Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

GDT: OILERS @ TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING; TUES NOV 6 @ 5:30 PM; SNW

Recommended Posts

The Oilers had a rough game yesterday giving the Caps too many chances in front of the net and not being able to score enough on their chances.  The special teams figured largely and will likely be a factor tonight.

Maybe a couple of changes to the lineup to energize the team?  Will Rattie slot in?  Gravel?  Yammy?  And look for Koskinnen to be in goal on this back-to-back schedule.  No details yet from the team.

GO OILERS !!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is winnable tonight . Definitely want to see Rattie in the line up . Here's my line up .

Nuge - McDavid - Rattie 

Reider-Draisaitl-Chaisson

Caggiula-Strome-Puljujarvi

Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russell

Garrison-Benning

Koskinen 

 

 

Talbot 

I'd like to sit Lucic because I think JJ is more valuable on the PK , but that ain't going to happen .

Edited by billpayor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, Tonight it would be Lucic, Talbot and JP out. 

Rattie, Kosk and Yamamoto in. However they should send both JP and Yams to the farm soon, and call back up Marody.

Nuge - McDavid - Rattie

Reider - Draisaitl - Chiasson

Caggulia - Strome - Yamamoto

Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian - this line was terrible last night, which makes me think they'll work that much harder to be effective tonight...

Klefbom - Larsson

Nurse - Russell

Garrison - Benning - would like to see Gravel in, but old Garrison may have a good game against former team tonight...Gravel in next game

Koskinen

Edited by dkers77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dkers77 said:

For me, Tonight it would be Lucic, Talbot and JP out. 

Rattie, Kosk and Yamamoto in. However they should send both JP and Yams to the farm soon, and call back up Marody.

Nuge - McDavid - Rattie

Reider - Draisaitl - Chiasson

Caggulia - Strome - Yamamoto

Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian - this line was terrible last night, which makes me think they'll work that much harder to be effective tonight...

Klefbom - Larsson

Nurse - Russell

Garrison - Benning - would like to see Gravel in, but old Garrison may have a good game against former team tonight...Gravel in next game

Koskinen

I'd like to see Louch bang some bodies on that fourth line . If he is on the wagon line with Brodz & Kass , he could simplify his game and just have fun , striking fear into the hearts of the opposition , maybe even score a goal . If only he could be good on the PK .

Edited by billpayor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billpayor said:

I'd like to see Louch bang some bodies on that fourth line . If he is on the wagon line with Brodz & Kass , he could simplify his game and just have fun , striking fear into the hearts of the opposition , maybe even score a goal .

Ya I highly doubt they'll sit Looch, so I like your 4th line idea actually. 

In my delusional make believe world where I'm the GM, he's already wearing a different jersey...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dkers77 said:

IMO, Caggulia - Strome - Marody would be an interesting 3rd line...

Yes it would . But tonight it would be nice to see (Cags-Strome-JP) . IMO .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dkers77 said:

Ya I highly doubt they'll sit Looch, so I like your 4th line idea actually. 

In my delusional make believe world where I'm the GM, he's already wearing a different jersey...

Demoting Louch to the fourth line might be enough of a wake up call . But on the other hand he might be happy with Brodz & Kass .

Edited by billpayor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Demoting Louch to the fourth line might be enough of a wake up call . But on the other hand he might be happy with Brodz & Kass .

You may be on to something here...

Either way is better than dragging down the 3rd line. As long as we continue to pay him and play him, he might as well be on the 4th line. 

A demotion isn't usually a good thing production wise from a player, especially if you want to increase his trade value, if that's in the back of your mind as GM.

Oddly enough this might be crazy enough to work two-fold...it might actually pump his value up...as he's probably better suited to playing with Brodz and Kass at this point...

It would be interesting at the very least...

 

Edited by dkers77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dkers77 said:

You may be on to something here...

Either way is better than dragging down the 3rd line. As long as we continue to pay him and play him, he might as well be on the 4th line. 

A demotion isn't usually a good thing production wise from a player, especially if you want to increase his trade value, if that's in the back of your mind as GM.

Oddly enough this might be crazy enough to work two-fold...it might actually pump his value up...as he's probably better suited to playing with Brodz and Kass at this point...

It would be interesting at the very least...

 

A $9M fourth line . Better be productive .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

Good guess, fresh bodies in tonight, let's see what we can do.

Koskinen , Yamo , Rattie & Gravel . I guess you have to wonder who's banged up ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Koskinen , Yamo , Rattie & Gravel . I guess you have to wonder who's banged up ?

