The Official Site of the Edmonton Oilers
Sign in to follow this  
Coffey2Gretzky

GDT: Coyotes @ Oilers - Sat, Jan 12.19 8PM (MT) SN

4 minutes ago, Yuke said:

Little repair there for yah

a healthy Sekera and Klefbom...  Makes Russell not even a second pairing D on THIS team.

1 minute ago, bronco73 said:

a healthy Sekera and Klefbom...  Makes Russell not even a second pairing D on THIS team.

Do you forget Sekera's play last year?

Just now, Yuke said:

Do you forget Sekera's play last year?

his play after coming back from injury and requiring a surgery?  yes I did.  If it's your contention that Russell is a top 4 D because he was better than an old guy who came of injury and wasn't up to game shape yet, plus needed surgery on his foot...  well then I'm afraid we are gonna have to agree to disagree ;)

2 minutes ago, thekiltedzombie said:

I wonder if Garland has ever scored with his stick?

HA, one more bounce off him and he could have a stickless hat trick😛 

4 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

his play after coming back from injury and requiring a surgery?  yes I did.  If it's your contention that Russell is a top 4 D because he was better than an old guy who came of injury and wasn't up to game shape yet, plus needed surgery on his foot...  well then I'm afraid we are gonna have to agree to disagree ;)

Our D will look pretty good once Klef comes back. IMO. 

47 minutes ago, MDubz83 said:

I don’t recall having telepathic abilities where I I could predict that even though I like him and he does a lot of good things that he was going to make a garbage play a week later and toss up one of grandmas apple turnovers and cause 2 goals against with one single play 

If Talbot could make a save then that kid wouldn’t of ate a puck in the face. Of course he wasn’t going to let that beat his glove, but don’t blame the goalies on here though 

Don't blame the goalies. How about score some goals.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Yuke said:

Our D will look pretty good once Klef comes back. IMO. 

will definitely look better, I agree.  As a whole though our D is sorely lacking.  This team recognized way back when Pronger left that we need to fix our D.... that was 12 years ago.  It's on the management, scouts, development team, hockey operations, and owner.  They are the ones that needed to fix it, and combing the bargain basement for sales is NOT how to fix your D. 

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

will definitely look better, I agree.  As a whole though our D is sorely lacking.  This team recognized way back when Pronger left that we need to fix our D.... that was 12 years ago.  It's on the management, scouts, development team, hockey operations, and owner.  They are the ones that needed to fix it, and combing the bargain basement for sales is NOT how to fix your D. 

We miss the puck carrying D man. No threat from back there. Wingers need to hold up waiting for a pass instead of getting a pass on the fly from this missing Dman

Let’s be realistic how bad this team is . Arizona has SEVEN regulars out hurt and are below 500 . We are losing to them . This game should not even be close . 

1 minute ago, Yuke said:

We miss the puck carrying D man. No threat from back there. Wingers need to hold up waiting for a pass instead of getting a pass on the fly from this missing Dman

I agree, this is a big problem with this team.  We don't have the puck moving D, and our forwards many times just take off leaving our D try to fumble the puck up the ice without them. 

Man there is so much wrong with this squad

2 minutes ago, Longtymfan said:

Let’s be realistic how bad this team is . Arizona has SEVEN regulars out hurt and are below 500 . We are losing to them . This game should not even be close . 

We have got players out also

5 minutes ago, Longtymfan said:

No excuse :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Longtymfan said:

Not seven regulars , sekara , played how many games last year ? And kleffbom. 2 vs 7 .. big difference 

Ya ok your right. 

1 minute ago, Coffey2Gretzky said:

No excuse :ph34r:

there are always excuses with this organization.  Rarely do people have to answer the bell.  they deflect and somebody else who doesn't deserve it always pays the price.

look at that drai bonehead pass, that coasting back to our goalie to pick up the puck.  this is not a roster that wants to win.  There are some players that want it on this team, but most of this roster just don't care.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bronco73 said:

look at that drai bonehead pass, that coasting back to our goalie to pick up the puck.  this is not a roster that wants to win.  There are some players that want it on this team, but most of this roster just don't care.

No one gives a **** about winning except McDavid. These guys are losers and seem to be just peachy with being losers. End of discussion. 

Edited by 94oildrops

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this