:

ELLIS 16 PTS

420 16 PTS

HAPPY 14 PTS

O8 9 PTS

YUKE 8 PTS

C2G 7 PTS

WINDSOR 7 PTS

FOGGY 7 PTS

SHARPIE 7 PTS

OJF 2 PTS

Edited by HappyHappy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

Thought I'd do a lil thread maintenance here (with some help from Fogs above) while Sharpie is away and I have some time, hope all is well with him. Also, I put him down for 4-1-0 bc I think that's what he would have predicted. He'll be back soon enough I'm sure and he can change it if he likes, afaic he gets a one game free late pass for putting this all together for us.:)

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

LEADER BOARD:

Thanks for picking my slack fellas. Lets keep er on the rails until the Conducter gets back.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:37 AM, HappyHappy said:

Game List 46-50

vs Sabres WIN

@ Canucks WIN

vs Flames

vs Hurricanes

vs Wings

C2G 5-0-0 = 10pts

OJF 4-0-1 = 9pts

Ellis/Yuke/Sharpie 4-1-0 = 8pts

Foggy/VO 3-1-1 = 7pts

O8/Happy 3-2-0 = 6pts

bronco 2-2-1 = 5pts

420 2-3-0 = 4pts

ElCid 1-4-0 = 2pts  OUT

BroLo 0-5-0 = 0pts OUT

Just updating...

1 hour ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

You know im taking this segment right?...:th_hockey20player:

If we bring the pain on Saturday night for BoA, then I will happily agree with you. 

We should have a side pool on scuffles that night. I’m thinking Kassian will be on the first line. 

Edited by VirginiaOiler

7 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

Did not realize that the Flames will be b2b, and 3in4, at Edmonton on Saturday. 

Gotta take advantage in these spots

Yep, prime conditions for us to blow it lol. Seriously though, it's the BoA, they'll be just as ready to go as we are. I'm sure punching a hole in our playoff hopes is plenty motivation for the Flames to show up for this one, not to mention they're battling to hold on to the top spot in the Western Conference. Man I hope we crush them.

Nice to see the Wild and Stars both lost last night. Quite the logjam in the West for those wildcard spots and 3rd place in the Central. Aside from maybe L.A. and Chicago we have 8 teams battling for 3 spots. Parity, ol Gary must be happy.

2 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

Yep, prime conditions for us to blow it lol. Seriously though, it's the BoA, they'll be just as ready to go as we are. I'm sure punching a hole in our playoff hopes is plenty motivation for the Flames to show up for this one, not to mention they're battling to hold on to the top spot in the Western Conference. Man I hope we crush them.

Nice to see the Wild and Stars both lost last night. Quite the logjam in the West for those wildcard spots and 3rd place in the Central. Aside from maybe L.A. and Chicago we have 8 teams battling for 3 spots. Parity, ol Gary must be happy.

I love it. How exciting was that mid-january, Wednesday night game against Vancouver? I was living and dying when Nurse pulled it off the line, and Drai had that breakaway in OT. 

It is pretty fun to be watching games that really matter

35 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

I love it. How exciting was that mid-january, Wednesday night game against Vancouver? I was living and dying when Nurse pulled it off the line, and Drai had that breakaway in OT. 

It is pretty fun to be watching games that really matter

Yup it was a pretty wild game and we may have stolen a win there hehe. They don't ask how, just how many!:)

Awesome to be watching meaningful games at this point, if we can go into the break in a playoff position I'll be a happy camper. It's gonna be a dogfight right till April.

5 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Yup it was a pretty wild game and we may have stolen a win there hehe. They don't ask how, just how many!:)

Awesome to be watching meaningful games at this point, if we can go into the break in a playoff position I'll be a happy camper. It's gonna be a dogfight right till April.

We're showing some resiliency after losing Klef and Russel, and the non-McD scoring seems to be shaping up. Put a few more points in the box, get the 10 day(!) break, get Klef back, and sprint for the playoffs!! Gonna be fun!!

19 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

20 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

Hi guys. Just wanted to say thanx for holding the fort down for me. I appreciate it!