The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHappy

GDT: OILERS @ DUCKS 01/06/19 5pm mst, SN SN360

See the source image

@

Image result for ducks pics

16 shots vs the Kings, 4 of which were by our captain, the rest of the team had 12. Unacceptable. Glad Hitch called out the players. 

3-2 road team.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

Edited by HappyHappy

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

See the source image

Glad Hitch called out the players. 

Will the players listen and get their act together? Like i said in my early post before, you can have the best coach (Quenneville) but at the end of the day it's up to the players.

Great another Oilers game. I don’t care if they got called out, that effort last night was pathetic. I just stuck up for lucic before the game and he does that. Doesn’t even stand up for McDavid, the ONE thing left lucic could actually be good at. The new dman looked like absolute garbage last night.  Blows my mind PC has a job still. This is the worst run sports organization in the world. 

I don't expect much from the worst franshcise in the history of professional sports but win or lose I'm pretty sure we will play better than yesterday. They need to. 

8 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Great another Oilers game. I don’t care if they got called out, that effort last night was pathetic. I just stuck up for lucic before the game and he does that. Doesn’t even stand up for McDavid, the ONE thing left lucic could actually be good at. The new dman looked like absolute garbage last night.  Blows my mind PC has a job still. This is the worst run sports organization in the world. 

It has been reported Keith Gtretzky orchestrated the Manning trade and the next GM of the Oiler's come on down.........

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Yep know how you feel. I'm going for a 6 to 1 DUCKS win. C'mon Anaheim, don't let me down. Please please please blow us out (start Gibson too - maybe we'll be shut out for the second straight game). If that doesn't get PC fired, then he's untouchable and we're stuck with him.

Just now, El Cid said:

It has been reported Keith Gtretzky orchestrated the Manning trade and the next GM of the Oiler's come on down.........

reported by whom?  This isn't another C2G fake wildwood sports report is it?

2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Beer league heroes isn’t a credible source 

7 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

I don't want it to be true. You and I both know that the only reason that man would get hired is because he has the Gretzky bloodline. WHO GIVES A **** IF HE HAS IT!? Pick someone else! Someone proven! 

It's a good thing im going to Mexico on Wednesday and will be gone for a couple weeks because I need a nice break from this nonsense. 

Edited by 94oildrops

3 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Beer league heroes isn’t a credible source 

I was unaware of that, but it sure sounds acurate.

5 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Unforetunately it is not as reliable as Wildwood sports according to Team Ellis. Beer League Hero?

Hmm I haven't looked at the standings lately for obvious reasons lol but looking now and am surprised we are still in the running at fake .500, 19-19-3. These Ducks in fact hold the last wildcard spot atm and are only 4 pts ahead with one extra game played. There is still a smidgeon of playoff hope if you squint really really hard Ha! We've struggled dearly since losing Klefbom, I wonder if him going down is a large reason why we are losing so much now? Klef was playing solid and playing a ton before hurting his digits, is it just coincidence that we are struggling now or does he in fact mean That Much to this team? Meh, that's just one factor I suppose. Can't win games if can't score goals either sooo Grrr. 

Might as well just understand that this isn’t a team. It’s bad from the owner down to worst player we dress. Just blow it up and get on with the ‘lose for Hughes’ bandwagon. It’s going to be years before this resembles a good organization.

9 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Hmm I haven't looked at the standings lately for obvious reasons lol but looking now and am surprised we are still in the running at fake .500, 19-19-3. These Ducks in fact hold the last wildcard spot atm and are only 4 pts ahead with one extra game played. There is still a smidgeon of playoff hope if you squint really really hard Ha! We've struggled dearly since losing Klefbom, I wonder if him going down is a large reason why we are losing so much now? Klef was playing solid and playing a ton before hurting his digits, is it just coincidence that we are struggling now or does he in fact mean That Much to this team? Meh, that's just one factor I suppose. Can't win games if can't score goals either sooo Grrr. 

SIX points out of dead last in the entire NHL, come on boys you can do it! 

Ducks last 7 games 0-5-2, Oil 1-6-0. Before that both teams were playing well. Battle of two struggling teams tonight.

Reading Russell may be in the lineup. That would be a bonus.

4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

SIX points out of dead last in the entire NHL, come on boys you can do it! 

Parity.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Ducks last 7 games 0-5-2, Oil 1-6-0. Before that both teams were playing well. Battle of two struggling teams tonight.

Reading Russell may be in the lineup. That would be a bonus.

Parity.:rolleyes:

Please don't trade our first overall pick!

31 minutes ago, 94oildrops said:

I don't want it to be true. You and I both know that the only reason that man would get hired is because he has the Gretzky bloodline. WHO GIVES A **** IF HE HAS IT!? Pick someone else! Someone proven! 

It's a good thing im going to Mexico on Wednesday and will be gone for a couple weeks because I need a nice break from this nonsense. 

Actually Keith Gretzky has paved his own career through hard work from the trenches on up. No one can say he rode Wayne's coat tails because he has not.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 94oildrops said:

Last time we got someone proven we ended up with Chia.

41 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

Broncs  you have it all wrong ..., Wildwood reported the reporter who did the report......:ph34r:

23 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Not making excuses at all for some of the recent very lacklustre performances, but losing Klef, and then Russell has to have a big impact, not just because we lose two reliable defencemen (and we didn't have that many to start with if we are honest) but it is the ripple effect it has by asking players to play the sort of minutes and to play against  higher calibre opponents than they are capable of handling.    And the ripple effect is continued when our goalies (especially Kosk) are then having to face a barrage of stronger scoring chances from the opposing team.

