The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

GDT: VEGAS GOLDEN KNIGHTS @ OILERS; SATURDAY DEC 1 @ 8 PM; CBC, SN

Viva Lost Wages.  The VGKs are on a hot streak and rolling into town while the Oilers are steadily building up their game - and winning a few in the process.

No word on the lineup for Saturday...will Rattie play?  Zykov?  and who knows about the defence?

The VGKs will be a faster and harder challenge than the LAKs...no room for mental lapses or half-hearted attempts.  If the Oilers respond accordingly, Hitchcock will be happy because that's the direction he wants this team to take.  And the 2 points will look nice too!

GO OILERS !!!!!!

Yes sir the Knights have been coming on strong lately winning their last 5, this will be another tough game for us as we seek redemption. Speaking of redeeming, November was looking pretty nasty there for us, great to see the team pull it together towards the end and come out of the month at 6-7-1. Coulda been worse, Shoulda been better. We started and ended the month with a couple wins, the in-between was not pretty, and it was the demise of TM in Edmonton.

Moving on, Happy December Folks! A win tonight would be a great way to start it. I'd like to see a bunch of goals BY US as it's been awhile so how about same score they beat us by last game only vice versa tonight. I'll likely miss the first period but will be tuning in the second I can so try and hold most the goals till later in the game ok boys, haha.

6-3 Home crew... even the curse on Khaira gets lifted tonight! :P

HO-HO-HO!!

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt Rap...

Well, since we fuelled their fire the last time we played them and got them started on their run, hopefully we can put an end to it tonight.  Hopefully we aren’t embarrassed, again, on HNIC.  Please play hockey tonight!!  

3 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

Yes sir the Knights have been coming on strong lately winning their last 5, this will be another tough game for us as we seek redemption. Speaking of redeeming, November was looking pretty nasty there for us, great to see the team pull it together towards the end and come out of the month at 6-7-1. Coulda been worse, Shoulda been better. We started and ended the month with a couple wins, the in-between was not pretty, and it was the demise of TM in Edmonton.

Moving on, Happy December Folks! A win tonight would be a great way to start it. I'd like to see a bunch of goals BY US as it's been awhile so how about same score they beat us by last game only vice versa tonight. I'll likely miss the first period but will be tuning in the second I can so try and hold most the goals till later in the game ok boys, haha.

6-3 Home crew... even the curse on Khaira gets lifted tonight! :P

HO-HO-HO!!

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt Rap...

Nope, no waiting till the 2nd. Gotta score early. Maybe they get the score often part right and you'll see a few tonight.

Vegas is 7 - 3 in their last 10, and made us look pretty lame just a few days ago.  They are hot hot hot and will test our commitment to pressure and team D.  

The continuing evolution of the Oilers will be fun to watch tonite;  McD has to find a way to get open, and w Rat on the 4th line as mentioned in an earlier post, maybe our 4th can pick up a goal to help out.  

Who wins?  Of course I'd like to pick the home team, but if we win , we'll probably have to play our best game of the season. I think the odds favor Vegas, and wouldn't bet against them.  6 - 3 Knights.  They are just too quick for our D.

Hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, MDubz83 said:

Rattie is in tonight on the 4th line

meaningless question, Are you related to Ty?

35 minutes ago, Yuke said:

meaningless question, Are you related to Ty?

I don't think it's meaningless at all. I don't think Rattie will be successful on the 4th line but if that is the line Connor double shifts with he has a chance. Hitch seems to be making Ty work for everything all over again but hey Hitch is on a roll.

4 hours ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Well, since we fuelled their fire the last time we played them and got them started on their run, hopefully we can put an end to it tonight.  Hopefully we aren’t embarrassed, again, on HNIC.  Please play hockey tonight!!  

They should rename that program "Hockey Humiliation In Edmonton." :th_facepalm2:

What can I say? I have no idea how we will play tonight! The record is getting better with Ken as coach but remember this is the Oilers. 

