The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
RapierShot

GDT: OILERS @ SAN JOSE SHARKS; TUESDAY JAN 8 @ 8:30 PM; SNW

"We're going to need a bigger boat!"

Wrapping up the road trip with a visit with the Sharks...a nemesis to say the least.  This game may tell the coach more about this team than the previous two games, and may change the fortunes of some players for the rest of the season. 

We are mid-way through the season, and if there is a serious intention to reach the playoffs, it has to start now.

No info on the lineups for the game yet.

GO OILERS !!!!!

130731010717-great-white-shark-exlarge-169.jpg

Edited by RapierShot

Can the Eastern teams just not help us out tonight or any night for that matter? Every time I look the West wins. Guess I need to stop looking. Minny, Flames, Blues, Sharks all won or winning.

Well if the Oilers come out like they did against Anaheim (as well as that last what 10 games) then Talbot better still be in his groove. I'll be very curious to see how we respond if we get down one or two goals early. I'm thinking we get away with a point in this one.

9 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

8:30? Is it New Years? 

Good! :)I'll almost be in bed by the time it starts. I have a plane to catch tomorrow. B)

The Sharks have done a lot of winning in Dec-Jan thus far.  Erik Karlsson is heating up with a boatload of assists, and they gave us a lesson to remember a couple of weeks ago at home. 

If we have the same recipe as game last v Ducks ; spectacular goaltending, and good team effort on D, a couple of pops by McD and Drai, we could win this one.  Methinks that the Sharks will be slow in the first as they played last night, but will bring it home in the last two periods.

If I were betting, I'd figure Karlsson shines against poor D coverage and gets in on the act a couple of times to help the Sharks score 5 and that is more than enough.  

But I'm Hoping, not betting, so maybe our guys pot enough to make it close at the end and we OT them ! 

Once again I have us going 1-1-1 on this Cali trip, same as the last trip which turned out to be bang on. We are 1-1-0 on this Cali trip so though extra time won't surprise me thy shall never predict a loss in a gdt (partially why I never get the score right haha)!

4-2 road crew. Find a way boys.

GO OILERS GO!!

:th_wave:

...thx for gdt Rap...

Time to beat these ol' farts!..:lol:..At some point in time we have to start treating them like the old farts that they are....Why are we scared of them?. .Beat them! Show no mercy!...:th_shrug:

Solid 4 - 1 win..  Talbot swallows up everything. .  

😎👍

Edited by Coffey2Gretzky

1 minute ago, Messrules11 said:

This won’t be easy but it can be done. 3-2 Oilers and would somebody please get in Couture’s kitchen 

Please ! Pleeeaasse someone slap Couture. I hate that guy. 

Lineup for the game:

McKhaira    McDavid     McKassian   (that's called the McDavid effect)

Looch      Nuge       JP

Reider     Leon     Chaisson

Spooner    Brod    Rattie

Jones - Larsson

Nurse - Russell

Gravel - Petrovic

Talbot

Sorry to see Gambadella out.  Benning is still out/sitting.  Very pleased with Gravel's play...he's adjusting nicely and looks like a keeper.   Gotta know that Hitchcock will blend as he sees fit.

3 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

Please ! Pleeeaasse someone slap Couture. I hate that guy. 

Don't you worry Ellis,

Headshot Connor is still on the first line and will be playing 58 minutes again tonight so he should run into him at some point and take care of business or end the rest of Connor's carreer! Lord knows the rest of the Oilers  players will not  engage in  anything but pulling on their  pink panties ( some Orange if they drive a ford) after the pre game skate. I look at this lineup and just say WHY? How has it come to this?  This line up is a joke! Lucic again? why not throw Manning in there as well, you are  playing Petrovic anyway? Caleb Jones is our Top pairing  defenceman? Give him some shelter PLEASE! I pray Talbot has a good game so they can trade him and Benning in a package for more than a 4th round pick. 

1 minute ago, RapierShot said:

Lineup for the game:

Looch      Nuge       JP

Jones - Larsson

Nurse - Russell

Gravel - Petrovic

Talbot

Sorry to see Gambadella out.  Benning is still out/sitting.  Very pleased with Gravel's play...he's adjusting nicely and looks like a keeper.   Gotta know that Hitchcock will blend as he sees fit.

I am sorry to see this line up!

Well lucic is playing because he played well last game. Jones is playing top minutes because he has proven he can. Manning isn’t playing because he was a stupid pickup. Also I have zero idea what you were saying in the first part of your post LAkid. Something about orange trucks.

3 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Well lucic is playing because he played well last game. Jones is playing top minutes because he has proven he can. Manning isn’t playing because he was a stupid pickup. Also I have zero idea what you were saying in the first part of your post LAkid. Something about orange trucks.

Well you know that ain't sarcasm!

22 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Under the Apple drops the ship and the oven cooks the onion.

?.... The Onion has been peeled and the Oilers still suck at this juncture!

San Jose can be beat just like any team can be beat on a given night, why not tonight? Obviously McDavid would be a huge part of that.

I was looking at the scoring race and McDavid has fallen behind only because other teams have played more. If McDavid were to have a 3 point night he would be tied for 2nd and a 4 point night would be in sole possession of 2nd place. When talking about McDavid, this is entirely possible and not surprising considering each season he has picked up his scoring pace in the second half. 

Go Oilers Go, Go Conner Go! (as goes Conner, so goes the Oilers)

ps. I think the poster above has his name spelled backwards....and is missing a k.

2 hours ago, RapierShot said:

Lineup for the game:

Looch      Nuge       JP

Jones - Larsson

Nurse - Russell

Gravel - Petrovic

Talbot

McKhaira and McKassian are gonna McProduce tonight!!

Pregame speech from the coach to the boys seen here :P:

See the source image

-thx for line-up Rap.

Edited by HappyHappy
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, OilyJetFan said:

Well if the Oilers come out like they did against Anaheim (as well as that last what 10 games) then Talbot better still be in his groove. I'll be very curious to see how we respond if we get down one or two goals early. I'm thinking we get away with a point in this one.

Talbots a one game wonder.. let’s face it😅

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

?.... The Onion has been peeled and the Oilers still suck at this juncture!

If your canoe is stuck in a tree with the headlights on, how many pancakes would it take to get to the moon?

4 hours ago, RapierShot said:

Lineup for the game:

Looch      Nuge       JP

Jones - Larsson

Nurse - Russell

Gravel - Petrovic

Talbot

...what does Rieder bring to the table again?

15 minutes ago, watchman said:

...what does Rieder bring to the table again?

We really need wingers badly. Reider and Looch should be sitting out right now.

6 minutes ago, Oil_Dude said:

We really need wingers badly. Reider and Looch should be sitting out right now.

Gabradella would be a better choice for Rieder, imho.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this