The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
HappyHappy

WILD @ OILERS - Dec 7 - 7pm mst, snw

See the source image

@

See the source image

The Minnesota Wild are in town to conclude their Western Canadian road trip after coming off a 3-2 win vs the Nix on Tuesday followed by a  2-0 loss to the Flames last night. The Oilers who are now 5-2-1 under new coach Ken Hitchcock look to make it two wins in a row after returning home from a short road trip that saw the team lose 4-1 to Dallas and then prevail over St. Louis by a score of 3-2 in the shootout.

Cooper Marody has been recalled by the Oilers and Patrick Russell has been returned to Bakersfield. Drake Caggiula is on the I.R. (hand). Newcomer Valentin Zykov will play tonight.

Lines to follow.

I'll say 5-3 home team. One of these days I'll get a prediction right. :rolleyes: And we are due for some goals...

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

Edited by HappyHappy
  • Thanks 1

We're probably getting Dubnyk tonight so I assume he's going to play lights out. Ex-Oilers always play great in E-Town.

Hopefully we can have a good 60 minute game at home...those have been rare. Hope the fans can get into it early.

The Wild are 2 points ahead of us, with the same number of games played. We have no cushion anymore. Have to win in regulation, or we're getting further behind.

Wild are the 8th best team in the league for GA and we can barely score 2 a game in the last month. I hope I am wrong but I don't see this ending in our favour.

Last time talbot played the wild he was brutal and it started his tail spin. I don’t like the start but I guess he earned it. The Russian Valentin guy is on the 4th. 

Chiasson-McD-LD

Khaira-RNH-JP

Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Zykov-Spooner-Rattie

………….

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

………...

Talbot

Our 2nd to 4th lines have almost no scoring pop.  I watched parts of the Calgary-Minnie game last night.  It was a good match; Koivu had a leg injury at the end of the game, and if he doesn't play or plays hurt, that helps our chances.  

As pointed out above, Duby will be in net and he has beaten us like a rented mule in the recent past.  

Hope I'm wrong, but Minnie w Duby and a healthy Koivu have the edge in this one.

9 minutes ago, kman23 said:

Our 2nd to 4th lines have almost no scoring pop.  I watched parts of the Calgary-Minnie game last night.  It was a good match; Koivu had a leg injury at the end of the game, and if he doesn't play or plays hurt, that helps our chances.  

As pointed out above, Duby will be in net and he has beaten us like a rented mule in the recent past.  

Hope I'm wrong, but Minnie w Duby and a healthy Koivu have the edge in this one.

The members of the second line have the same number of points as the members of 1st line over the last 4 games. Reality is no one has any scoring pop right now.

I don't go to many games, but I'll be at this one, so it's in the bag.

If I have to, I'll help Hitch with the intermission motivational speech.

(Going for a 2-1 victory so the pessimists can lament over a 6-2-1 record and threaten to bench our top scorers because they don't score enough, lol.)  

3 hours ago, HappyHappy said:

See the source image

@

See the source image

The Minnesota Wild are in town to conclude their Western Canadian road trip after coming off a 3-2 win vs the Nix on Tuesday followed by a  2-0 loss to the Flames last night. The Oilers who are now 5-2-1 under new coach Ken Hitchcock look to make it two wins in a row after returning home from a short road trip that saw the team lose 4-1 to Dallas and then prevail over St. Louis by a score of 3-2 in the shootout.

Cooper Marody has been recalled by the Oilers and Patrick Russell has been returned to Bakersfield. Drake Caggiula is on the I.R. (hand). Newcomer Valentin Zykov will play tonight.

Lines to follow.

I'll say 5-3 home team. One of these days I'll get a prediction right. :rolleyes: And we are due for some goals...

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

If we can continue at the rate of gathering points that we have since Hitch took over we will finish on 104pts.  That has to give us a play off spot doesn't it?  😎

I HATE THE WILD!!! :lol:

Even though they don't look good on paper, with the players that they have, they still manage to beat us almost every time!....:th_rolf: 

How do they do it?   :th_shrug:

I don't care I'm calling it a clutch and grab 2 - 1 win for the good guys! .....Give them a taste of their own medicine! 

GO OILERS GO!!!  :th_banana:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

Chiasson-McD-LD

Khaira-RNH-JP

Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Zykov-Spooner-Rattie

………….

Klef-Lars

Nurse-Russell

Gravel-Benning

………...

Talbot

Not a fan of Talbot starting. Would have felt better with our big guy vs their big guy, since this could be a low scoring game. I'm not against Talbot at other times...just saying I'd prefer not having him in back-to-back games until he's earned it. And no - I do not think his 1 "decent" game against the Blues counts as him earning it over the consistency of Kos's play (and 2 SO's). A loss tonight could severely hurt Talbot's confidence IMO. Let him enjoy that win longer. 

But then again, Hitchcock does have a better NHL record than me...

Very interesting 4th line on paper. Theoretically that 4th line is all offensively gifted players (who haven't been delivering). Are they going to be asked to be shutdown players? Limited time players that can spark some offence? I'm curious to see how that plays out. Can't really argue that their linemates are boat anchors.

16 minutes ago, Greyone said:

Surprised it's Talbot again especially since the Wild got 4 shots past him on 28 shots (.857 pct) on Oct 30. 

Couple garbage ones too. I’m assuming they are saving koskinen for they big tilt against the flames.

Right now Calgary has the hottest hand in the leaque. You'll see Koss on Sunday vs the Flamers. Rather that than Talbs as he is still a bit fragile and the Flames are really really offensive right now. That IMO is the reason.

5 hours ago, IGibb said:

The members of the second line have the same number of points as the members of 1st line over the last 4 games. Reality is no one has any scoring pop right now.

We have no Snap, no Crackle, and no Pop.  

50 minutes ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Zykov’s in?  Nice.  He’s definitely getting a hat trick tonight.

Talbot with the shutout.

Hah pre game shutout jinx. 

That Flames/Wild game got a bit nasty and because so Minnesota will be without Koivu (injury) tonight and the Flames will be without Backlund (injury) and Giordano (suspension) when we play them Sunday. Bonus.;)

Edited by HappyHappy

12 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

That Flames/Wild game got a bit nasty and because so Minnesota will be without Koivu (injury) tonight and the Flames will be without Backlund (injury) and Giordano (suspension) when we play them Sunday. Bonus.;)

Flames are dirty because they are wimps. Talented for sure but wimps. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrooveyAsh said:

Or a bunch of Flakes

LMAO, too bad they weren't bunches of Oates

1 hour ago, kman23 said:

and not that crispy lol

Extra marshmallows

37 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Good news. How many games did Gio get?

Edited by Sharptooth1

1 hour ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Zykov’s in?  Nice.  He’s definitely getting a hat trick tonight.

Talbot with the shutout.

Let's not jump on my nephews back if he doesnt.... "impress"....right away!...He's starting on the 4th line, and probably no pp time.....So, lets be easy on him...Doesn't need the added pressure....He doesnt make the bills...😎

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.