The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHappy

GDT: OILERS @ DUCKS 01/06/19 5pm mst, SN SN360

This fan base calling for PC to be removed will change nothing here...Mark my words. This will be no different then firing 9 coaches. This will only extend the dysfunctional underpinnings of this Katz's idol friends playing team building.

There needs to be complete house cleaning or we will see another decade of this crap and watch McDavid,Leon and Nuge be the next victims here.

We are without a doubt the laughing stock of the hockey world due to the arrogance here.

Simple order of today:

Lose game because likely no effort and no care.  They’re all likely “tired” due to back-to-back, or all sick???

Fire GM.  

Fire ALL scouts which includes all ex-Oilers.

Fire goaltender coach who seemingly destroys every goalie we receive.

Fire Scott Howson, this guy is hilarious...

Fire Craig MacTavish.  No further reason(s) needed.

Fire Keith Gretzky because he won’t be happy here anyways after we:

Fire all OBC which includes Wayne.

Fire all Red Wine Summit inductees and smash all red wine bottles immediately afterwards, because they’re clearly tainted with something fierce.

Simple.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Just need to get rid of PC and hire a real "hockey" man  ...And I dont think theres no one in the shadows, dont believe in those ghosts ....PC mediocre gm-ing is getting a free ride by you claiming that.....:ph34r: ...

Really...pull up PC interviews about the committee decisions... have a beer with Dave Lumley...or better yet talk Edmonton Oilers former scout Barry Fraser. Speak to a couple people who have covered this team for years and one former goalie here....the shadows are alive and well.

15 minutes ago, VirginiaOiler said:

It may be early for lines to be posted, but do we know if Looch will have his name on a chair in the press box?

6cfb69337b5a395685df8af494097171.png

dd2bcadf14d97f9fd465aaf31818bf8c.png

237a5b9a0800f790884c1400a5d6b0a6.png

1 hour ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Simple order of today:

Lose game because likely no effort and no care.  They’re all likely “tired” due to back-to-back, or all sick???

Fire GM.  

Fire ALL scouts which includes all ex-Oilers.

Fire goaltender coach who seemingly destroys every goalie we receive.

Fire Scott Howson, this guy is hilarious...

Fire Craig MacTavish.  No further reason(s) needed.

Fire Keith Gretzky because he won’t be happy here anyways after we:

Fire all OBC which includes Wayne.

Fire all Red Wine Summit inductees and smash all red wine bottles immediately afterwards, because they’re clearly tainted with something fierce.

Simple.

While we're at it, fire the zamboni driver missing a spot, the beer guy- beer is warm, and the hot dog guy- hot dogs aren't hot. 

10 minutes ago, hillcat said:

While we're at it, fire the zamboni driver missing a spot, the beer guy- beer is warm, and the hot dog guy- hot dogs aren't hot. 

Oh good call, so many people we tend to forget a few here and there.

• Haha 1

Lousy as the LAK game was, I'm hoping for some bounce back today against the Ducks.  Maybe not a win but a solid game.

The defence is struggling (missing Klef and Russell a lot), still adjusting to the changes, and not getting a lot of support from the forwards.  Let's get the puck out of our end and play some hockey boys!

39 minutes ago, Bro-lo_el_cunado said:

Oh good call, so many people we tend to forget a few here and there.

yup, gotta cover them all!

• Haha 1

Just now, OilyJetFan said:

Isn't that the exact same lineup as the LA game?

think so... last update was this morning though... I will keep an eye on it to see if it changes

Just had a conversation with my wife and son on this. I know a lot of players don't want to ' come to Edmonton' but as I explained to them, it has absolutely nothing to do with the city or location. It's the structure / culture of this club. I love Edmonton myself - I think it's a great place to raise a family. But if my son was on the cusp of playing in the NHL, I would make sure his agent was aware that I wouldn't want my kid anywhere near this organisation as it stands right now. Calgary, Vancouver, heck even Carolina or Florida (nice spot to see him play lol) - Leafs, anywhere. Anywhere but here. And that's why players don't want to sign here (unless they are severely overpaid), and don't want to be traded here (those with limited no movement clauses).

