The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Oilers @ Ducks - 2:00 pm (MT) Fri, Nov 23.18 SNW

During the playoff run in 2017, a buddy of mine called Drai a Tailings Pond on Skates. Just killing all the ducks.

I'm sure ducks are nice, but I've always thought that was funny as heck.

2pm on Friday doh, that doesn't work for me. I'll have to miss this one boooo.:(

New coach will have had a few days with the players and they should have an idea of Hitch's new systems. Nothing pleases me more then beating the Cali teams (cept maybe beating the Flames n Nix lol). Keep on truckin' boys. 4-2 road crew.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt C2G...

Yeah, that's the kind of GDT we've been missing....thanks c2G!!

Now that the team seems a bit steadier...a bit more focused....and a bit more energetic, I'm liking our chances against the Ducks.  After the Flames, this is the team I want to beat - like a rented mule.  And I want that beating to somehow involve Kesler as a bonus.

Let loose the hounds and go get 'em boys...Oilers by 4 !

17 hours ago, RapierShot said:

Yeah, that's the kind of GDT we've been missing....thanks c2G!!

Now that the team seems a bit steadier...a bit more focused....and a bit more energetic, I'm liking our chances against the Ducks.  After the Flames, this is the team I want to beat - like a rented mule.  And I want that beating to somehow involve Kesler as a bonus.

Let loose the hounds and go get 'em boys...Oilers by 4 !

is Kesler still allowed to hold our goalie down whilst they put the puck into the net, or will Hitch have a word with the officials beforehand?

That "goal" being allowed is probably the worst decision I have ever seen in hockey.   And Milan Lucic agrees with me, so it must be.😒

Edited by Blackhawk216

1 hour ago, Blackhawk216 said:

is Kesler still allowed to hold our goalie down whilst they put the puck into the net, or will Hitch have a word with the officials beforehand?

That "goal" being allowed is probably the worst decision I have ever seen in hockey.   And Milan Lucic agrees with me, so it must be.😒

Don’t even bring that up. Still makes me mad. 

Lines at practice:

Caggiula-McD-LD

Spooner-RNH-Chiasson

Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Khaira-Marody-Rattie

P.Russell

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

Garrison

All our offense (speaking goals) has come from 5 out of the 6 top forwards here. Need to get Spooner and the rest of the bunch (D included) going now. Aside from Rattie, Brodz, and Nurse all with a mere 2, everybody else has 1 or 0 goals. I know they are all not really expected to score and have different roles but a little more secondary offense would go a long way. As for defense, I'm confident the entire collective group, forwards included, will be much more focused in this area as coach won't have it any other way.:)

42 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Lines at practice:

Caggiula-McD-LD

Spooner-RNH-Chiasson

Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Khaira-Marody-Rattie

P.Russell

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

Garrison

All our offense (speaking goals) has come from 5 out of the 6 top forwards here. Need to get Spooner and the rest of the bunch (D included) going now. Aside from Rattie, Brodz, and Nurse all with a mere 2, everybody else has 1 or 0 goals. I know they are all not really expected to score and have different roles but a little more secondary offense would go a long way. As for defense, I'm confident the entire collective group, forwards included, will be much more focused in this area as coach won't have it any other way.:)

#1 PP

MCD LD Nuge Klefbom C2G (Chiasson) :ph34r:

Now we're talking, I expected the coach to insert a RH shot on the pp, and so he has....Now if only Bear can be called up and take Klefbom's spot, then we should have a lethal pp......😎  

2 minutes ago, kman23 said:

waste of Rattie's talents I'm afraid, but the new coach has to evalutate all of that .

The Rat is not even on the #2 pp?....:th_shock:.....The coach knows more about him then I do so I'll take his word for it....But I'm sure if the 2nd unit doesn't work Rat will draw in, probably for Spooner or Caggs.....B)....

