Jump to content
The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
RapierShot

GDT: FLORIDA PANTHERS @ OILERS; THURSDAY JAN 10 @ 7 PM; SNW

Recommended Posts

A new home stand...new hope?...new rally?  Will the Oilers become a playoff bound team, or a team about  to undergo (more) changes as it looks toward 2019-20? 

We haven't done very well at home in a while and need to start there.  Creating the passion and character of this club seems to be the first order of business.  We'll be at home against teams that we should beat - if not, we can see our destiny before month's end.

No info on lineups.

GO OILERS !!!!!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Oilers will put some effort in as they always do after getting spanked. Then they will sleep through the game on Saturday. 

ugh... all too familiar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TeamEllis said:

Oilers will put some effort in as they always do after getting spanked. Then they will sleep through the game on Saturday. 

Nope - I'm at the game Saturday, we'll win. It's this game we'll be sleeping in. We need to win tonight, and Saturday, and the game after. It's a must win. Losing is not an option tonight. Though the bright side, if we do crap the bed and lose tonight at home, I'm looking forward to the "Fire Chia" chants that will reverberate through Rogers Place. And if we lose Saturday as well, and that chant hasn't started yet, it will - I will be leading it. Listen for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one? Really? I mean Really?

On the upside..... Really? well I am still in the run for the predition pool! 1-4-0. Go Panthers!

Edited by El Cid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say this . They rarely beat Florida , I don't even want to watch .  Then next game , Arizona will be out for revenge and that will be a tough game , Oilers might win . They hardly ever beat Buffalo for some reason , they can't win against Vancouver or Calgary , they struggle against Carolina and they should be able to beat Detroit . That's the schedule for the next seven games . The schedule looks favorable , but it really isn't . They might win 2 games realistically .  

After that Klefbom returns and their fortunes might change , but it will be too late by then . 

This season is a wash . For Pete's sake !  And there's no way out , not even Hitch can save them .

Sorry for all the doom and gloom . Go Oilers Go !!!!

Edited by billpayor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do the Oilers hate their fans so much? Talbot gets the start? Can't they trade this guy? Don't the Oilers read this forum? I said play Manning not sit him. Cags for Manning 5 straight games he has been a healthy scratch? Good trade Chia I guess that's the price you have to pay to get rid of Garrison? You could have done what Chicago did and just ask him to go away. Well one good thing is Petrovic isn't a healthy scratch, he is actually injured. Maybe just maybe if you played Manning you wouldn't look like such a ignoramace Chia, never mind too late that ship has sailed. I am not an accountant but mine always tells me the more you work the more money you make, why doesn't Katz want to make the playoffs?It's how to become rich 101!

Edited by El Cid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

Talbot is in net for better or for worse. Koskinen has been bad lately so I’ll choose not to care. Go oilers. 

What's the over /under on the first shot of the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, El Cid said:

What's the over /under on the first shot of the game?

Florida isn’t very good at scoring so I say slim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeamEllis said:

Florida isn’t very good at scoring so I say slim. 

Happen to have the line up Ellis? Chia and Hitch aren't following my suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Happen to have the line up Ellis? Chia and Hitch aren't following my suggestions!

I do. Lucic Nuge and JP on the 2nd should be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TeamEllis said:

I do. Lucic Nuge and JP on the 2nd should be interesting.

Whowzers,

Is anyone else playing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Peter got a haicut to....

Chia.jpgThis is for you Oiler Fans!

Sincerly Peter.

that was one big pigeon !

17 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

I do. Lucic Nuge and JP on the 2nd should be interesting.

One goal in 44? games ;  Looch is hot and moving up the depth chart lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FLA and OIl are both 500 teams , both on the outside looking in for a playoff spot.  

This should be a hotly contested team as I would assume that both teams look at their opponent thinking that this is two points we need and can realistically take away.

Who wants it the most?  Hopefully , us ;  go Oilers, and watch out for that Barkov;  he is a load out there when he gets going, I am looking forward to watching him work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kman23 said:

that was one big pigeon !

One goal in 44? games ;  Looch is hot and moving up the depth chart lol 

Ehhh he has been one of our better forwards the last two games. I see no problem with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeamEllis said:

Ehhh he has been one of our better forwards the last two games. I see no problem with it. 

Gotta give you 5 thumbs down for that comment Ellis!

Edited by bronco73

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Gotta give you 5 thumbs down for that comment Ellis! I guess if we can't get rid of the Chia stench we also have to live the Turd!

Why? Made a beautiful play to set up Drais goal the game before and potted a nice goal last game. I am not saying he’s having an acceptable season but he’s been playing acceptable the last two games. Reward the guy who knows he might get another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TeamEllis said:

Why? Made a beautiful play to set up Drais goal the game before and potted a nice goal last game. I am not saying he’s having an acceptable season but he’s been playing acceptable the last two games. Reward the guy who knows he might get another. 

We can't be friends    anymore Ellis . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sorry Ellis but the only Pot that is being smoked is in your house. Just say No Ellis or sometimes... Maybe! Ihave no problems with legalized medication but I do know LSD does harmfull affects on ones outlook and the future of your job as a GM. L= Lucic S= Spooner D= 8.5M$ and can't even get on the ice without Connor Mcdavid tying up his skate laces before he gets on the ice!

Edited by El Cid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I am sorry Ellis but the only Pot that is being smoked is in your house. Just say No Ellis or sometimes... Maybe! Ihave no problems with legalized medication but I do know LSD does harmfull affects on ones outlook and the future of your job as a GM. L= Lucic S= Spooner D= 8.5M$ and can't even get on the ice without Connor Mcdavid tying up his skate laces before he gets on the ice!

He’s going to get one! Spooner brings absolutely nothing so I expect that bum to be a no show as per usual.

Edited by TeamEllis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TeamEllis said:

He’s gojng to get one! Spooner brings absolutely nothing so I expect that bum to be a no show as per usual.

Please don't reply  anymore, Intelligence just texted and said Ellis is not home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Please don't reply  anymore, Intelligence just texted and said Ellis is not home.

hey there\s an empty spot on the 4th line ... just saying  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kman23 said:

hey there\s an empty spot on the 4th line ... just saying  ;) 

Lucic's  talent demands a first line spot with Spooner and Mcdavid!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×