Rob Tchyksowski got it 100% with Manning and posted his tweet, I'll just paraphrase it now 'Oilers finally got even with Manning by trading for him"

My wife really thinks there's a lot more going on and she's not a 'huge' hockey fan. But how can ALL these players play so bad so consistently? How can these so called 'pros' come out and play collectively bad like they did literally a must win game in LA? I have no answer, but she is convinced there is a lot more going on behind the scenes then we know. I still can't see how, under any circumstance, as an example, Mr. McDavid can be happy having Mr.Manning as a teammate - especially when he's (Manning) playing as poorly as he is. I have to agree with her there - we have massive issues behind the scenes and I think Hitch is learning them and almost said what they were prior to him gagging himself. 

If Mr. Katz is wanting do to another forensic audit of this franchise, well, if he's smart, he won't let the ones running the franchise doing it (That's a complete joke). You need to bring in external people, people with zero ties to this organisation, to go over it top to bottom, sit in on their Palm Spring meetings, and give a detailed report for Katz's eyes only at the end. Should be 6 months long and should start NOW. It would be a better investment than ice district because if this keeps up Ice District may turn into the biggest white elephant in North America.

I even know who he could get to do it:

Steve Yzerman

Joel Quenneville

Brendan Shannahan

I'd pay them a million each to just be observers and report back with their findings. Who is worth keeping, who needs to be shown the door. I know most of the folks here would day 'everybody' and I agree but Katz needs to hear it from people who know and can give him specific reasons why. 

People I'd love to see gone for sure are:

PC

Scott Howson

MacT

KLowe

Bob Green

Paul Coffey (does he even do anything other than collect a pay check?)

Dustin Schwartz (goalie coach) 

Bob Nicholson (his burger can stay but not really sure what he does - it's certainly nothing to make this team better given he headed up the last so called 'forensic' audit and all it did was make this franchise worse).

I do think there are some good people in this organisation, and hopefully my commitee can flesh them out and make recommendations for their roles. 

Good, Russell is back now we have a decent top 4 again. At least we can compete now.

Yammo placed on IR. After playing one whole game with the big club. Yammo also injured for part of the year in the A. Looks good for a 1st round pick...

Just now, WindsorOiler said:

Good, Russell is back now we have a decent top 4 again. At least we can compete now.

Yammo placed on IR. After playing one whole game with the big club. Yammo also injured for part of the year in the A. Looks good for a 1st round pick...

He's too small and not nearly as talented as Johnny Hockey is. Which, if you're that small, you have to be. Guess we'll see in the end but from what I've seen so far, Yamm is another in a long line of wasted 1st round picks.

1 minute ago, WindsorOiler said:

Awesome Russell is back, we need all the help we can get. What happened to Yam?

6 minutes ago, WindsorOiler said:

Chia at his finest and he was wrong again, when Chia asked Yamamoto why he should draft him Yamo said "if you don't I will come back to haunt you"........ Well I bet he is scaring the------- out of Chia right about now!

4 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Awesome Russell is back, we need all the help we can get. What happened to Yam?

A Yugo hit him and Yammo went down.

PC words "Yammo told me we would regret it if we didn't draft him". So PC drafted him. Nice work...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Football on tonight. Not even going to tune into the dumpster fire of a team known as the Oilers

Nope - that was last night - game will be over around puck drop time. Go Bears :)

11 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Go eagles ;)

LOL - we should start a separate GDT thread on this. I'd bet it would garner more interest than the hockey game tonight :) 

2 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

LOL - we should start a separate GDT thread on this. I'd bet it would garner more interest than the hockey game tonight :) 

Haha I dunno OJF, I think this game will garner plenty attention simply because if we lose some are rumbling that it will be the end for PC as our GM. Just like it was for coach TM, Anaheim is a convenient city for the organization to leave ol Pete behind in as I hear he has family/friends there.:ph34r:

12 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

Haha I agree. I have zero interest in tonight’s game and I’m sure a lot of Oiler fans feel the same way.

5 minutes ago, HappyHappy said:

Haha I dunno OJF, I think this game will garner plenty attention simply because if we lose some are rumbling that it will be the end for PC as our GM. Just like it was for coach TM, Anaheim is a convenient city for the organization to leave ol Pete behind in as I hear he has family/friends there.:ph34r:

PC only has two hands, there are lots of dirty little fingers in this pie!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this