The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Cowgary at Edmonchuk 7PM(MT) Sun, Dec 9.18 SNW

10 minutes ago, kman23 said:

I sure Hope Tkurtle suits up.  He should answer the bell like everyone else, and what the heck, embrace it.

Prediction:  Flames will go after McD when they get a chance, there will be some fireworks in the first period.  As pointed out above , Flames have played lot of hockey lately, including last night where they looked very good vs a top team.  I don't know, without Gio they aren't as strong, but they are a solid team.  Last BOA Johnny Hockey was MIA for the first half of the game, I think he looked pretty shaky and I would attribute it to the amount of physicality out there.  It took him quite a while to get rolling.  Hopefully the same will transpire tonight.  

It's a coin flip  ;   if it gets really physical/borderline goofy out there, we win.  If not , Flames take it.

I don't think they'll go after McD.  I think they'll try and lineup the Monahan line again'st McD, which would be a change from the Backlund line they usually throw at him.  The only reason they'll do this is because of Lindholm's very good defensive play and speed.  McD I think will have a big game with a hurting Flames defense, he can definitely take advantage there.  Faster forwards definitely have to help out the back end when McD's out there.  I'd avoid putting him up again'st the Brodie Andersson pairing who played very well last night.  I predict a quick game to start, perhaps with some hard hitting, then where it goes from there who knows.  All my theory of course.

4 minutes ago, AlbertaHockey222 said:

My eyes hurt reading this, can you say soap opera?

I figure Oil will take this one, they are due, and with Gio and Turtle boy (as Broncs calls it) out of the line up it should be easier.

Oiler 5, Flames 2.

haha to be fair I never gave Tkachuk that name nor have I ever called him that.

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

haha to be fair I never gave Tkachuk that name nor have I ever called him that.

Whoever did call him that is just stating the absolute truth

4 minutes ago, 420since1974 said:

I'm really liking the Oiler retro blues, wish they wear them all the time instead of the bright orange ones.

the bright orange was a huge mistake they are butt ugly.  The older darker orange was a beautiful jersey

I'll always think blue for the Oilers and red for the Flames.

That's due to watching them both since 1980.

The one change that I do like is that the white jerseys are now for the road instead of home.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this