4 minutes ago, Talbutt said:

I don't think it's meaningless at all. I don't think Rattie will be successful on the 4th line but if that is the line Connor double shifts with he has a chance. Hitch seems to be making Ty work for everything all over again but hey Hitch is on a roll.

meaningless with regards it has no bearing on anything hockey related. I am not judging him. It is just a simple yes/no question

Tonight the Oilers will dominate physically . Grind the crap out of them . The Knights are going to know they are in a hockey game . I would not be surprised if it was another one of those 1-0 games in favor of the Hitchcock Marauders .

Edited by billpayor

Damn, I get the big blackout on the Knights here in Central CA.   Can't get the replay for 48 hours of game conclusion, which means I can't watch realistically until Tuesday (if I want to be able to stay awake).  It's infuriating these blackout rules since I don't give a crap about the Knights, I just want to keep up with the Oilers.   And since I have been in the Sharks blackout area for 20 years, I am still shocked the Knights can claim the same area as well?  Seems like a crock.   I have no problem seeing Ducks/Kings games and they are physically closer to me.  Just idiotic.  

19 minutes ago, oilersfaninca said:

Damn, I get the big blackout on the Knights here in Central CA.   Can't get the replay for 48 hours of game conclusion, which means I can't watch realistically until Tuesday (if I want to be able to stay awake).  It's infuriating these blackout rules since I don't give a crap about the Knights, I just want to keep up with the Oilers.   And since I have been in the Sharks blackout area for 20 years, I am still shocked the Knights can claim the same area as well?  Seems like a crock.   I have no problem seeing Ducks/Kings games and they are physically closer to me.  Just idiotic.  

Live streaming then?

To be clear everybody... if you discuss live streaming any NHL games, the discussion must be limited to LEGAL means of watching the games and only legal means of watching the games.  Discussion of illegal NHL streams is strictly forbidden on this forum, and may be met with warnings, suspensions, or even outright bans.  Thanks.

21 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

To be clear everybody... if you discuss live streaming any NHL games, the discussion must be limited to LEGAL means of watching the games and only legal means of watching the games.  Discussion of illegal NHL streams is strictly forbidden on this forum, and may be met with warnings, suspensions, or even outright bans.  Thanks.

Copy that.There is a link to a stream on this very website, yes?

1 minute ago, GrooveyAsh said:

Copy that.There is a link to a stream on this very website, yes?

well yes and no.  Often times the Oilers channel will stream a game, however most regular season games are not streamed by the Oilers channel, as the National Hockey League streams those games via the paid Gamecenter service.

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

well yes and no.  Often times the Oilers channel will stream a game, however most regular season games are not streamed by the Oilers channel, as the National Hockey League streams those games via the paid Gamecenter service.

Tonight is a free game but since he's in California with probably no access he should be able to stream the game on cbc.ca

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Gotcha... I remember using the stream here once when my Centre Ice package only had the game on low-rez Punjabi-commentary for some reason, so I thought they offered this a lot more often than as you just clarified...

4 minutes ago, GrooveyAsh said:

Gotcha... I remember using the stream here once when my Centre Ice package only had the game on low-rez Punjabi-commentary for some reason, so I thought they offered this a lot more often than as you just clarified...

WindsorOiler raised a great point.  Tonight's game is streamed on HIC (Hockey Night in Canada on CBC) and thus is a free non-subscription game, so it is very possible that the Oilers channel MAY broadcast it, and if not you can go to CBC.CA and stream it legally from there.

I'm off tonight so I get to watch the game.... On second thought. Maybe I should go give someone morphine (for those who may not know, I'm a nurse. When I give morphine, its legal. )

3 hours ago, bronco73 said:

How about some Live Screaming by Groovy ?

4 hours ago, billpayor said:

Tonight the Oilers will dominate physically . Grind the crap out of them . The Knights are going to know they are in a hockey game . I would not be surprised if it was another one of those 1-0 games in favor of the Hitchcock Marauders .

I think this game is going to need the 3rd line to bring in some energy. Vegas had it too easy in front of our net last time. Scoring from them must be purely viewed as a bonus. 

19 minutes ago, EasternOilSlick said:

If I remember hilly last game when you gave a shot we scored😉l

Exactly! I gave a shot, they took a shot! I hit the mark, they hit the mark! 

6 minutes ago, hillcat said:

Exactly! I gave a shot, they took a shot! I hit the mark, they hit the mark! 

And everybody's happy happy:P

Image result for needle shot gif

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this