The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
CalgaryFlamesAltFan

Nylander Deal Gives Signing Bonus New Meaning

A bit confusing...

Nylander's cap hit is over 10 mil this season (for 75% of it). He's sat out 1/4 of the season so essentially he is getting paid for it. Had he played since camp then his cap hit would be the 6.96 mil

Either way cap friendly shows 45,081,xxx over 6 years

Leafs are paying him just over 7.5 mil per season AAV according to my math regardless what the AAV says.

1 hour ago, WindsorOiler said:

A bit confusing...

Nylander's cap hit is over 10 mil this season (for 75% of it). He's sat out 1/4 of the season so essentially he is getting paid for it. Had he played since camp then his cap hit would be the 6.96 mil

Leafs are paying him just over 7.5 mil per season AAV according to my math regardless what the AAV says.

Tavares on 11m, I can't see Matthews taking less, he will likely be asking McDavid money or somewhere between Tavares and McDavid, Marner won't be far behind, I can't see him settling for less than 9m (could be more), add that to Nylander's 7m, and that is approx. 39m on just four players.

We have 33m tied up in our top four paid players in McD, Drai, Nuge and Lucic, and we are in trouble right at the cap so how the Leafs will make this work will be interesting to see.   If they don't lift Stanley this year, how can it get easier as time goes on? 

7 hours ago, WindsorOiler said:

A bit confusing...

1. $10M salary, $2M SB
2. $700,000 salary, $8.3M SB
3. $2.5M salary, $3.5M SB
4. $2.5M salary, $3.5M SB
5. $2.5M salary, $3.5M SB
6. $2.5M salary, $3.5M SB