The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

GDT: OILERS @ DALLAS STARS; MONDAY DEC 3 @ 6:30 PM; SNW

Oilers hockey...unlikely heroes, grinding fore-checking, better D-zone smarts....and great goal tending.  Be ready for a steady diet of that.  Impressive win over Vegas and now we take the "formula" back to Dallas.

Maybe look for minor adjustments to the line-up but likely the same group that played the VGKs.  The question regarding starting in the net becomes trickier with each Koskinnen win. 

For some reason, Zykov is not listed on the team roster - wonder what the story is there.

GO OILERS !!!!!!

Edited by RapierShot

14 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Oilers hockey...unlikely heroes, grinding fore-checking, better D-zone smarts....and great goal tending.  Be ready for a steady diet of that.  Impressive win over Vegas and now we take the "formula" back to Dallas.

Maybe look for minor adjustments to the line-up but likely the same group that played the VGKs.  The question regarding starting in the net becomes trickier with each Koskinnen win. 

For some reason, Zykov is not listed on the team roster - wonder what the story is there.

GO OILERS !!!!!!

"Wildwood Sports" reporting technical legal jargon error with acquisition, Bettman voids waiver pickup!...  :th_scared:

35 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

GO OILERS !!!!!!

Zykov has an immigration/Visa issue that hasn't been worked out. 

Hopefully the bottom 6 has another strong game. I thought both those lines had good games against Vegas.

Likely that Koskinen gets the start, and hopefully Khudobin doesn't stand on his head again like he did when we played them last week.

Dallas still puts that pit in my stomach...probably always will

Well, we are into December now and I'm still excited for hockey so that's a great sign haha. A win tonight puts us on pace and tied with our playoff team of 16/17, asking too much?:th_paranoid: Regardless, we are in the fight, absolutely.👍👍

Looking forward to watching the game. Stars will be coming out hard I would think as they look for revenge so we'll have to be sharp from the get-go (should be this way all the time anyway). I missed the first bit of the 1st period vs the Knights but from what I read on here and elsewhere Kosk saved our butts till our team eventually got going. 

4-3 road team tonight. Git er dun boyz.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt Rap...

1 hour ago, RapierShot said:

GO OILERS !!!!!!

Pretty sure I read Zykov is having issues at the border. 

McDavid missed practice because he’s feeling sick which kinda sucks because he’s already not putting up points in the Hitchcock era as it is. He does so many good things every game so it’s easy to give him a pass but 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 5 games better not be a window in to how his year will go. He makes 12.5 million dollars, it’s time to throw these guys on his back again cuz eventually Kos will break a bit and scoring 1or 2 goals a game just isn’t going to work anymore.

I'm worried about this one tonight . I hope I'm wrong . But I'm thinking the puck bounces the way of the Stars , setting the table for Talbot starting against the Blues . Then we see alternating goalies the rest of the month . Which will be interesting to say the least . How's that for a Black mirror idea ? 

18 minutes ago, billpayor said:

I'm worried about this one tonight . I hope I'm wrong . But I'm thinking the puck bounces the way of the Stars , setting the table for Talbot starting against the Blues . Then we see alternating goalies the rest of the month . Which will be interesting to say the least . How's that for a Black mirror idea ? 

Big talbot guy hey?

2 hours ago, MDubz83 said:

McDavid missed practice because he’s feeling sick which kinda sucks because he’s already not putting up points in the Hitchcock era as it is. He does so many good things every game so it’s easy to give him a pass but 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 5 games better not be a window in to how his year will go. 

Question?....When the Golden Child went down to injury his first year, what was the teams record "prior to" and during while McD was out?....

🎶 ...🎵.....🎧.....🎶

I thought I heard the "Jeopardy" tune?...

Anyone know?  :th_shrug: 

Last night I dreamt that Lucic scored. What a weird dream eh? Or is it.... prophesy?

(Suspenseful music)

Anyway, just wanna see the whole 60 minute effort again. And another win?

2 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

Big talbot guy hey?

Not really . I'm a fan of both guy's . It's important to have two highly capable goalies .

6 hours ago, MDubz83 said:

McDavid missed practice because he’s feeling sick which kinda sucks because he’s already not putting up points in the Hitchcock era as it is. He does so many good things every game so it’s easy to give him a pass but 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 5 games better not be a window in to how his year will go. He makes 12.5 million dollars, it’s time to throw these guys on his back again cuz eventually Kos will break a bit and scoring 1or 2 goals a game just isn’t going to work anymore.

I don't know, if Hitch turns McD into another Crosby type player, watch out!  Crosby is the whole package.  Even when Crosby was struggling before the World Cup, he was a first choice to be on that team.  Presently Crosby is a better player than McD, but that could change due to McD's age.

Bishop is back and it's Bobblehead Bishop night in Dallas, should be a good battle between the pipes between him and Kosk. 

Our team has their dads along for this little road trip, feel for Lars having recently lost his pops, hope he has a strong game as per usual.

Lets go boys!

The Golden Child out!...The game where LD n Nuge earn their pay!...

Its gonna be an ugly one..

1 - 0 Oil.....😎

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

3 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

The Golden Child out!...The game LD n Nuge earn their pay!...😎

Yep, time to see what 14 million gets us. If ever there was a time for DRai to drive a line this is it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this