Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Oilers @ Blues 6 PM (MT) Wed, Dec 5.18 SNW

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Talbutt said:

If Lucic is doing sofine maybe we could dump him  for nothing and retain 0 monies? Do you think anyone bites?

Maybe... I want Lucic to stay. Brodziak Kassian Lucic has been a solid checking line. Maybe Lucic is abit over paid but I like his game, he works hard and makes smart plays. The only knock against that line is lack of points. If they start putting the puck in the net that is a very solid depth line. He obviously adds alot to the dressing room and on the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

Watching the highlights over. Around two 2:20 into the highlights the blues get a guy alone in front. In the highlights it’s drais guy but he is content to just coast and not skate at all. Pretty pathetic looking if you watch it.

Leon is good for this once or twice a game at least.    On that highlight, there were 2 Blues players cruising in the slot and LD choose to mark neither.  That's some high level hockey right there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

anyone else find the oilers miss the net a lot more then other teams? It’s like we give it away or do a bad defensive play and they top shelf it. They do a giveaway or a mistake and we miss the net.

Or place it perfectly on center of the goalies chest.  Aiming seems to be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Or place it perfectly on center of the goalies chest.  Aiming seems to be an issue.

St. Louis missed the OPEN net a good number of times yesterday as well.   And hit Talbot in the chest or pads a good number of times too.  All teams that struggle with goal scoring are the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, DeutchOil said:

St. Louis missed the OPEN net a good number of times yesterday as well.   And hit Talbot in the chest or pads a good number of times too.  All teams that struggle with goal scoring are the same.

for over a decade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VirginiaOiler said:

I agree that a trade needs to be made. But I say we trade Luc, Yam, and a 3rd rounder for Kessel. Luc gets his American market, Pitt get their tough guy after Reeves was traded last year/ a prospect and pick. We would get a scoring right winger plus hopefully all that money off the books  

Like Hitchcock, I’m not ready to give up on JP yet. 

I'm not 100% sure Hitch i sold on him though. Guess we'll see but that could be coming down from the top (hard to say). For now I'll take it at face value. Issue I have with JP is he has no idea what to do on the ice when he doesn't have the puck. Considering where he was picked and what the other picks are in the NHL (Laine, Matthews, Dubois, Tkachuk, Juolevi) well other than Juolevi all the rest are solid NHL players or stars (two are superstars already). 

JP literally belongs in the AHL right now, he is most definitely not an NHL player. And at this point I can't see him being one. I hope I'm wrong, and you and Ken are right, but if I am right we'll get nothing for him. Trading him now while he still has some value .. and i like your Kessel proposal .. may be something we look at. I'd replace Yam with JP though for that deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup even the staunchest JP supporters are starting to feel the "Pajaarvi pinch" with JP...if he doesn't start peddling his wares soon there will be more and more cries of bust

Edited by bronco73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Why do we always get the busts : /

well what was it, 3 or 4 teams above us that passed on him even though he was ranked higher?  That tells me that they either drafted for need, or have a scouting department that actually scouts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bronco73 said:

well what was it, 3 or 4 teams above us that passed on him even though he was ranked higher?  That tells me that they either drafted for need, or have a scouting department that actually scouts.

He dropped one spot to 4th. I believe he was expected to go 3rd. I think haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeamEllis said:

He dropped one spot to 4th. I believe he was expected to go 3rd. I think haha

right you are pepper!  so he dropped one... not a huge drop for sure... boy has he ever underperformed for being that high of a pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

right you are pepper!  so he dropped one... not a huge drop for sure... boy has he ever underperformed for being that high of a pick

Yes he has underperformed for his 4th overall pick. Like other players, maybe people should just accept that and let him mature. Not hearing much about Yammy being a bust and he isn't doing to well in the AHL where JP was out performing him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Yuke said:

Yes he has underperformed for his 4th overall pick. Like other players, maybe people should just accept that and let him mature. Not hearing much about Yammy being a bust and he isn't doing to well in the AHL where JP was out performing him.