That to me is where this 7 defeats in 8 games started, we were doing great before that injury to Klef and followed by losing Russell also. 

Having said that, I don't know why, but there has to be an atmosphere in the dressing room of complacency or certainly a lack of intensity.   No excuse for that, and as Hitchcock says...……..it isn't acceptable, and if we can't win under him, who the hell can we win under?  (That was a rhetorical question BTW).

Maybe Benning isn't as bad as most of us think he is? 🙄.   I never thought I would ever say that...….although it is a question, not a statement.

• Like 1

2 for 1 special, Oilers will lose to the Ducks & Sharks, though they should forfeit both games since everybody knows they won't show up.

#fireChia

#fireNicholson

#freeConnor

#lose4hughes

Edited by McD97

39 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Unforetunately it is not as reliable as Wildwood sports according to Team Ellis. 

Yeah, dont you throw Widlwood into this circus!...Trying to tarnish their image?....:lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Posthugger said:

Actually Keith Gretzky has paved his own career through hard work from the trenches on up. No one can say he rode Wayne's coat tails because he has not.

Fair comment if true, but please don't pretend that his surname hasn't helped his career...…….might as well say Justin Trudeau got where he is on his own merits.

20 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Might as well just understand that this isn’t a team. It’s bad from the owner down to worst player we dress. Just blow it up and get on with the ‘lose for Hughes’ bandwagon. It’s going to be years before this resembles a good organization.

They need to blow it up at the management level and all the ex Oilers in the shadows have to go. Once that happens opportunities to get people with proper team building track records will consider coming here. Then roster changes can happen.

How many examples do fans have to see that the ego of ex players ruining this team and the absolutely ridiculous shuffling of positions of power being rewarded for failure.

If you think Lowe,Mac T and Howson still don't have a voice hear you are not listening to what others have stated publically....go back and listen to PC about how they decide on decisions here. 

Listen to what Renney said as it is in clear print.

Listen to how Koskinen was acquired and how he was brought on the radar....Kurri to Gretzky to PC.

Look at Nicholson....a friend hire to shield and conduct some evaluation to move this team forward but it is actually more chair shuffling.

Those who drove this team to the basement are still here surrounded by even more of their friends and teammates....geez I wonder why this team is 6 points from the basement after failing to get amazing draft selections...............................ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

No other owner in the NHL has rewarded former player like this...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackhawk216 said:

4 minutes ago, Posthugger said:

They need to blow it up at the management level and all the ex Oilers in the shadows have to go. Once that happens opportunities to get people with proper team building track records will consider coming here. Then roster changes can happen.

How many examples do fans have to see that the ego of ex players ruining this team and the absolutely ridiculous shuffling of positions of power being rewarded for failure.

If you think Lowe,Mac T and Howson still don't have a voice hear you are not listening to what others have stated publically....go back and listen to PC about how they decide on decisions here. 

Listen to how Koskinen was acquired and how he was brought on the radar....Kurri to Gretzky to PC.

Look at Nicholson....a friend hire to shield and conduct some evaluation to move this team forward but it is actually more chair shuffling.

Those who drove this team to the basement are still here surrounded by even more of their friends and teammates....geez I wonder why this team is 6 points from the basement after failing to get amazing draft selections...............................ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

(Slow clap...)

Edited by GrooveyAsh

1 minute ago, Posthugger said:

Did you notice I said ‘ from the owner to the worst player we dress’? This ‘blow up’ includes management 

9 minutes ago, Blackhawk216 said:

Fair comment if true, but please don't pretend that his surname hasn't helped his career...…….might as well say Justin Trudeau got where he is on his own merits.

If you look where he started,worked and what he accomplished to learn the game off the ice I think you will see he actually accomplished quite a bit and the track record shows nothing was handed to him and he was rewarded for his hard work.

He has more credentials on actually working  in the trenches to learn all aspects of the game and putting the time in not just claiming he has Stanley cups and knows how to win. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Gretzky

Ask anyone in hockey....Keith Gretzky is legit and took no short cuts. Have to admire his work ethic as it is solid.

1 hour ago, HappyHappy said:

Hmm I haven't looked at the standings lately for obvious reasons lol but looking now and am surprised we are still in the running at fake .500, 19-19-3. These Ducks in fact hold the last wildcard spot atm and are only 4 pts ahead with one extra game played. There is still a smidgeon of playoff hope 

Yup!....What happened to the players who went on an 8 game role when Hitch took over?  ..Yes, Klef was playing but couldnt we continue that same work ethic despite the loss?....I think the team needs a psychologist ... For what ever reason, we're so steeped in mediocre play we go on a losing tear after a good streak ..Just cant seem to crawl out of the slippery muddy hole of bad play and play good consistent hockey!...Some teams went thru something similar (injuries) but yet continued winning, Calgary, Colorade for example...Why cant we do the same?  .How can teams like Minny, Blues, Wings be perennial playoff teams everyyear, but playoff for us come around every jubilee year?....:th_shrug:

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

18 minutes ago, Messrules11 said:

Did you notice I said ‘ from the owner to the worst player we dress’? This ‘blow up’ includes management 

Now I have... Sorry!   I'm just so pumped at how this stupidity here continues and the deceit being used on this fan base to make it look like something has changed when absolutely nothing has....this Owner thinks chair shuffling and hiding failures behind curtains can fool real hockey fans. 

25 minutes ago, Posthugger said:

Just need to get rid of PC and hire a real "hockey" man  ...And I dont think theres no one in the shadows, dont believe in those ghosts ....PC mediocre gm-ing is getting a free ride by you claiming that.....:ph34r: ...

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this