4 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

Lines at practice:

Caggiula-McD-LD

Spooner-RNH-Chiasson

Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Khaira-Marody-Rattie

P.Russell

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning     Wideman 

Garrison

:rolleyes:   No time to      ! around.!......Send Benning down, so other Dmen don't feel unnecessary pressure to perform... .

MODERATOR EDIT:

http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/guidelines/

2.    Language and Inappropriate Content:  This is a family-oriented site provided and operated by the Edmonton Oilers and the National Hockey League. You agree not to post profanity, sexual innuendo and anything else similar in text, or as an image within the community. Any post considered to be in violation of these rules will be deleted without warning. Circumventing the filter by starring out words or letters is considered the same as using profanity.

Edited by bronco73

41 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

The Rat is not even on the #2 pp?....:th_shock:.....The coach knows more about him then I do so I'll take his word for it....But I'm sure if the 2nd unit doesn't work Rat will draw in, probably for Spooner or Caggs.....B)....

I sure Hope so;  he is a guy with offensive talent whose  upside that is as of yet undertermined.   He needs to be given a chance to find his ceiling, esp on a team struggling to find secondary scoring.  

12 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

:rolleyes:   No time to $#@&*! around.!......Send Benning down, so other Dmen don't feel unnecessary pressure to perform... .

👍

Going to be interesting to see how Hitch deals with Kesler

Edited by McD97

Ill start everyone on a positive note.

Oilers 5, Ducks 3. (Cant stand California teams)!

Put that in the "win" column.

Some of you might remember me as just "AlbertaHockey" from way back, and yes I am back.

Edited by AlbertaHockey222

2 minutes ago, AlbertaHockey222 said:

Ill start everyone on a positive note.

Oilers 5, Ducks 3. (Cant stand California teams)!

Put that in the "win" column.

Some of you might remember me as just "AlbertaHockey" from way back, and yes I am back.

Welcome back !  Just be aware who runs the show around here!....:ph34r:

5 hours ago, MessierII said:

Don’t expect much from Rattie now that hitch is in. He cut Rattie every year he had him in St Louis.

Prove him wrong rattie. Problem for him is that cags has been good on the top line.

6 hours ago, watchman said:

...anyone notice that the OIL have a string of 5... maybe 6  pretty winnable games coming up?  Beginning with this one.  :th_hockey20player:

I thought Vegas was very winnable so there’s that. 

Edited by TeamEllis

21 hours ago, Blackhawk216 said:

Yeah - I'm still quite bitter about that to this day, lol.

38 minutes ago, Sunder said:

Yeah - I'm still quite bitter about that to this day, lol.

Bitter also to this day

The double whammy is Lucic's comments might have a direct affect on why we got the fewest penalties called last year, 16 challenges in a row lost, etc. This year more hit and miss, getting some calls and wondering where the refs are on others either way

:th_hockey20player:THE KEY TO THE GAME:  The "KLB"  line to be varmints; to be physical, irritable and nuisance as much as possible, especially to the Getzlaf and Perry line...They need to make those two guys lives miserable....

Milan Lucic's JerseyKyle Brodziak's JerseyZack Kassian's Jersey

Me likes this line.......:rolleyes:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

12 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

:th_hockey20player:THE KEY TO THE GAME:  The "KLB"  line to be varmints; to be physical, irritable and nuisance as much as possible, especially to the Getzlaf and Perry line...They need to make those two guys lives miserable....

Milan Lucic's JerseyKyle Brodziak's JerseyZack Kassian's Jersey

Me likes this line.......:rolleyes:

Perry is injured. I love this line too.

3 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Well, they can pile up on Getzlaf.....:th_shrug:.....Isn't Fowler injured too?

Anyway, we need to impose "our" game on them, dictate the pace....We do that, chalk us a win!

A solid 3 - 2 win for the Oil

GO OILERS GO! :th_banana:

30 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

That's bad for my pool but good for the Oilers. Can't stand the Ducks. Hate them almost as much as the Canucks and Flames. I really hope Hitchcock decides to set the hounds on Kesler. That goof needs a spanking. 😎

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this