The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
bronco73

Oilers acquire Manning, Norell

6 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

said Caggiula. "I think I was maybe walking on eggshells trying to please certain people and all that certain stuff. Now I'm forgetting all about that and just playing hockey again. I got a fresh start here in a new organization and I'm able to just come in with a clear mind and play hockey without having to think. That's making it a lot easier for me."

doesn't look any easier... maybe he should start thinking again?

94e2d99bf522b2401f1c4daf064f2a20.png

f02cecbfc452da4db2fe1a0bcb46f8d7.png

2 hours ago, bronco73 said:

love it.

he wasn't very good or consistent.... maybe what he needs is a reality check ..... not less thinking.

3 hours ago, bronco73 said:

So, we all say, including you, how incompetent this organization is, and then a player leaves and says the same thing, and HE GETS QUESTIONED about it?!!

If a guy has 11 points in 29 games, a 3 game stretch with no points is pretty darn normal, isn't it? Especially when he goes to a team that can play him 2 minutes less per night because they have more NHL players in their lineup.

Am I wrong here? I don't think I am.

9 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

So, we all say, including you, how incompetent this organization is, and then a player leaves and says the same thing, and HE GETS QUESTIONED about it?!!

If a guy has 11 points in 29 games, a 3 game stretch with no points is pretty darn normal, isn't it? Especially when he goes to a team that can play him 2 minutes less per night because they have more NHL players in their lineup.

At least his +/- is on schedule.   Playing with more NHL players has not altered that stat. 😎.  

In fact so far, mathematically, and taking account of how many minutes he spends on the ice, he is a worse player in Chicago than he was here. 

14 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

well according to your quote he didn't say how incompetent this organization is, he is saying he was walking on eggshells.  Which I interpret as being afraid to make a mistake.  Therefore I see it as him contributing to the incompetence, not trying to play himself above it. 

And "thinking" is part of the game.  You have to think.  The better and quicker you can think the game the better you play. 

11 points in 29 games is a little over a point every third game... so it was better than he is getting now (miniscule, but better)

Caggiula was part of the problem here, him leaving is not making Chicago better or us worse.

6 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

well according to your quote he didn't say how incompetent this organization is, he is saying he was walking on eggshells. 

the quote is "...walking on eggshells to please certain people and all that certain stuff."

Who do you suppose those certain people are?

4 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

the quote is "...walking on eggshells to please certain people and all that certain stuff."

Who do you suppose those certain people are?

I would assume the GM and the coach, and the trainers, and fellow players, and maybe even his parents.  But that's a far cry from him making the claim that this is an incompetent organization.  It's says more that he can't handle the pressure of being a professional if you ask  me.

I believe the organization IS incompetent of course, I'm just saying that I don't see his quote as evidence that he agrees with that.

Edited by bronco73

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

I would assume the GM and the coach, and the trainers, and fellow players, and maybe even his parents.  But that's a far cry from him making the claim that this is an incompetent organization.  It's says more that he can't handle the pressure of being a professional if you ask  me.

I believe the organization IS incompetent of course, I'm just saying that I don't see his quote as evidence that he agrees with that.

We read it differently. Fair enough.

Just now, Fogolin2 said:

We read it differently. Fair enough.

That being said, he's the professional and he's got that burden of being PC with everything he says to the media.  So he can't just blurt out "Ya the oilers suck and they don't know how to build a good hockey team!!!!" 

He has to use decorum.. and if he was trying to get the message across that ours is an incompetent team without actually saying it, then yup absolutely this was a way he could get that message across.  So with that said I don't really doubt the way you see it either.

4 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

That being said, he's the professional and he's got that burden of being PC with everything he says to the media.  So he can't just blurt out "Ya the oilers suck and they don't know how to build a good hockey team!!!!" 

He has to use decorum.. and if he was trying to get the message across that ours is an incompetent team without actually saying it, then yup absolutely this was a way he could get that message across.  So with that said I don't really doubt the way you see it either.

I'm prefacing his comment by watching the Oilers suck, with the poor team and culture that they've built. So, that's not a filter for me that he didn't say that. He doesn't need to. Those truths are built in, to me.

5 hours ago, bronco73 said:

People always say that. When he has 1 point in 10 games then the pressure will be on again. 

Edited by TeamEllis