The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Coyotes @ Oilers - Sat, Jan 12.19 8PM (MT) SN

2 minutes ago, VirginiaOiler said:

Nurse should have passed to Looch. He’s got the hot hand. Lol

well Looch was a step ahead of the opponent 15 feet from the net.  he was still all alone whne Nurse had it on his stick too.  two passes could have gone to him.

That being said the drop pass to Nurse wasn't a bad idea either

1 minute ago, bronco73 said:

well Looch was a step ahead of the opponent 15 feet from the net.  he was still all alone whne Nurse had it on his stick too.  two passes could have gone to him.

That being said the drop pass to Nurse wasn't a bad idea either

Yep. It just looked a little congested on the left side where Nurse was teeing up from. 

21 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Avs,  Stars, Wild ,  all lost today....

Hopefully Knights and Sharks lose too..

We need to win tonight...😎👍

your 10 in a row thread might not last it's first night

Russell literally just caused 2 goals against with one horse crap play. Pass up the middle? In the National league? Wow

1 minute ago, HappyHappy said:

Uggh, put junior to bed and now we trail.... wth happened!

Russell decided to chuck a muffin up the middle of the ice behind his own goal line. It got picked off, they tie it up then we challenge for offside and lose, Yotes get a PP for delay of game and score again. Russell is who you thank for both 

1 minute ago, MDubz83 said:

Russell literally just caused 2 goals against with one horse crap play. Pass up the middle? In the National league? Wow

yet a week ago some were saying the reason we were losing was because we were missing Russel to IR.... man missing Kris Russell is your excuse for losing you KNOW you have a bad team.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MDubz83 said:

Imo Tbot shouldve had both....😎

4 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

yet a week ago some were saying the reason we were losing was because we were missing Russel to IR.... man missing Kris Russell is your excuse for losing you KNOW you have a bad team.

I don’t recall having telepathic abilities where I I could predict that even though I like him and he does a lot of good things that he was going to make a garbage play a week later and toss up one of grandmas apple turnovers and cause 2 goals against with one single play 

4 minutes ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

Imo Tbot shouldve had both....😎

If Talbot could make a save then that kid wouldn’t of ate a puck in the face. Of course he wasn’t going to let that beat his glove, but don’t blame the goalies on here though 

2 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

I don’t recall having telepathic abilities where I I could predict that even though I like him and he does a lot of good things that he was going to make a garbage play a week later and toss up one of grandmas apple turnovers and cause 2 goals against with one single play 

If Talbot could make a save then that kid wouldn’t of ate a puck in the face. Of course he wasn’t going to let that beat his glove, but don’t blame the goalies on here though 

I wasn't accusing you MDubz83.  It was an observation of the overall "feel" of the fans here.  I like Russell too, a lot in fact.  He has the heart and attitude of a lion.  The point is as much as he excels in effort, he is still not a first or even second pairing D on most rosters, yet we felt that missing him is why we lost... which of course couldn't be further from the truth.  We can't put him on the ice for 60 minutes a game.. the entire roster is bad, that's why we lost.  That was my point. 

19 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

Russell decided to chuck a muffin up the middle of the ice behind his own goal line. It got picked off, they tie it up then we challenge for offside and lose, Yotes get a PP for delay of game and score again. Russell is who you thank for both 

He paid one back....:th_shrug:

Bit of redemption.  He knew he blew it.  Now he made up for it.  Good on him.

(not sure why he is being blamed for the 2nd goal against though .... how is a coach's challenge PP on him?)

Edited by DeutchOil

1 minute ago, bronco73 said:

Haha MDubz how bout THAT????   RUSSELL GIVES US THE MIDDLE FINGER AND POPS ONE IN!!!!

Lol I’ll gladly accept that one

Talbot should have been able to find his net positioning on the second goal BUT why does Larsson push a guy into our goalie?

24 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

he is still not a first or even second pairing D on the elite teams.

Little repair there for yah

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this