The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

GDT: OILERS @ FLORIDA PANTHERS; THURS NOV 8 @ 5 PM; SNW

Winding up the road trip tonight against the Panthers.  After a couple of scrappy games, the Oilers looking to take some points home.

No details yet about the lineup; however, not expecting Chaisson to play (he's day-to-day), so it's likely the freshest legs on the ice tonight.

Looch should be skating faster tonight, as his wallet is $10k lighter...but his "team value" went up a lot.  

Anyone else think the Oilers are due for a bust out game on the scoreboard?

GO OILERS !!!!!!!!

Torts is smiling at Looch right now.  I have grown to really like Torts and his opinion of the game (obviously because I agree with him).

"It's a little frustrating, quite honestly," he said. "The game's changed. And for some dinosaurs that are in it, it's frustrating, I have to admit. And I mean it. And I'm not joking about it. It's really frustrating to me, (in) conversations on the ice amongst opponents, on a face-off, it's like a big hug-fest sometimes. I don't know if they have so many meetings with this NHLPA and all that stuff that goes on, but there's no hate. And I miss that. It frustrates the (expletive) out of me, quite honestly."

Sincerely,

John Tortorella 

29 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

Torts is smiling at Looch right now.  I have grown to really like Torts and his opinion of the game (obviously because I agree with him).

"It's a little frustrating, quite honestly," he said. "The game's changed. And for some dinosaurs that are in it, it's frustrating, I have to admit. And I mean it. And I'm not joking about it. It's really frustrating to me, (in) conversations on the ice amongst opponents, on a face-off, it's like a big hug-fest sometimes. I don't know if they have so many meetings with this NHLPA and all that stuff that goes on, but there's no hate. And I miss that. It frustrates the (expletive) out of me, quite honestly."

Sincerely,

John Tortorella 

Yep, I remember that interview, loved it too

Looks like it's JJK sitting, he's made some mistakes for sure.

Need some wins now. Lots of games lately but FL is a team we should and need to beat. They will be desperate and we will need to match it.

Florida hasn't won a home game yet. 0-3-1. They'll be desperate indeed. I think our boys will galvanized after playing well in 2 losses and all the Lucic hearing nonsense. I'm assuming that Luongo will get the start, and he's been good since coming back. Lots of shots, pressure, whatever it takes.

We gotta have these 2 points. 

Florida has had 5 days off since their return from Finland . It's difficult to know how they will respond on the ice tonight . They shouldn't be taken lightly though . Oilers should be generally pissed off after two defeats , so they should come out flying . They sure can use a win . 

53 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Winding up the road trip tonight against the Panthers.  After a couple of scrappy games, the Oilers looking to take some points home.

No details yet about the lineup; however, not expecting Chaisson to play (he's day-to-day), so it's likely the freshest legs on the ice tonight.

Looch should be skating faster tonight, as his wallet is $10k lighter...but his "team value" went up a lot.  

Anyone else think the Oilers are due for a bust out game on the scoreboard?

GO OILERS !!!!!!!!

Shows what a joke Parros is - Looch gets the fine for responding to what should have been a boarding call on Russell. Looch could have done way more damage but didn't.. Joseph back on the bench laughing about it. We'll see on Dec 22, may not be Looch but someone will respond.  

10 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Image result for oilers man cartoon

"HERE KITTY KITTY KITTY..........NICE KITTY!"

Image result for florida panthers cartoon

I'm here! LOL Out of the hospital and doing better too. Home taking it easy. Looking forward to being able to watch tonight. Downside is, no nachos allowed ?

Just now, hillcat said:

I'm here! LOL Out of the hospital and doing better too. Home taking it easy. Looking forward to being able to watch tonight. Downside is, no nachos allowed ?

What happened? 

I'm glad you're home and on track !

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hillcat said:

Happy to hear! An Oilers win and you would feel even better :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

What happened? 

I'm glad you're home and on track !

1 hour ago, WindsorOiler said:

Happy to hear! An Oilers win and you would feel even better :)

Had some problems with the electrical system in my heart. Had a heart cath, no significant blockage so just going to adjust meds and my diet.  Feeling okay. Ready for some hockey. Just gotta find a new game time snack!

• Thanks 1

Our guys were shut down by a hot goalie in Tampa.  We could have won that game without his heroics and near misses, so if our guys play like that and generate that many scoring chances, I think we take this one.

Go Oil !

12 minutes ago, hillcat said:

Had some problems with the electrical system in my heart. Had a heart cath, no significant blockage so just going to adjust meds and my diet.  Feeling okay. Ready for some hockey. Just gotta find a new game time snack!

Good to hear you're OK, but uhhh... you sure watching this team with a heart condition is a good idea? 

38 minutes ago, GrooveyAsh said:

Good to hear you're OK, but uhhh... you sure watching this team with a heart condition is a good idea? 

had a set of Bosch platinum plugs installed. Good for 6 years or 60,000 beats! LOL ?

15 minutes ago, hillcat said:

had a set of Bosch platinum plugs installed. Good for 6 years or 60,000 beats! LOL ?

heh... OK, then put the pedal to the metal !

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, hillcat said:

You should probably hope for the 6 years ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hillcat said:

Wow, well I'm glad you're home and getting better. As someone else mentioned, I'm not sure if heart issues and Oilers hockey should really go together...but, you're the closest thing we've got to a doctor around here!!

Take it easy, and all my best for a quick and full recovery.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hillcat said:

Energizer Bunny, Hillcat ;  need to get you a little drum :) 

Edited by kman23
  • Like 1

Nuge-McD-Rattie

Rieder-Drai-Chiasson

Looch-Strome-Cags

JP-Brodz-Kass

Klef-Larsson

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

Talbot

And, Luongo is starting for Florida. i would love it if we could chase him

4 hours ago, hillcat said:

Good to hear your at home healing!

20 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Nuge-McD-Rattie

Rieder-Drai-Chiasson

Looch-Strome-Cags

JP-Brodz-Kass

Klef-Larsson

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

Talbot

And, Luongo is starting for Florida. i would love it if we could chase him

If it was me I would swap Drake and Rattie. I really liked Drake on the top line. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sharptooth1 said:

Good to hear your at home healing!

If it was me I would swap Drake and Rattie. I really liked Drake on the top line. 

I kind of agree.  I bet if Rattie and Mcd don't start finding a connection, TM might do this.

I wonder how Cags feels?  Going from Mcd to Strome as a centerman....penthouse to basement.

Edited by oilersfaninca

7 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

Think Strome will get going myself, he is a much better player when he is confident.

Nothing like pointing out the obvious hey Windsor ?

I hope he goes too 

I don't think Cags can keep up the frenetic forecheck pace on either line.  He should be rested every few games.  However, I do agree somewhat on his placement on the top line; he is the one guy who thinks and moves the puck as fast as Nuge and McD;   just couldn't put it in the ocean last year.  Maybe that changes this year.  Either way, he has been playing well.

I still think Rattie will be the one of the cheapest 20 goal scorers in the league this year.

Wow...gotta be frustrating to get so many chances and not be getting these to go in. Seems like a different team this year. No sulking, and they keep driving

26 minutes ago, kman23 said:

I don't think Cags can keep up the frenetic forecheck pace on either line.  He should be rested every few games. 

Why?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this