Yammy didn’t have the JP hype though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yuke said:

 So what. JP ask for the hype?

entirely not the point.  McDavid didn't ask for any hype when he won the scoring race but we still discussed that as well.  In this case we are discussing a lack of performance from Puljujaarvi.  It doesn't mean he will never perform and it doesn't mean he will end up being a bust for sure, but it does have merit for discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

entirely not the point.  McDavid didn't ask for any hype when he won the scoring race but we still discussed that as well.  In this case we are discussing a lack of performance from Puljujaarvi.  It doesn't mean he will never perform and it doesn't mean he will end up being a bust for sure, but it does have merit for discussion.

Wow. Looks more like a lynch mob brewing. Momentum is growing.

Lucic has 1 goal this year and costs us 6 million. Talbot has had 2 good games this year, Nurses offense is minimal, Larsson has been beaten 1 on 1 way too often, but you guys want to jump on a guy who is 6 months older than Yammy and is not in his home country. Yeah, why not jump him.

(Now I wait for my mob attack for being the minority)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Yuke said:

Wow. Looks more like a lynch mob brewing. Momentum is growing.

Lucic has 1 goal this year and costs us 6 million. Talbot has had 2 good games this year, Nurses offense is minimal, Larsson has been beaten 1 on 1 way too often, but you guys want to jump on a guy who is 6 months older than Yammy and is not in his home country. Yeah, why not jump him.

(Now I wait for my mob attack for being the minority)

I don't think anybody cares where he's from. It bugs me that he hasn't seemed competitive about, or bothered by, not being productive and being benched or sent down.

I will say that since Hitch has arrived, I see a more effective JP. Makes me wonder if there was a "What do you want to be when you grow up?" conversation?

As of right now, there isn't much waiting for JP in the NHL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Yuke said:

Wow. Looks more like a lynch mob brewing. Momentum is growing.

Lucic has 1 goal this year and costs us 6 million. Talbot has had 2 good games this year, Nurses offense is minimal, Larsson has been beaten 1 on 1 way too often, but you guys want to jump on a guy who is 6 months older than Yammy and is not in his home country. Yeah, why not jump him.

(Now I wait for my mob attack for being the minority)

It’s fair to question if he’s going to be a bust or not...he hasn’t exactly shown signs of improvment. Also there is no shortage of people dumping Talbot or lucic either... touchy subject I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I don't think anybody cares where he's from. It bugs me that he hasn't seemed competitive about, or bothered by, not being productive and being benched or sent down.

I will say that since Hitch has arrived, I see a more effective JP. Makes me wonder if there was a "What do you want to be when you grow up?" conversation?

As of right now, there isn't much waiting for JP in the NHL

This is what I see too. Kid needs a fresh start now that chat has happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

It’s fair to question if he’s going to be a bust or not...he hasn’t exactly shown signs of improvment. Also there is no shortage of people dumping Talbot or lucic either... touchy subject I see.

You are right. It is fair to discuss. 

I do see improvement. Right now you can actually see hesitation in his moves as he processes his next assigned position. Not yet automatic in Hitchs system.

Edited by Yuke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Yuke said:

This is what I see too. Kid needs a fresh start now that chat has happened. 

The kid needs to compete. Realize that his team needs him to contribute, and his career might be slipping away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fogolin2 said:

The kid needs to compete. Realize that his team needs him to contribute, and his career might be slipping away.

Since he has been back up I see him going to the dirty areas in front of the net more than most on this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IGibb said:

Since he has been back up I see him going to the dirty areas in front of the net more than most on this team.

I agree but I feel like we've seen this from him before after being put back in the lineup. We need to see it for 50 games. And then, all the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fogolin2 said:

I agree but I feel like we've seen this from him before after being put back in the lineup. We need to see it for 50 games. And then, all the games.

I think he will basically be forced to under hitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×