The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

GDT: OILERS @ WASHINGTON CAPITALS; MON NOV 5 @ 5 PM; SNW

Still on the road, the Oilers come into Washington with more points than the Capitals!  When could we last say that????

Looks like Caggs will stay on the 1st line...no word yet on plans for Rattie.  Watching both goalies earn wins is a big plus for the team and gives the coach some flex. 

If we work magic on the special teams, we should be alright.

GO OILERS !!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Still on the road, the Oilers come into Washington with more points than the Capitals!  When could we last say that????

Looks like Caggs will stay on the 1st line...no word yet on plans for Rattie.  Watching both goalies earn wins is a big plus for the team and gives the coach some flex. 

If we work magic on the special teams, we should be alright.

GO OILERS !!!!!!!!!

This is gonna be the toughest test on this road trip. The Caps are not in a very good mood after losing their last 2 and the Oilers beating them 4 - 1 last time in Edmonton. Need either Talbs or Mikko to be red hot tonite. 

Game plan should be the same as at home against them.

Stay out of the box. Use our speed to draw penalties. Capitalize.

I hope they have a good mix for tonight and tomorrow night. Some guys in and some different guys in for next game so we are somewhat fresh.

Lineup looks the same to me 

Nuge-McD-Caggs

Rieder-Drai-Chiasson

Looch-Strome-JP

Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Garrison-Benning

Talbot

I'm ok with sticking with what works

3 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Nuge-McD-Caggs

Rieder-Drai-Chiasson

Looch-Strome-JP

Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Garrison-Benning

Talbot

I'd really like to see Rattie & Gravel added to the line up . And OK I guess it's ok to let Talbot back in . He will be under some pressure to perform now .

5 minutes ago, billpayor said:

I'd really like to see Rattie & Gravel added to the line up . And OK I guess it's ok to let Talbot back in . He will be under some pressure to perform now .

Maybe tomorrow they switch it up. Would like to see these guys too. Maybe some will be tired or bumps and bruises tonight. Fresh troops on the back to back may be needed.

Agree, Windsor.  Playing the Caps and Bolts consecutively will wear down our lineup...need the freshest bodies out there when we can.

5 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

Maybe tomorrow they switch it up. Would like to see these guys too. Maybe some will be tired or bumps and bruises tonight. Fresh troops on the back to back may be needed.

Great position to be in, to be able to make some changes and still ice a competitive lineup.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Yup, that is not something he has felt since 2015-16 when Anders Nilsson when on a run I think in November/December and was getting regular starts after Talbot didn't get off to a very good start. Talbot picked up his game that year in the second half. 

Just watching the video from practice yesterday, and what a difference from this time last year. Guys are joking around about Movember, and laughing on the ice. Fun to be a part of a good team, and fun to be a fan too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Just watching the video from practice yesterday, and what a difference from this time last year. Guys are joking around about Movember, and laughing on the ice. Fun to be a part of a good team, and fun to be a fan too!

Makes up for the cold weather and not ideal city like in Winnipeg. Whatever works! Finally you agree? Don't make me rehash some past posts like you've been doing, lol

3 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

Makes up for the cold weather and not ideal city like in Winnipeg. Whatever works! Finally you agree? Don't make me rehash some past posts like you've been doing, lol

They sure seem like they're having a great time on the road trips. Away from Edmonton and the home fans and media. :P

I guess we'll see what players we can add through trades and signing, since that's what we were discussing.

1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

Nuge-McD-Caggs

Rieder-Drai-Chiasson

Looch-Strome-JP

Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Garrison-Benning

Talbot

rattie still not drawing in?

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

rattie still not drawing in?

I grabbed it off thedailyfaceoff, and it showed updated as of today. I'm guessing that him and Yammo will be in tomorrow to get some fresh legs in for the second game

If Rattie was hurt and the team is winning .... makes sense to give him a little extra time off and. the devious mindset here, not a bad thing for him to watch Cags potting some goals and playing well with those two.  

I like the look of the Drai line;  lots of speed on the wings and some puck moving and shooting ability;  i sure Hope this combo stays together for a while.  They could be damned good;  maybe not 1b good, but 2 good (can you ever be too 2 good lol) ... you know what i mean :) 

Washington has much motivation for tonite, as noted above.  Their team speed and puck movement will be a test for our guys.  We win if McD keeps them on their heels , we don't get penalties, and our team D gets an A+ ; lots of 'ifs' ... and even at that, I will go on record giving the Caps the edge tonite.

Apparently, this was outside the Oilers dressing room this morning... B)

Image result for OVechkin with stanley Cup

*Picture courtesy of Wildwood Sports*

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

2 hours ago, kman23 said:

If Rattie was hurt and the team is winning .... makes sense to give him a little extra time off and. the devious mindset here, not a bad thing for him to watch Cags potting some goals and playing well with those two.  

I like the look of the Drai line;  lots of speed on the wings and some puck moving and shooting ability;  i sure Hope this combo stays together for a while.  They could be damned good;  maybe not 1b good, but 2 good (can you ever be too 2 good lol) ... you know what i mean :) 

Washington has much motivation for tonite, as noted above.  Their team speed and puck movement will be a test for our guys.  We win if McD keeps them on their heels , we don't get penalties, and our team D gets an A+ ; lots of 'ifs' ... and even at that, I will go on record giving the Caps the edge tonite.

Drake is playing like he wants to stay on the top line and appreciates what an opportunity it is to play there. A nice breath of fresh air to have legit roster competition for spots. 

If Rattie was ready to go I'd break him in on the Strome line which has been in offensive doldrums, and have JP watch from the pressbox, actually I think they should have sent JP to Bakersfield and kept Marody but that is a different matter. 

44 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Apparently, this was outside the Oilers dressing room this morning... B)

Image result for OVechkin with stanley Cup

*Picture courtesy of Wildwood Sports*

I'm loving the wet T-shirt contest....

25 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Oilers haven’t won 6 in a row on the road since the ‘86-‘87 season and we all know what happened that year...

I just heard that stat and I thought "Man, that's like 20 years.."

Hahahahaaaa. Or, 30, depending on how old I am vs how old I think I am.

9 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

I just heard that stat and I thought "Man, that's like 20 years.."

Hahahahaaaa. Or, 30, depending on how old I am vs how old I think I am.

Well, they are saying 40 is the new 30, 50 is the new 40, etc. so maybe you aren't that far off?  

7 hours ago, WindsorOiler said:

Game plan should be the same as at home against them.

Stay out of the box. Use our speed to draw penalties. Capitalize.

I hope they have a good mix for tonight and tomorrow night. Some guys in and some different guys in for next game so we are somewhat fresh.

Bingo, I concur sir.

Excited to watch some hockey, missed the last game. Don't let up boys! 4-3 Road Warriors.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt Rap...

8 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Shocked Rattie isn’t in. 

If he could play center, he would be.

But he hasn't really played anywhere but Mcd's wing.  Who would you take off that line?

I would say pull Nuge off that line and have Nuge take Strome's spot.

That's just me tho.

7 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

If he could play center, he would be.

But he hasn't really played anywhere but Mcd's wing.  Who would you take off that line?

I would say pull Nuge off that line and have Nuge take Strome's spot.

That's just me tho.

Nuge on the 3rd? No thanks. I think rattie should draw in and JP should be sent down. 

Just now, TeamEllis said:

Nuge on the 3rd? No thanks. I think rattie should draw in and JP should be sent down. 

Ditto.

Also, since I can't edit (What's up with that? - paging bronco...) I'm changing my game predicky to 5-4 road team in extra time. ?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this