The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
bronco73

Oilers Rotisserie league

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

Looks to me like we currently have 7 managers. Don't we need 1 more or does it not matter since this is not head to head?

no, this isn't a head to head league.  in this one you are essentially on your own and your stats are compared with every other manager at the end of the day, and points are distributed according to how well you did in each category against the curve

brocomud.JPG

Huge Thank-You to UnrefinedCrude for this awesome signature!

1 hour ago, bronco73 said:

no, this isn't a head to head league.  in this one you are essentially on your own and your stats are compared with every other manager at the end of the day, and points are distributed according to how well you did in each category against the curve

Yeah I get all that bronc, I was just wondering if we needed another manager but I guess not.

Spent most this morn making my draft lists for the leagues, eyes are bugging outta my head now lol.

image.png

So this league is a bit different in terms of stats. Instead of 13 categories there is only 10. More of a Points league then Banger, compared to the other 2 leagues. Gone are faceoffs, penalty minutes, and blocked shots. For goalies 'saves' are gone but 'wins' are added. Only 7 managers too. Teams are gonna be stacked!:P

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

This should be fun, completely different than our other set-ups.  Will post my line-up as soon as I figure out how to add attachment space ^__^

fantyleaguecupbgnocchi_zpsd26307cf.png

Credits to UnrefinedCrude for the signature.  Big thanks!

Now that we've got a day out of the way, from what I can see the F position stands on its own.  You put a guy on F it counts towards the 246 F spots. 

On 10/1/2018 at 12:44 AM, SuperDave17 said:

@bronco73

Do the flexible forward positions have their own allowable games, or do they count against the C, LW and RW allowable games?

They are their own, and you can move C,R,L to them.  Gives us way more flexibility  (Rekkin that was for you ;) )

brocomud.JPG

Hammers had a good first night;)

Question/s?...

So Yahoo tracks our points daily and will keep a running tally, I see that. But, is there nowhere to review and compare numbers from the day prior and see which categories we won/lost etc? For example, last night Holtby was the only goalie to record a shutout and since I have him on my team I'll assume I won that category. However, +/- my team was a combined -1 last night so I'll assume I was nowhere near winning this category. Is there nowhere we can look at these categories and see where our points are coming from? I have 57 points, but how exactly did I get them? Know what I mean?

edit) wait a second, I think I found some of the answers. If I click on "full standings" instead of "current standings" that gives a little breakdown of where points are coming from. So nevermind! lol.? I'll leave this post up, maybe it will help someone else..

Edited by HappyHappy
found what I was looking for

image.png

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

Hammers had a good first night;)

Question/s?...

So Yahoo tracks our points daily and will keep a running tally, I see that. But, is there nowhere to review and compare numbers from the day prior and see which categories we won/lost etc? For example, last night Holtby was the only goalie to record a shutout and since I have him on my team I'll assume I won that category. However, +/- my team was a combined -1 last night so I'll assume I was nowhere near winning this category. Is there nowhere we can look at these categories and see where our points are coming from? I have 57 points, but how exactly did I get them? Know what I mean?

edit) wait a second, I think I found some of the answers. If I click on "full standings" instead of "current standings" that gives a little breakdown of where points are coming from. So nevermind! lol.? I'll leave this post up, maybe it will help someone else..

Correct.  You can also click on "LEAGUE" - "STANDINGS" to get to the full standings page

brocomud.JPG

MRW I get yet another notification about yet another one of my goalies getting injured, 6 goalies across 4 leagues and we're only one week in...

giphy.gif

Edited by Rekkin74

3 hours ago, Rekkin74 said:

MRW I get yet another notification about yet another one of my goalies getting injured, 6 goalies across 4 leagues and we're only one week in...

giphy.gif

YIKES!

got a goalie for sale if you are interested... for a premium of course ;)

brocomud.JPG

Looking to move one of my goalies for some assists and or shots, position doesn't matter too much for me on this one. Any one of my goalies Bobrovsky Crawford Dubnyk Quick are available for this.

Edited by Rekkin74

I have 3 goalies here and I only want 2. I'm sticking with my Talbot which means Holtby or Saros is on the table. Prefer to keep Holtby and move Saros for a forward or Dman. Anybody, anybody, Bueller, Bueller...

image.png

8 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

lookie bronco holding steady in last place!

Haha I wouldn't worry, this league is anybody's game really, I've been all over from first to last. SD actually shot up 15.5 pts in one night a while back, that's huge! Toughest part I find is trying not to over-use the roster and go too far over the games allowed but how do you decide who to sit on nights when everybody plays. Fun stuff.

image.png

Looks like I've snagged bottom spot from you bronco haha! Good grief I have 4 players day-to-day and 1 on the IR, they're dropping like flies!

image.png

3 way tiebreak for GAA, figure that doesn't happen too often!

thanks for the invite to this league, bronco, the different set up is quite fun so far.

Does this pool just end at end of reg season? Tight race atop... nocchi and Gwen with bronco packed in the middle with a gazillion less games played. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Meanwhile SD and OJF treading water while OPF and I battle for last spot hahaha.:P

Edited by HappyHappy

image.png

21 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Does this pool just end at end of reg season? Tight race atop... nocchi and Gwen with bronco packed in the middle with a gazillion less games played. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Meanwhile SD and OJF treading water while OPF and I battle for last spot hahaha.:P

That's correct, ends at the end of the regular season.  Once a position on your roster runs out of remaining games the stats for that position will no longer be counted on your daily totals. 

brocomud.JPG

1 minute ago, bronco73 said:

That's correct, ends at the end of the regular season.  Once a position on your roster runs out of remaining games the stats for that position will no longer be counted on your daily totals. 

That's what I figured. I like your style bronc, let em run outta juice and then blow by them at the finish line! Laying tracks!

Image result for super fast gif

image.png

Just now, HappyHappy said:

That's what I figured. I like your style bronc, let em run outta juice and then blow by them at the finish line! Laying tracks!

Image result for super fast gif

haha... slow and steady.  Unfortunately I seem to use that strategy in the other leagues too.  Can't figure out why I'm always at the bottom of the standings lmao!

brocomud.JPG

Congrats on first place here bronco! It was pretty much between you and nocchi all year and it was close! I'm pretty happy with 3rd considering I was in last most the year. This pool didn't seem to draw much interest and I think a few guys that were in it didn't even manage their teams most the season so I'm not sure if we'll do it again next year but if we do count me in. I enjoyed the different format, these pools are fun.

Happy's Hooters 1st place in keeper league.:D

Happy's Heroes 12th (last) place in fantasy league.:rolleyes:

Happy's Hammers 3rd place in rotisserie league.:)

Cheers fellas and looking forward to next year's pools.

Congrats here again bronco, you had a deadly team.👍

image.png

I hope we do it again next year, they are tricky yet simple, and very little work to manage.  Thanks everybody!

brocomud.JPG

Thanks Rekk! 

Man I'm already looking to next years fantasy leagues lol!

brocomud.JPG