The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Oilers @ Sharks 8:30 PM (MT) SNW

First game behind the bench for the big fella....not expecting much change - maybe a few too-many-men on the ice calls as the coaches trip over each other.  Hitch will play his go-to guys all night  (25+ minutes for McD) and Kos will get lots of starts. 

8 minutes ago, Big_Fuzzy_Dice said:

Hardhat lunchbox and a new hitch.  Lets see if this farm implement can hoe some rows.

De Fak?? That’s too difficult for the Oilers.

Hope they just give 60 mins of giveadamn and we should come out on the right side of this one!  Hope they play hard tonight.

Edited by Bro-lo_el_cunado

:lol:    HEY BRONCS, WHEN IS THE OMB GONNA GO BACK TO THE OLD WAYS WHEN WE CAN EDIT OUR POSTS IN PERPETUITY!? ...COME ON MAN!!!! 

Cant make tasty GDTs  with this time limit in place ...:th_shrug:.

32 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

:lol:    HEY BRONCS, WHEN IS THE OMB GONNA GO BACK TO THE OLD WAYS WHEN WE CAN EDIT OUR POSTS IN PERPETUITY!? ...COME ON MAN!!!! 

Cant make tasty GDTs  with this time limit in place ...:th_shrug:.

Actually C2G, that might be out of our control, I will send a message to the PTB though to see if there is somethign we can do.

Hitch doesn’t really know a lick about this team other than Brodziak and Rattie so I’m assuming he will come tonight and ride shotgun for Gully but stand in the spot where Todd stood and look the part. Otherwise we may have another L on our hands 

6 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

Hitch doesn’t really know a lick about this team other than Brodziak and Rattie so I’m assuming he will come tonight and ride shotgun for Gully but stand in the spot where Todd stood and look the part. Otherwise we may have another L on our hands 

He will be able to pick out the floaters pretty quickly.

7 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

I don’t think you know Hitch then, he’s not here to stand around and let someone else run the show. He’ll do more this afternoon than you think, I’ll be curious to see how the 2nd period goes and look forward to seeing adjustments actually being implemented 

2 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

I don’t think you know Hitch then, he’s not here to stand around and let someone else run the show. He’ll do more this afternoon than you think, I’ll be curious to see how the 2nd period goes and look forward to seeing adjustments actually being implemented 

Over 1500 games coached in this league, I know exactly who he is how he coaches. I don’t care if it’s JQ, Darryl Sutter or Ken Hitchcock, they are human and expecting him to come in a few hours and completely change the landscape of this team is unreasonable.

1 minute ago, MDubz83 said:

Over 1500 games coached in this league, I know exactly who he is how he coaches. I don’t care if it’s JQ, Darryl Sutter or Ken Hitchcock, they are human and expecting him to come in a few hours and completely change the landscape of this team is unreasonable.

Expecting him to stand there like TM and let GG call the shots is unreasonable. He’s a Stanley Cup champion with 1500 games like you said. He’s already hard at work 

22 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

Come on man!...You think Hitch doesn't know the players??  He's a "coach" , once a coach, always a coach!... I'm sure he still watches hockey, and maybe watches the Oilers more than any other team imo,...Im assuming he lives in Edmonton.....Anyway, they couldn't get a better guy to conduct the team's heart and brain transplant...:th_hockey20player:

33 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

Unfortunately, like someone stated, why not continue swinging that axe and hit additional targets? ....Our pp and pk sucked! ...Why keep those people who ran those special teams around?....Let Hitch bring his own people.....:th_shrug:    

10 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Come on man!...You think Hitch doesn't know the players??  He's a "coach" , once a coach, always a coach!... I'm sure he still watches hockey, and maybe watches the Oilers more than any other team imo,...Im assuming he lives in Edmonton.....Anyway, they couldn't get a better guy to conduct the team's heart and brain transplant...:th_hockey20player:

He just said in an interview that he knows what's wrong. By the sound of it he has a very clear understanding of the situation. He did not promise any major improvement overnight but he said within 8 - 9 days we'll see start seeing the changes.  

4 minutes ago, Greyone said:

He just said in an interview that he knows what's wrong. By the sound of it he has a very clear understanding of the situation. He did not promise any major improvement overnight but he said within 8 - 9 days we'll see start seeing the changes.  

Yup, he also said nothing will change in a day 

15 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

Yup, he also said nothing will change in a day 

And that doesn’t mean he’s going to stand around now does it? There isn’t 2 guys on the planet that want things to go well tonight more than Hitch and PC. 

11 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

And that doesn’t mean he’s going to stand around now does it? There isn’t 2 guys on the planet that want things to go well tonight more than Hitch and PC. 

I’m pretty sure you mistake my words for meaning I think he’s going to just pick his nose and look dumb and that’s obviously no where near what I was saying. I don’t feel like typing in layman’s terms, I feel my thoughts on this are pretty clear.

Hitchcock doesn't have to "do" anything to make a huge difference.  Every player is going to be buzzed and excited that this has finally happened, just as the fans are.  I expect the emotional change will be evident immediately.      

13 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

:th_shrug:Can you image standing around in a battle?  You'd get picked off - nozzled!?...

"Hey Dubz, What kind of message does that send the players?, who are anxiously waiting for a leader to lead them?  You think they'll follow him after he just stands there while the boys are suffering casualties?   

Anyway, I dont think Hitch will be an ornament tonight. I'm sure he'll be in the trenches fighting with the boys!   :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

:th_shrug:Can you image standing around in a battle?  You'd get picked off - nozzled!?...

"Hey Dubz, What kind of message does that send the players?, who are anxiously waiting for a leader to lead them?  You think they'll follow him after he just stands there while the boys are suffering casualties?   

Anyway, I dont think Hitch will be an ornament tonight. I'm sure he'll be in the trenches fighting with the boys!   :rolleyes:

Agreed. I’m glad it was done on a game day. Go to war right off the hop

:th_hockey20player:Coach Hitch first order of business should be to send Benning to Bakersfield and call up Bear to help with the pp ...Hes just down the street....He must be aware what Bears capable of - right?.....:th_shrug:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

Strange days...

Only game on the NHL schedule is our game tonight. Everybody watching. No pressure.:ph34r:

3-2 Oil in extra time.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt C2G, funny stuff...

After dialing down their play against Vegas (yes they did), the Oilers now have to rise up to the Sharks and play credible hockey....for 3 periods.  Let's see what happens.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this