The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
RapierShot

GDT: FLORIDA PANTHERS @ OILERS; THURSDAY JAN 10 @ 7 PM; SNW

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

Talbot won, play him before he forgets to find his way to the rink. Talbot is trending upwards he could possibly garner a 4th round pick now.

If we want to have a chance we need both goaltenders rolling.

4 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

If we want to have a chance we need both goaltenders rolling.

This is true, so if they can pump up Talbot's trade value  maybe we could actually aquire a starting goalie as it appears we lack in this position.

1 hour ago, Yuke said:

It was rude, I apologize. I am actually surprised that nobody jumped on me for that.

You threw out a comment about a Goalie stat to try and prove a point. I challenged you on it and it offended you. I'm guessing you don't like to be challenged.

There are guys on here that piss people off but do their research (I am part of this group). Spats happen between us but we generally respect each other. Everyone does their own judging.

-Now, Talbot got beat on the first goal because he was not in position. And it happens to often. He needs to be better. As OJF said above, Cam battled back very well. 

Blackhawk, Why did Talbot start yesterday?

Both goalies need to be better.

Apology accepted and sorry if I came back too strongly.  

No idea why (after letting in 7) Talbot got the start, not a clue, other than Hitch perhaps wanted to send a message to him that he still had confidence in him.   Hitch knows much more than I do about Hockey, so I have to respect that decision.   Hitch has said that he doesn't want his goalies being idle for much more than 8 days at a time, so possibly Kosk will play v Arizona.      

The sooner Klef gets back and Russell gets back up to speed, maybe we can get on another winning run, regardless of which goalie is in net.

• Heart Eyes 1

25 minutes ago, Blackhawk216 said:

No idea why (after letting in 7) Talbot got the start, not a clue, other than Hitch perhaps wanted to send a message to him that he still had confidence in him.   Hitch knows much more than I do about Hockey, so I have to respect that decision.   Hitch has said that he doesn't want his goalies being idle for much more than 8 days at a time, so possibly Kosk will play v Arizona.      

The sooner Klef gets back and Russell gets back up to speed, maybe we can get on another winning run, regardless of which goalie is in net.

We are good.

I agree, with Klef back and playing 25-30 minutes along with Nurse, Larsson and Russel we will only need to see the 3rd set 3-5 minutes. 

31 minutes ago, Blackhawk216 said:

*Psssst* Talbot didn’t let in 7. 

1 hour ago, TeamEllis said:

So does Talbot get the start against Arizona? Or do you play Koskinen who played well against Arizona last time. 

Good question - I say yes

58 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

I say split the time.  Go with Koskinen against the yotes.

I say Yes again

54 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Talbot won, play him before he forgets to find his way to the rink. Talbot is trending upwards he could possibly garner a 4th round pick now.

Yes but we need the win - last two games I saw in person Kos won 2 to 1 and 1 to 0, and I also saw the 4 to 0 shutout over the 'Hawks. In other words, when I go to a game, Kos plays lights out. So I'm going to the game, he beat Arizona last time (and IMO was the first star of that game as the guys in front of him must of been 'exhausted' lol) so I say start him again. Maybe we show up this time, Kos, gets a shutout (or lets in only one goal) and we're back to having a goaltending controversy of 'who starts' and not because they are both playing terrible :) 

Remember, if we want the playoffs, this stretch of games (that started in Arizona) is it - we have to win 12 games. Not an exaggeration. Cause after this part of our schedule it gets ugly really fast and if we are hovering a game or two within .500 (+ or - ) the season is done and we get to watch PC sell off all the rest of our assets so that our new GM doesn't have a chance. 

25 minutes ago, Blackhawk216 said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much on a winning streak when Klefbom comes back because he has a history of returning from injury playing well below his previous levels. Klefbom has been injured a lot over his career and it always takes him time to regain form. The more I think of it, he has come back looking terrible a couple of times where I had a hard time seeing it was the same player. I believe he is past the huge fluctuations because of his experience, but just the same it could take him a while to regain form.

5 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

I say Yes again

Yes but we need the win - last two games I saw in person Kos won 2 to 1 and 1 to 0, and I also saw the 4 to 0 shutout over the 'Hawks. In other words, when I go to a game, Kos plays lights out. So I'm going to the game, he beat Arizona last time (and IMO was the first star of that game as the guys in front of him must of been 'exhausted' lol) so I say start him again. Maybe we show up this time, Kos, gets a shutout (or lets in only one goal) and we're back to having a goaltending controversy of 'who starts' and not because they are both playing terrible :) 

Remember, if we want the playoffs, this stretch of games (that started in Arizona) is it - we have to win 12 games. Not an exaggeration. Cause after this part of our schedule it gets ugly really fast and if we are hovering a game or two within .500 (+ or - ) the season is done and we get to watch PC sell off all the rest of our assets so that our new GM doesn't have a chance. 

So it's imperative that we pump and dump Talbot before he shows his true colors or do we hide him on the bench?

Edited by El Cid

2 minutes ago, mrtea said:

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much on a winning streak when Klefbom comes back because he has a history of returning from injury playing well below his previous levels. Klefbom has been injured a lot over his career and it always takes him time to regain form. The more I think of it, he has come back looking terrible a couple of times where I had a hard time seeing it was the same player. I believe he is past the huge fluctuations because of his experience, but just the same it could take him a while to regain form.

Being a hand injury I would expect he is still skating and working out. Hopefully that helps his return

5 minutes ago, OilyJetFan said:

I say Yes again

We still have assets that PC hasn't squandered? There is not much in the cupboard anymore!

1 minute ago, Yuke said:

Being a hand injury I would expect he is still skating and working out. Hopefully that helps his return

Hitch was saying he will start skating soon so maybe there was more than just the hand.

6 minutes ago, mrtea said:

We still have assets that PC hasn't squandered? There is not much in the cupboard anymore!

Hitch was saying he will start skating soon so maybe there was more than just the hand.

There's a few lol - and you misheard Hitch btw - He said he would start "skating with the team soon" so I take that as he has been skating as well as keeping his conditioning up, just not with the team. He probably can't even hold a stick. So I take his comment to mean he can start holding a stick and participating in drills. 

That being said - you are bang on in terms of his returns. However, twice it was shoulder, and once it was the skin issue (though started with the shoulder). When he came back he played 'tentative' as I'm sure his shoulder was still bothering him. This is much different - a broken pinky. Now, I'm not making light of it, it still hurts like heck and he had pins put in there so even when he comes back he'll be tender for sure. However, the chances of him re-injuring it going into a corner to retreive a puck is nill. I think his shot may be affected but he wasn't lighting it up point wise before the injury anyway. What he was doing was playing smart defense, not panicking, and clearing the dzone quickly and efficiently. I don't think he'll just 'step in' on game one on his return and be the player he was before the injury, but I'm hopeful and confident he can quickly regain that form in a couple of weeks. 

42 minutes ago, mrtea said:

Yah I don’t get that. Klefbom gets the green light to start skating with the team after recovering from... broken fingers.... 

1 minute ago, TeamEllis said:

Yah I don’t get that. Klefbom gets the green light to start skating with the team after recovering from... broken fingers.... 

Probably has to keep his heart rate down, due to the surgery not the actual broken fingers.

12 minutes ago, Fogolin2 said:

Probably has to keep his heart rate down, due to the surgery not the actual broken fingers.

I had surgery on the same fingers. Pins got pulled out and they were fine. Sore but fine. I was catching footballs in about 4 weeks. Maybe his surgery was different. Maybe im just being a butt hole because I want him back so bad.

Edited by TeamEllis

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.