Coming off a loss, and a b2b, I don't think TM needs injuries to bring these guys back in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Koskinen , Yamo , Rattie & Gravel . I guess you have to wonder who's banged up ?

Think it's just 9 games in 15 days myself. Quite a bit of hockey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, billpayor said:

This is winnable tonight . Definitely want to see Rattie in the line up . Here's my line up .

Nuge - McDavid - Rattie 

Reider-Draisaitl-Chaisson

Caggiula-Strome-Puljujarvi

Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russell

Garrison-Benning

Koskinen 

 

 

Talbot 

I'd like to sit Lucic because I think JJ is more valuable on the PK , but that ain't going to happen .

Although JJ has given two goals away that I can remember due to mis-handling the puck.  One last night and one v the Wild whilst we were on the PP I think it was.

Two defeats that could have possibly been avoided in both those games.  Not entirely JJ's fault of course, but nevertheless played a big part in those two losses.

Lucic much better than last year if not in points, certainly in attitude, puck pursuit & hitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WindsorOiler said:

Good guess, fresh bodies in tonight, let's see what we can do.

Yes I prefer tonight's lineup, except Caggulia and Lucic should be switched around. Cagguila next to Strome and Yams.

Edited by dkers77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Coming off a loss, and a b2b, I don't think TM needs injuries to bring these guys back in

Maybe so . But he did say some guy's were banged up , leaving things up in the air . Garrison looked ok with Benning against the Caps . Although I could see Gravel replacing Garrison . Love to see Rattie back , not so sure where Yamamoto slots in  and I'm very happy Mikko the goalie in playing . 

They want to play the strongest line up possible .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dkers77 said:

Yes I prefer tonight's lineup, except Caggulia and Lucic should be switched around. Cagguila next to Strome and Yams.

Yes .

Nuge-McDavid-Rattie

Reider-Leon-Chaisson

Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto

Cags-Brodz-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

KOSKINEN 

Works for me . But yeah I'd switch Cags & Louch around , never know could happen . If they shorten the bench that third line might not see much ice time anyway .

 

Edited by billpayor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, billpayor said:

Yes .

Nuge-McDavid-Rattie

Reider-Leon-Chaisson

Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto

Cags-Brodz-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

KOSKINEN 

Works for me . But yeah I'd switch Cags & Louch around , never know could happen . If they shorten the bench that third line might not see much ice time anyway .

 

I think I'd even leave Drake on the top line a couple games until he proves otherwise...hard to demote when playing well. And just send the kids down already...

Play the vets as such...

Nuge -   McDavid - Caggulia/Rattie

Reider - Draisaitl - Chiasson

Khaira - Strome - Rattie/Caggulia

Lucic -  Brodziak - Kassian

Marody

This to me would be the best use of the players we have...

The kids get top line mins in Bakerfield, perhaps Lucic gains traction on the 4th line, Strome gets a needed break from him, and a couple players who might be able to covert his passes...and we get to see what vets are for real long term...

Edited by dkers77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dkers77 said:

I think I'd even leave Drake on the top line a couple games until he proves otherwise...hard to demote when playing well. And just send the kids down already...

Play the vets as such...

Nuge -   McDavid - Caggulia/Rattie

Reider - Draisaitl - Chiasson

Khaira - Strome - Rattie/Caggulia

Lucic -  Brodziak - Kassian

Marody

This to me would be the best use of the players we have...

The kids get top line mins in Bakerfield, perhaps Lucic gains traction on the 4th line, Strome gets a needed break from him, and a couple players who might be able to covert his passes...and we get to see what vets are for real long term...

Lucic has been the best on his line 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Lucic has been the best on his line 

Agreed, and the break Strome needs involves a suit and binoculars 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Agreed, and the break Strome needs involves a suit and binoculars 

The only reason the third line has had any energy whatsoever is because of Lucic.  I agree, he is not the problem there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

The only reason the third line has had any energy whatsoever is because of Lucic.  I agree, he is not the problem there. 

Absolutely, I can’t believe anyone thinks Strome and Puli have brought more determination than Lucic. It’s not even debatable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey gang. Bad news and good news....

bad news, i started having chest pains at work last night. Got sent to the ER then admitted. Having a cardiac cath tomorrow. 

Good news. I have the game on my tv in room. Now if i can just get someone to smuggle in some beer and a pizza!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope all goes well for ya tomorrow hillcat, maybe stay away from the pizza and beer tonight though haha, awesome you get to watch the game. I just got in from work myself and am outta the loop on tonight's game but looks like I made it in time for puck drop so yay!

Another tough matchup tonight folks. Road team flies home on a good note, 3-2. The Rat scores the winer for the Cat!?

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thanx for gdt Rap...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×