The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

GDT: OILERS @ LA KINGS; SATURDAY JAN 5 @ 8 PM; CBC, SN

Still on the road and looking for another win.  We need to keep some distance above the Kings as we reach for a wild card spot...big points - again.

Will Chaisson dress for the game (seems to be ready)?  Any word on when Russell is getting in?

GO OILERS !!!!!

9 minutes ago, RapierShot said:

Still on the road and looking for another win.  We need to keep some distance above the Kings as we reach for a wild card spot...big points - again.

Will Chaisson dress for the game (seems to be ready)?  Any word on when Russell is getting in?

GO OILERS !!!!!

I heard Russel was practising on the 3rd pairing in LA. Talbot gets the nod. 

I like having Talbot in today and Kosk against the Ducks (I still give Kosk a significant edge in the net).  Even with reduced ice time, Chaisson should improve our offence around the net tonight. 

That's the thing with teams that have a top-3 and bottom 9 forwards (ala Oilers)...we need a harmonic convergence of luck and hope to get some offence from the bottom 9.

Wonder if Doughty gets any penalty calls on his coverage of McD tonight?  Not likely.

Hopefully the boys are a bit healthier and rested after a few days off. Gotta get back on track. They're all big games now.

McD vs Doughty is always fun to watch. Lets go Oilers!!

"Prepare for Battle!"

The plan....Scale the castle walls, take over the Kings court...raze the castle, ....exile the King to Tim- Buk- Too!.....

A solid 3 - 2 road win...

GO OILERS GO!..:th_banana:

It would be nice to see the refs call a game that actually addresses the abuse McDavid has to play through every game. I can't count how many times I've seen infractions against McDavid with the ref looking and no call.....unbelievable, tragic and no excuse for in my opinion. Call the penalties for crying out loud!

3 minutes ago, mrtea said:

It would be nice to see the refs call a game that actually addresses the abuse McDavid has to play through every game. I can't count how many times I've seen infractions against McDavid with the ref looking and no call.....unbelievable, tragic and no excuse for in my opinion. Call the penalties for crying out loud!

all in the name of "parity".   It's ridiculous.  The league should be ashamed of itself.

11 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

I heard Russel was practising on the 3rd pairing in LA. Talbot gets the nod. 

Baggedmilk is reporting the starter starts......Koskinen in.

As weird as this sounds - as both games in Cali are huge and 'must' wins, we really can't afford a loss to LA - and I just don't like Talbot.I'd actually start Kos in both games to see how he can handle it and if he falters in the Anaheim game pull him early. Talbot seems to do well coming off the bench. I'm expecting, one way or the other, for the OIlers to trade Talbot by or at the trade deadline anyway.

Cheering for our boys with Chaisson back ;  maybe even Russell (noted above) plus our two new third pairing D will be better.

but Kings have played better of late.  Quick is on IR, and Brown on LTIR ;  

McD can be the difference again;  we win by a couple.

22 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

As weird as this sounds - as both games in Cali are huge and 'must' wins, we really can't afford a loss to LA - and I just don't like Talbot.I'd actually start Kos in both games to see how he can handle it and if he falters in the Anaheim game pull him early. Talbot seems to do well coming off the bench. I'm expecting, one way or the other, for the OIlers to trade Talbot by or at the trade deadline anyway.

I would ride Koskinen to the end now unless he gets blown out in a game, putting in Talbot now would be like bringing up Montoya........another brilliant trade by Chia. Oh by the way Talbot is a backup goalie.

Edited by El Cid

2 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

I would start him both games as well. It’s not like he has been heavily played like Andersen 

Getting Russell back either for tonight or against the Ducks will certainly help the back end . And if Talbot gets the start against the Ducks he will benefit from having stronger D playing in front of him . But yeah Talbot needs to sharpen up and Koskinen needs to stay sharp .

Edited by billpayor

24 minutes ago, billpayor said:

Getting Russell back either for tonight or against the Ducks will certainly help the back end . And if Talbot gets the start against the Ducks he will benefit from having stronger D playing in front of him . But yeah Talbot needs to sharpen up and Koskinen needs to stay sharp .

I think Klef is going to be back before Russel at this rate 

2 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

I think Klef is going to be back before Russel at this rate 

At least Russell is skating in practice with the club . That's promising .

29 minutes ago, billpayor said:

At least Russell is skating in practice with the club . That's promising .

lol, so is Sekera,Benning and Manning.

8 minutes ago, El Cid said:

lol, so is Sekera,Benning and Manning.

I heard that Sekera is skating and taking full contact, but has zero explosiveness to his skating. He could play beer league hockey maybe, that's about it. I'm thinking more and more that that is the reason we got Manning and why we were allowed to dip into our LTIR  money (Katz approved and it makes sense he would as he's still paying Sek's contract even though it's not against the cap). Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sek misses the whole season, and would be a 'bit' of a surprise to me but not unexpected if it was announced he had to retire at the end of the season. 

15 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

I heard that Sekera is skating and taking full contact, but has zero explosiveness to his skating. He could play beer league hockey maybe, that's about it. I'm thinking more and more that that is the reason we got Manning and why we were allowed to dip into our LTIR  money (Katz approved and it makes sense he would as he's still paying Sek's contract even though it's not against the cap). Wouldn't surprise me at all if Sek misses the whole season, and would be a 'bit' of a surprise to me but not unexpected if it was announced he had to retire at the end of the season. 

At this point (out of playoffs, but not "out" of playoffs) there is no room for error.  If Sekera can't contribute at a level above, let's say Benning, it would hurt this team's chances of scrapping to the last wild card spot.

I like that Tabs is contributing from the bench... no reason not to ride K into the Allstar break imho.

Go boys... the Kings will be ready.  With Chaisson back the OIL will be closer to having two lines able to contribute.  That said, why not sit Rieder and slot in Gabradella?  Radical, I know.  :th_rolf:

7 hours ago, RapierShot said:

I like having Talbot in today and Kosk against the Ducks (I still give Kosk a significant edge in the net).  Even with reduced ice time, Chaisson should improve our offence around the net tonight. 

That's the thing with teams that have a top-3 and bottom 9 forwards (ala Oilers)...we need a harmonic convergence of luck and hope to get some offence from the bottom 9.

Wonder if Doughty gets any penalty calls on his coverage of McD tonight?  Not likely.

Don't we ever!!

3-1 road team.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt Rap...

36 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Source?

Hmm thanx bronc. That was my exact timetable for Sek, he will see game-time after the A-Star break. Likely too little too late unless we have a small miracle about to unfold haha. Our weaknesses have been recognized and exposed but we are hanging in there, somehow. A little bit of health and secondary scoring and we are right back in the battle, however. We may not be a cup contender but in my world the Oil can beat any given team on any given night and vice versa. Parity, love it or hate it.

Heathy returns Rej!:)

7 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Hmm thanx bronc. That was my exact timetable for Sek, he will see game-time after the A-Star break. Likely too little too late unless we have a small miracle about to unfold haha. Our weaknesses have been recognized and exposed but we are hanging in there, somehow. A little bit of health and secondary scoring and we are right back in the battle, however. We may not be a cup contender but in my world the Oil can beat any given team on any given night and vice versa. Parity, love it or hate it.

Heathy returns Rej!:)

yep we could sure use a healthy and ready Sekera.  We were never really "out of" the picture... but the bleeding has to stop like right now or we will be.

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

Don't we ever!!

3-1 road team.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt Rap...

Source?

Rishaug when watching him at practice - it's the speculation as to why we acquired Manning. I made up the beer league myself 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this