The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
bronco73

Oilers Rotisserie league

Just wondering if anybody here would be interested in joining a rotisserie league?  It's a bit different than the fantasy leagues.  You pick your players in a draft format, and for each position played you collect points for each category, and it gets weighted against all other teams in the league to arrive at your totals for each day... there's a trick though, each position is only allowed a certain number of appearances per season so you have to watch your games played closely.  The great thing about this type of league is you play against everybody on every night, and you can have unlimited numbers of teams in it.

I'll be happy to start one up if we get any interest, they are Yahoo ones just like the other fantasy leagues so it will be easy peasy.  I'll put my name in the hat as one who would like to join first ;)

Bronco

OPF

HappyHappy

Superdave

Nocchi

Rekkin74

Edited by bronco73

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

58 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Pondering the idea. 3 pools is a lot though!

nah I was in like 5 last year.  this one is just as quick or even quicker to run than the head to head ones are

BTW you don't get a choice... you are in ;)

Edited by bronco73

brocomud.JPG

8 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

nah I was in like 5 last year.  this one is just as quick or even quicker to run than the head to head ones are

BTW you don't get a choice... you are in ;)

Hah! Alllllllllrighty then!

:th_wave:

image.png

awesome we have four!  let's get at least 8 to make it a challenge... here's the address:

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/35777/invitation?key=3f363b29db79f664&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=06008fae75ba4d40

happy i can't send you an invite because your email address in yahoo is hidden

brocomud.JPG

On 9/11/2018 at 11:23 AM, bronco73 said:

... there's a trick though, each position is only allowed a certain number of appearances per season so you have to watch your games played closely.

@bronco73

I'm not sure I understand this statement though. I understand that rotisserie leagues involve non-cumulative scoring, with the idea of as much as possible holding the leads in categories until the end of the season, which is what got me interested in the first place.

I'm unsure about your statement that I quoted, as I didn't find the mention of any limitation on position appearances in the yahoo rules.

4 hours ago, bronco73 said:

awesome we have four!  let's get at least 8 to make it a challenge... here's the address:

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/35777/invitation?key=3f363b29db79f664&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=06008fae75ba4d40

happy i can't send you an invite because your email address in yahoo is hidden

Hey bronc, just clicked on the link you provided and it recognized me (from the other pools I presume?) so it looks like I'm in there. They even gave me a team name.... "Kdawg's Nifty Team" LOL. I'm gonna stick with it for now haha.

*I'll have to dig into the rules as well, this is a new format for me?! Looks like a standard league as opposed to banger at first glance.

Maybe we can get those that are on waiting lists for other pools in here too, we can learn together.:P

Edit) btw love the avi bronc. #HumboldtStrong indeed. 

Edited by HappyHappy
  • Haha 1

image.png

5 hours ago, SuperDave17 said:

@bronco73

I'm not sure I understand this statement though. I understand that rotisserie leagues involve non-cumulative scoring, with the idea of as much as possible holding the leads in categories until the end of the season, which is what got me interested in the first place.

I'm unsure about your statement that I quoted, as I didn't find the mention of any limitation on position appearances in the yahoo rules.

every roster position has a limited number of games that can be played, usually it's set at 82.  So, looking at just the center position... In our league we have 3 center positions.  at 82 games per, you are allowed to play a total of 246 games at center.  You can sub in as many players as you wish on a nightly basis throughout the season, but once your team has played 246 games at the center position your stats will no longer be tallied.

Every night your team page shows you how many games over or under "par" you are at each position, and it also tells you how many you have remaining.  So let's say you are at 160 games played at center, and on this night you play 3 centers.  Your total games played then goes up to 163 of your total 246.

6 hours ago, OilerPensfan97 said:

We got a potential triple header on our hands on the 30th! Haha, bring it!

do you think we could ask a few managers from the other leagues in their threads if they'd be interested?

brocomud.JPG

18 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I'm going to pass on this one guys. 2 hockey and 2 football leagues is plenty for me

Just Do It. 

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

17 hours ago, bronco73 said:

every roster position has a limited number of games that can be played, usually it's set at 82.  So, looking at just the center position... In our league we have 3 center positions.  at 82 games per, you are allowed to play a total of 246 games at center.  You can sub in as many players as you wish on a nightly basis throughout the season, but once your team has played 246 games at the center position your stats will no longer be tallied.

Every night your team page shows you how many games over or under "par" you are at each position, and it also tells you how many you have remaining.  So let's say you are at 160 games played at center, and on this night you play 3 centers.  Your total games played then goes up to 163 of your total 246.

do you think we could ask a few managers from the other leagues in their threads if they'd be interested?

That'd be great! @Rekkin74 in particular will want in on this I'm sure ;).

oilpensfansig_zps7f1dc0d5.jpeg

Huge thank you to 94oildrops for the sig!

Team Gwen Stefani #1 is all joined up, hopefully I don't blow all my starts with 2 months left like I did in my rotisserie league last year.

5 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

I've never tried this - I finished dead last in the other one - may as well go for the double this time around :) I'm in

Perfect!  welcome to the league :)  can you PM me your yahoo or gmail account so I can add you to the league? 

brocomud.JPG

OK everybody great news... we are now up to 7 managers so it will be a great year!  anybody else that wants to join PLEASE post here with your gmail or yahoo email address and we will get you in as well. 

brocomud.JPG

Just now, hillcat said:

is this a 3rd league? whats rotisserie?

Yep, it's a third league. In rotisserie, you basically play against everyone in the league at once. You get a specific number of points for each stat column based on your ranking within the league (I.e. in an 8 team, you would get 8 points for leading a specific stat column, but only 1 point if you are last in a column). The standings are then based on total amount of points accumulated.

oilpensfansig_zps7f1dc0d5.jpeg

Huge thank you to 94oildrops for the sig!

Just now, OilerPensfan97 said:

Yep, it's a third league. In rotisserie, you basically play against everyone in the league at once. You get a specific number of points for each stat column based on your ranking within the league (I.e. in an 8 team, you would get 8 points for leading a specific stat column, but only 1 point if you are last in a column). The standings are then based on total amount of points accumulated.

I'm gonna pass on this one. I'm signed up for 2, thats enough to keep me busy

19 minutes ago, hillcat said:

I'm gonna pass on this one. I'm signed up for 2, thats enough to keep me busy

wimp.

brocomud.JPG

3 hours ago, OilFury said:

The 2 leagues keep me busy enough, but if you really need someone i can

well the more managers we can get, the better off it will be.  This is a trial this year to see how people like the rotisserrie style league, so ya if we can get a full compliment it would make the trial run better. 

brocomud.JPG